Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

alwasy love playing coop games with the fam. from couch co-op stuff to online gaming and trolling between family is a proud tradition of most gaming families ime. here are some games and some ways to annoy each other and laugh about it

Left For Dead/L4D2

all-timer and still holds up super well. quick matches, lots of fun, bots are passable if you don't have three siblings but low trolling potential. whenever you pick up a fallen team mate make sure to whisper to them that it's gonna be ok because they loving hate that but thats about it.

Dying Light

good late night coop game when you're too tired to progress the story but also tired enough to really appreciate just doing flying kicks into zombies. trolling opportunities low and mostly centered around bombing each other with grenades or traps/exploding barrels

minecraft

easy to troll in this but you have to be careful as this can get personal. my family always took their buildings really seriously and rather than like make them annoying we tended to naturally just actually cooperate to build cool poo poo together. high opportunity but no realized troll gains really.

new super mario brothers

playing keepaway with the bubble so your brother/sister can't play or pop it over a hole so they die again. or do ultimate troll move and bubble yourself right before the end of the level so you have to start over from a checkpoint.

golden axe

the classic. my brother as a four year old instantly knew that the point of this game was attacking each other and throwing your teammates into pits. watching him pick up my friend's character and slowly walk him to a cliff as a college-aged man begged a preschooler to stop is one of my proudest moments as a brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

I once beat my brother so bad at the Pikmin 2 versus mode that he gave up videogames for like a month.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

I liked to beat the koopalings in NSMB only by picking up my sister and throwing her on top of them. She was very upset by this and eventually wouldn't play with me any more

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

Also playing as the second player in Super Mario Galaxy is an all-time friend trolling opportunity since you can freeze enemies in place as long as you like and make Mario jump when he's not intending to. You can't do it too much but making your friend jump with perfect timing so that he falls into a tiny gap in between platforms is top-tier

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

I once beat my brother so bad at the Pikmin 2 versus mode that he gave up videogames for like a month.

lol moved to a monastery after losing all my blue pikmin to a grubdog or whatever

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

Also playing as the second player in Super Mario Galaxy is an all-time friend trolling opportunity since you can freeze enemies in place as long as you like and make Mario jump when he's not intending to. You can't do it too much but making your friend jump with perfect timing so that he falls into a tiny gap in between platforms is top-tier

my brother always played as player 2 when he was a kid with the excuse that it was too hard but it was actually entirely so he could do this poo poo lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

not coop but adding skyrim here because my brother convinced me to buy one of the re-releases of it for switch and i felt pretty owned after i did it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy posted:

not coop but adding skyrim here because my brother convinced me to buy one of the re-releases of it for switch and i felt pretty owned after i did it

lmao pwned

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh, this thread reminded me - not about family, but close friends. When I was in high school I'd periodically have some good friends over for a LAN in order to play Age of Empires 2/3 and some other games. (Mostly adversarial games, but we'd often play in teams two, etc)

So, this one guy was always super into Age of Empires 3 and reckoned he was real good. He was kind of a dick to other people sometimes, so we weren't super close, compared to the rest of the group.
But anyway, I didn't really care for AoE3 too much (AoE2 is way better imo) but because he was a bit of an idiot and talked himself up I decided to really talk poo poo about his chances of winning against me in a 1v1 and about how easily I'd dunk on him, even detailing stupidly bold methods of how I'd do it, haha

So at first he was pretty eager for the challenge, but as the weeks before our LAN went by, he was increasingly uncertain and began to take me seriously. I was just talking all sorts of absolute poo poo (only time I've done it to anyone, honestly. It was hilarious though) and although my other friends were telling him that I'm not actually that good and he's getting worried over nothing, but instead of being relieved he thought they must've been trying to trick him. Like, that I put them up to it or something, to lull him into a false sense of security (when in reality, they'd immediately seen through my BS and were confused about why he's feeling scared)

When the fateful day came, he was legitimately terrified of going up against me in the 1v1 we agreed on. Like honestly - it was bizarre! So we agreed to do a free for all game with the four of us, and when it looked like he and I would get into a fight, he just quit the game and spectated the rest of the match. (Which went for hours)
He only wanted to play something else, after that - I never played AoE with him again. If anyone brought up wanting to have a LAN in the next two years of school, he'd always mention he didn't want to play an AoE game if I was on the other side, just in case he gets publicly owned in a game haha

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

My mom would use remote bombs in bomberman to trap me but not detonate them immediately just so i knew i was a goner

