Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

fatherboxx posted:

https://twitter.com/20thcentury/status/1658864957935501313?t=eVFhwXL2bOTV7ajGG3ru9Q&s=19

Gareth Edwards out of the movie jail
It looks good but super generic name and whole movie spoiled in the trailer.. feels like a Blomkamp style flop already

Chappies Rise Up!

Grendels Dad posted:

Not me, I think about that movie from time to time and hate it more every time I think about it.

It looked awful from the trailers, I feel bad for Harbour cuz he generally rules, how is he under that costume?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Monica Bellucci posted:

David Dastmalchian is wearing the gently caress outta that '70s look.

I was hyped for him in this role, but to echo others the fact that the directors are this stupid/lame about ai is a big mark against the movie itself. Sucks for the cast & crew to get saddled with that.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Sucks because early reviews for it are fantastic, praising the artistic vision of the direction and pacing.

Before I knew about the ai bullshit the most damning thing was the Stephen King praise quote

But I was like, he's not always wrong lol

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ngl I'm still gonna watch the movie because I like the premise, that kinda aesthetic, and Dastmalchian

Same but as was eloquently put in another thread:

Gripweed posted:

I'm still gonna watch the movie. But if the creators are opposed to paying for things, who am I to blow against the wind?

CelticPredator posted:

I feel like the myth that films are a top to bottom labor of love and care through every facet of production is pretty silly lol.

Been saying this. It depends on the individual, their level of connection to or involvement in the project, how early/late in production, etc.

Re: Late Night, the filmmakers may not have cared that the AI stuff looked bad, or they actually might have thought it looked great, but it's dumb and bad either way

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Feldegast42 posted:

The Martian was pretty good all things considered but someone called it God's Not Dead for the reddit techbro crowd in a review and I can't stop thinking about that

They're right, the Martian is cringe.

Mr Hootington posted:

They jokerized him

It's a good look!