Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

My small town has a Christmas lights display in a small park where people can drive through. The families that have ran the lights are retiring from running it. My wife and I have decided to take it on.

Some initial questions we have:
1) Lights Q: Are there any good guides or reference points to creating light displays? I did not know if anyone here creates their own home light displays but I thought I would ask. We have been directed to a website to buy light displays from but if we can start off by saving money, we would rather take that route at the beginning.

2) Nature/Lights Q: Has anyone here ever had issues with squirrels eating lights? Several years ago, they had very pretty lights on some bridges in the park but they disappeared after a year. They told us that squirrels kept chewing it at but did not bother any of the other lights. Is there some type of light or some method that keeps the squirrels away?

3) Audio Q: we want to have music playing in the park while people walk or drive through. We are hoping to reduce any wires by trying to find a Bluetooth solution. Are there any multi speaker Bluetooth systems that can be used without is separating out into separate channels?

Thanks for any help. We have a bunch of ideas for the future (building a light up bench area so families can come and get Christmas pictures taken for free, donation boxes for food pantries, toy donations to be given out to children who come through the lights, etc) but these are our main focus with a month or so before we set everything up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

How's your welding?

There's some pretty decent tutorials on Youtube for how to make custom wireframe displays, like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCoCHk0Yxkk