Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m watching my happy marriage and it’s the most light novel anything has ever been ever. It starts as Cinderella but bad and then introduces Esper powers. I actually like the weird family dynasty dynamics it has going on. I will finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yeahhh my happy marriage is quite not good. They wrap up the Cinderella novel halfway through and move on to something worse and every guy not the main one is just utterly repelling.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

kーヴェ

kater fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Apr 23, 2024

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I’m finally watching cyberpunk, I guess I missed that Fran’s Ferdinand is the op. It’s my favorite part.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

No one cares about cyberpunk takes in the year of our lord 2024 but gosh I did not like this. It reminded me of shinsekai yori where the time skip happens and everyone is now an rear end in a top hat and the show turns into final destination watching everyone die.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Were runners on the moon
Car carries a harpoon
But there ain’t no meds
And everyone’s dead so we sing a sadsynth tune

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Johnny thirty aces

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I can’t play balatro without trying for endless hands of aces it’s so easy to build I can’t stop myself. I hope the game gets a big update with lots of goodies because it’s a lot of fun.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Endorph posted:

i mean honestly is csm even that horny relative to most shonen. denji wants to weirdfuck but he expresses this by saying 'i wish i could have sex' and then people respond to him wanting to have sex. compared to my hero academia or smth where its just a random side character yelling about boobs and then cheerleader costumes/bikinis it feels way more. idk. normal? honest?

The main character in mha does acknowledge boobies exist.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

What you don’t like mounds of flesh screaming at each other?

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I watched vinland 2 it was very good I liked it a lot I’m glad it had that final episode because in my mind I was convinced there was no way it could continue I think I liked it more than s1 thorfin becoming likeable is good I like likeable characters also the other big guy of mysterious age was very likeable okay

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Arc Hammer posted:

Einar is cool, too, and I love that final episode of him going home with Thorfinn to Iceland.

The confrontation with Canute was also terrific character stuff for both him and Thorfinn. Thr comparison of a King's power against that of God especially sticks in my mind. A King can command legions, take what he wants, shape the world of men to his will, and yet for all that nigh on infinite might, he can't even command the wind or the waves.

The waves thing is apparently a real quote, unsure how much it was used to disparage god tho.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

GateOfD posted:

After the first few episodes of Euphonium, realized there’s not much ‘club president-centric sports’ anime.
Lots of manager and club president stuff this season you don’t usually see.

Most club/sport animes are from the POV of the younger new bloods. Granted, it is the 3rd season already so she did start off as the new blood

Chihayafuru stays winning

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I don’t think those knives are an example of it but it’s not uncommon.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Taima posted:

Are these woman viewed as sexy or is this like a cute thing that's not about that? I'm just curious, I enjoy a lot of Japanese music but some of this stuff legitimately confuses me about what kind of audience it's for. No judgment at all; I just have no idea what's going on here.

It’s just cute there’s no mystery

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Getting mad about spoilers is dumb get mad about people’s uninteresting Wikipedia summaries of spoilers

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Yw

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Arist posted:

Anyway, I finally decided to knuckle down and try to learn to read Japanese starting this past Sunday, finished identifying hiragana and started on kanji yesterday

Please feverishly praise/furiously mock me as you see fit

Did you mean kata bc finished hiragana time to learn kanji is the biggest mood statement ever

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Tell me you don’t know the joy of being surprised at your dude evolving. Tell me that is worth nothing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Two legs means power

kater
Nov 16, 2010

If there’s one thing learning basic jp grammar has taught me it is that I loving hate English I seriously cannot identify an object or predicate or anything in English I barely passed my hs English courses gently caress this poo poo

kater
Nov 16, 2010

mecha guy surely refers to the person inside the mecha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I just see a string tied to a stick holding a box over a pile of Erasure albums