Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
FPS melee combat that relies on precise animation and hitbox connections is always bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

Gleichheit soll gedeihen
lotta skill issues tonight

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Hubbert posted:

I bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I've never played games like Dark Souls, Chivalry, or Mount & Blade.

Any tips?

Just play the game and throw yourself into it. In my experience you're not really "supposed" to be good at fighting until you hit a certain point in the story, and when you do, it's not necessarily a soulslike.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/adashtra/status/1783302317539811723?t=FFhmeUaMLmOlm6qi5UXjeg&s=19

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

think I might try to finish a second run of fallout 4 when th update comes out.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Cuttlefush posted:

lotta skill issues tonight

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Space Rangers 2: Won a fishing contest and helped capture a system for the pirates. This made the authorities in a different system a bit cross with me and it's going to be inconvenient to pick up some probes for a while.

Wasteland: Have successfully rescued Felicia, the Mayor's wife. This rescue was a bit tense because she was wired up with explosives. Fortunately, my bomb disarm checks worked out and I was able to send the happy couple on their way. (Then had to reload because the mayor was carrying all my money for some reason. See if I vote for that guy again! Or at all. I don't even live here.) Also found another prisoner called Ace, who wants me to go with him to Old New Vegas to fight...something.

Robots. It's robots.

Anyway, Ace's jeep was parked outside of town so we started driving, only to break down in Needles. Turns out we need a new engine 'but engines are scarce these days' (the only one I'm aware of is currently purifying water in Highpool) so I guess we'll hang out here for a while.

We spent some time at the local library (and now everyone's a doctor, academic standards have really slipped since the apocalypse) and played in the sand for a bit to grind up peoples' climbing skills. Then I poked around the town dump/radioactive waste pit. Got into a fight with a Pit Ghoul that took forever, but got some nice loot out of it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm having so much fun with Cocoon. Makes me feel like a smart lil guy.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/gameimperator/status/1783448450354266246?t=OCE_UU860z134TmMNfCRjw&s=19

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Mothmansplainer
Apr 2, 2020

how many unfinished games is Paradox currently publishing?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i still want From to make another sekiro but instead of being about small guy with katana, its about big guy with huge hammer

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

oh poo poo i totally forgot about this one

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

It lets people unlock achievements while using Mods, acknowledging that Invictus are the true devs now.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Hubbert posted:

I bought Kingdom Come: Deliverance.

I've never played games like Dark Souls, Chivalry, or Mount & Blade.

Any tips?

Don't listen to the haters. Just take it slow, follow the main quest to Bernard as others have suggested, and maybe a bit further than that. It's more of a slow, immersive sim type game than a Souls or M&B. Don't worry about stats, money, loot, etc. for the first few hours. Just ignore all that, make sure you eat, and keep talking to everyone. Do not get arrested in Skalitz.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

its good that imperator failed because now you can go back to it without buying 1000 bux of dlc

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Rome is for losers.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Imperator Rome is a good game now.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Son of Sorrow posted:

Rome is for losers.

thats why you play as hannibal and win

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️
doom eternal is so unironically great in core gameplay, but its also painfully obvious they built the maps first without a script to tie them up narratively

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Asterix is here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TesAeQsn65M

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Goon in 58 BCE writing a long graffiti about how much property he has on the wall everyone uses to complain about patricians.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

its good that imperator failed because now you can go back to it without buying 1000 bux of dlc

MonsieurChoc posted:

Imperator Rome is a good game now.

yup

Son of Sorrow posted:

Goon in 58 BCE writing a long graffiti about how much property he has on the wall everyone uses to complain about patricians.

THE SVCC ZONE

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i came here not to praise Caesar, but to permaban him

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SaGa Emerald Beyond status: rules. Played a bit this morning before work. Resumed my saved data from the demo. I went to another world and a goth girl thought I was her dead master brought back to life. I then had to steal a key from a guy with a snake head. He can control humans but his power doesn't work on animals. So I found a local wolf tamer and got him to help me out but instead of getting a wolf it turned out he's a werewolf and thus is immune to the snake man's powers.

SaGa ftw.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Al! posted:

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Srice posted:

SaGa ftw.

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Al! posted:

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i still want From to make another sekiro but instead of being about small guy with katana, its about big guy with huge hammer

This but it's just an officially licensed Berserk RPG

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
The Fallout 4 Next Gen Update is Live!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

even if you're not a bethesda fan, even if it's just to capitalize on the hype from the tv show, who gives a gently caress? support and updates for 10 year old games ftw

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Todd Howard ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

gradenko_2000 posted:

is it a patch or a full upgrade? I’d check but my dogs lying on my chest and I don’t want to disturb him

e: on PlayStation