In turn i would bully my brother off the tracks in mario kart 64 even at the cost of winning

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

My sister trolled me in every game by refusing to play with me if I didn’t let her win.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
eating all the food in streets of rage when you're at full health :evilbuddy:

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Oh, this thread reminded me - not about family, but close friends. When I was in high school I'd periodically have some good friends over for a LAN in order to play Age of Empires 2/3 and some other games. (Mostly adversarial games, but we'd often play in teams two, etc)

So, this one guy was always super into Age of Empires 3 and reckoned he was real good. He was kind of a dick to other people sometimes, so we weren't super close, compared to the rest of the group.
But anyway, I didn't really care for AoE3 too much (AoE2 is way better imo) but because he was a bit of an idiot and talked himself up I decided to really talk poo poo about his chances of winning against me in a 1v1 and about how easily I'd dunk on him, even detailing stupidly bold methods of how I'd do it, haha

So at first he was pretty eager for the challenge, but as the weeks before our LAN went by, he was increasingly uncertain and began to take me seriously. I was just talking all sorts of absolute poo poo (only time I've done it to anyone, honestly. It was hilarious though) and although my other friends were telling him that I'm not actually that good and he's getting worried over nothing, but instead of being relieved he thought they must've been trying to trick him. Like, that I put them up to it or something, to lull him into a false sense of security (when in reality, they'd immediately seen through my BS and were confused about why he's feeling scared)

When the fateful day came, he was legitimately terrified of going up against me in the 1v1 we agreed on. Like honestly - it was bizarre! So we agreed to do a free for all game with the four of us, and when it looked like he and I would get into a fight, he just quit the game and spectated the rest of the match. (Which went for hours)
He only wanted to play something else, after that - I never played AoE with him again. If anyone brought up wanting to have a LAN in the next two years of school, he'd always mention he didn't want to play an AoE game if I was on the other side, just in case he gets publicly owned in a game haha

lol whoa dude

copy
Jul 26, 2007

JOHN CENA posted:

My mom would use remote bombs in bomberman to trap me but not detonate them immediately just so i knew i was a goner

In turn i would bully my brother off the tracks in mario kart 64 even at the cost of winning

lol pay it forward

Wormskull posted:

My sister trolled me in every game by refusing to play with me if I didn’t let her win.

classic younger sibling troll

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

lol yes especially if you ask if they need health first

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Major Isoor posted:

Goddamn Major.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Goddamn Major.

haha yeah, it was pretty hilarious that it was so effective! :D

My Rat Frenzy counterpart is probably like that normally! Then casually posting about interacting with a friend like a normal human being, in the RF version of this thread. :v: Truly a dark, twisted reflection of our world, that Rat Frenzy

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Major Isoor posted:

lmao great story

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

lmao the major picks the renegade option one time and reveals his immense power level

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

lmao the major picks the renegade option one time and reveals his immense power level

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

copy posted:

Left For Dead/L4D2

all-timer and still holds up super well. quick matches, lots of fun, bots are passable if you don't have three siblings but low trolling potential. whenever you pick up a fallen team mate make sure to whisper to them that it's gonna be ok because they loving hate that but thats about it.

Lol this one can be made so much better. You can pretty much freeze someone else in place by spamming the health kit or "pick up" button when they've fallen down over and over again and both of you get stuck in an endless animation loop. Highly recommended doing this on Easy or Normal where the zombies do little damage so its just a long drawn out painful death while you're being swarmed

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

copy
Jul 26, 2007

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN posted:

Lol this one can be made so much better. You can pretty much freeze someone else in place by spamming the health kit or "pick up" button when they've fallen down over and over again and both of you get stuck in an endless animation loop. Highly recommended doing this on Easy or Normal where the zombies do little damage so its just a long drawn out painful death while you're being swarmed

lol hoype

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Weird, highly flawed game that had enjoyable 4-player puzzle solving and shooting, nonetheless

It was amazing at times because the big robot character could essentially act as a roadblock and you could easily halt everyone's progress and kill them with environmental hazards by just standing in place or coming to a complete stop without warning

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Major Isoor posted:

Picturing the Major like Jotaro in the D'Arby the Gambler arc driving his opponent insane by just smiling at him gently, never losing his cool and watching his imagination do the rest

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Picturing the Major like Jotaro in the D'Arby the Gambler arc driving his opponent insane by just smiling at him gently, never losing his cool and watching his imagination do the rest

lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

lol