Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Ohtori Akio posted:

anyways the takahata movies are up next for me, i havent seen several and im ready to pog

Howl at S+? Hell yeauh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

i agree, but doing that in a way that does not also look cool and badass is ultimately near impossible without sabotaging your ability to depict said violence in a complex or not-one-note way.

every day i must physically restrain myself from writing an essay about gundam thunderbolt

I think the real point is that it's your own brain telling you the violence is badass.

It was, in fact, literally killing Ashitaka to use that curse arm poo poo to kill others, which he plainly didn't wanna do.

The reading of PM as War is Bad is simplistic, it's actually Coexistence is Key, even should it bring conflict.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Didn't care for how it did any of the principal cast, yet I got misty for the bushy mustache bro they introduced

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

New Vash sucks. I didn't need Stampede to be just like old trigun, it just turns out old trigun is the version of the story I like.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Bebop could just do "Borderlands" and then "Blade Runner" as episodes, and then next week do something completely different.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Jothan posted:

Hello

Should I read/watch Baoh the Visitor?

Hell yeauh

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Watched thru Lycoris Recoil w a group of friends, had a good time

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Been going thru those movies lately to indulge in sakuga nerdery, basically working my way back up to Adult Empire(the 9th one) and the eatin has been good, when they finally get down to it. You really feel the consistent hour-thirty length after awhile tho

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Srice posted:

Yea, I feel like a good chunk of the movies I've seen would be a lot better were they half the length (and I guess in this hypothetical they'd play in a double feature or something). The one I just watched had some pretty nice animation that would have played better if it didn't have to drag itself along to hit that 90 minutes.

Ya gotta fit in ALL the bits, hit all the points on that shin checklist.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The Colonel posted:

why did masami obari adapt a sega saturn adventure game about fighting viruses in a vr world into a super sentai yaoi anime full of half-naked men with huge tits where they make jokes about landfills

Because noone could stop Him.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Is X (the anime) anything special?

It's alright, OP owns.

I really like the film for what it is

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

*watching Hellshake Yano live*

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Squealer did nothing wrong

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Rinkles posted:

As my crunchy trial draws to an end, I'm finding a lot of shows I'd like to watch.

Anything You think I should prioritize?

With the utmost affection, I'm currently suffering through Bocchi.

March Comes In owns

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

deadlifting giant squids is at least as good

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

What are THOOOOOOSE

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Just got out of Boy and the Heron. Uh, wow. drat. Think I'll say my thoughts for the ghiblimas thread, but I had a very good time. Really didn't know Miyazaki's team had that in em

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Was half paying attention during the trailer for that rowing movie and got way too big a laugh out of the line, "We ride out of need."

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

And then the dramatic orchestral Tom Petty finished the job and killed me

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Did you get the trailer for The Iron Claw which basically hit all the typical Biopic Notes and had the entire movie in 3 minutes

don't think so, but The Boys in the Boat one was also that exactly. Also it's called The Boys in the Boat.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Deez nuts have a laser cannon

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Hathaway is fine, tho it mostly just makes me wanna watch the Bebop movie instead most of the time.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Terror in Resonance rules and is absolutely a classic. It's like if the Bebop movie was a tv thriller about kids

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

R2 is such a waste of time, the last bit is honestly all u need to watch

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Get in the Robot, Charlie Brown

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Only watched halfa that(funny how the pokemon thing ostensibly starring grownups feels 20x fluffier n emptier than the current kids show) but I'm glad to see a stopmotion thing find success.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

gay for gacha posted:

Is Pokémon the first movie good?

S'alright, but netflix's Pokemon: Coco/Secrets of the Jungle eats its lunch, go watch it.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

And Coco still eats its lunch.

I remember checking out the cg remake and all those 4kidsisms I used to find horrifically embarrassing as a child turned out to be a lot of the script's charm(it's just kind of stiflingly self-serious otherwise) and it just isn't the same with them gone. No BROTHER, MY BROOOTHER, no sale.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

No don't fly away, I'd like to keep my clone blastoise please.

Like, holy poo poo, two blastoise!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Whichever's the one w the lil troll kid who sounds like Impmon, that's the best one(in spirit, never played any)

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

By the Gods! Spit Yo poo poo, Indeed!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Do ppl still think the one piece anime is bad, like now, now? everyone seemed to enjoy Wano, manga-to-anime pacing aside, and I'm enjoying Egghead, jumping in again after a decade plus

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Put it right in the subtitle, like ya said, boss

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It's a modern square game, alright.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Golden Wind animator: OK Boss, so we got all those transitions sequences you suggested for the end of Bruno's flashback drawn up. Do ya want the cloud of cocaine exploding in your face transition, the zipper opening transition or the Bruno through the years transi-

Episode director: Yes

Animator: uhh Excuse m-

ED: Yes Yes Yes YES YES YES! YES! YES!!

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Last Buuchigiri was a real good taste of cartoony wrasslin before Kinnikuman premiers, I'm so mad hyped.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

panko posted:

alright everyone. cowboy bebop has exhausted its cultural cachet. its well past time for good taste havers to “wax nostalgic” for samurai champloo beyond the soundtrack instead. and I’m not talking about a nujabes record!!

It's alright, a series about the three biggest idiot marks in the universe, gettin some combo of drugged/robbed/set up/kidnapped every single week. rewatched it much less than Bebop, just don't feel the same depth of care for the cast.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

If you like Champloo, watch Revenger from last year

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

It's alright

Arc Hammer posted:

Champloo stumbles more than it lands when it tries to be serious (the episode with Mugen's old gang being the one fantastic exception) but I do think it's a lot funnier than Bebop on a moment by moment basis.

Yeah, maybe! It's weird, as not really that compelling or even interesting the writing is on a script level, where the story goes, the sights and settings, speak to an honestly impressive, I dunno, cachet of cultural influences. Rap, baseball, graffiti tagging, where Christianity was at in Japan at the time, ninja monks, zombies, Okinawan pirates, Commodore Perry; as the name says, everything and anything is in it, and there's bound to be something in there you'll think is the coolest poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Set her up with Wallguy