Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Any time you finish microwaving your food and, as per the instructions, you have to let it stand for several minutes, you can post in this thread to help pass the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Being too busy watching Minute To Win It with Guy Fierri on your 38th birthday as your Hungry Man salsbury steak dinner gets cold in the other room

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

But after the 3 minutes it becomes leftovers and then that goon who can't eat leftovers has to throw it away

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Is this a thing that people actually do? Let their food stand in the microwave for the recommended amount of time? Three minutes?! I’m hungry NOW!

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I opened my microwave last night to find my wife's egg bites from ~12 hours earlier, it was pretty extremely hosed up

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Konar posted:

I opened my microwave last night to find my wife's egg bites from ~12 hours earlier, it was pretty extremely hosed up

no. 3 minutes.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
I let my mashed potato package sit for just two, not three minutes, and it stole my wife and kids and is now raising them in a nicer part of town and I'm stuck at the Fiesta Terraces alone.

Always let it sit 3 minutes.

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023
This is unfortunate, I was lookin for a thread to post in while I wait for my leftovers to heat up in the microwave.

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I've only seen one minute on the instructions unless it's like a pot pie or something and needs to keep cooking for a few minutes after you remove it from heat

pacerwpg posted:

This is unfortunate, I was lookin for a thread to post in while I wait for my leftovers to heat up in the microwave.

Idiot!!!

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
i just learned about making rice in the microwave. very easy but needs to stand for a bit afterwards

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

gently caress waiting i choose to burn my mouth like a true idiot

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If your food is standing after going in the microwave you better get your gun and defend yourself!

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I don't even own a microwave :smug:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

This is exactly the thread I need at this very moment!

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Microwaves are too slow, all of my TV dinners go into my charcoal forge

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lunchtime rush is beginning

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What a coincidence, 3 min is just as much time as I need for microwave mom :grin:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nooner posted:

What a coincidence, 3 min is just as much time as I need for microwave mom :grin:

It takes you that long to get undressed?

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Nooner posted:

save some time for the rest of us

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
F that Imma wolf it down and scorch the poo poo out of my tongue

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
What about a thread where you have farted but aren't sure if it stinks yet?

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

Waltzing Along posted:

What about a thread where you have farted but aren't sure if it stinks yet?

The world is your oyster.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

not sure but you are absolutely on the right forum

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Is the air fryer crew allowed to post here or nah?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Countdown to when I scorch the whole roof of my moth off and my brain just falls down onto my tongue….

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why irradiate your perfectly good food with these "micro waves" when nature provided you with your very own heating pouch?! Yes. The humble starfish, the common buttcrack, is gaia's answer to your troubles.

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

Colonel Cancer posted:

Why irradiate your perfectly good food with these "micro waves" when nature provided you with your very own heating pouch?! Yes. The humble starfish, the common buttcrack, is gaia's answer to your troubles.

now that's a "micro" wave :yosbutt:

Desmodus rotundus
Sep 15, 2013

HAY GUYS

I have never once been able to microwave something so that it is hot on the first go. I will always bite into it and it will be frozen inside and molten on the out. Just real bad at microwaving I guess.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
you can have a better microwave experience with most things by going 50% power and doubling the cook time

pacerwpg
Apr 18, 2023

Konar posted:

you can have a better microwave experience with most things by going 50% power and doubling the cook time

Whoa whoa, I dunno if this thread is the right place for these kinds of takes.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I have a macrowave op :smug:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Wait i thought 2.25 ghz was average

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

1200 watt microwave crew :cheers:

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I don't have a (non-arts and crafts) microwave. I DON'T EVEN HAVE ONE, OP.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
If I wanted to let it just sit there for three minutes I would have started microwaving it three minutes earlier

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Sometimes I just throw a Marie Callendar's Chicken Fried Chicken meal in the mic' even if I'm not hungry now but I might be hungry 12 minutes later.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Sometimes I run out of charcoal for the smoker so I’ll just nuke a brisket for a couple hours on 10%

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Sometimes I run out of charcoal for the smoker so I’ll just nuke a brisket for a couple hours on 10%

You throw some wood pellets in with that bad boy?

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

You throw some wood pellets in with that bad boy?

You know it brother. Only way to get that rich smoky flavor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I know someone that microwaves their water for tea or coffee. Are they crazy? Wouldn't microwaves kill all the nutrients in the water?