Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Find the sento with the lowest ratings on Google maps and then nudely hang out with the cool yakuza dudes with the badass full body tattoos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

RuBisCO posted:

Okay but the anime chat thread better pay my kidnapping ransom

They're just normal dudes there with their family. The one I stumbled into had guys with the sick full body tats there with their kids and we just chatted about my trip.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Did Gou and Sotsu end up being at least decent in the end? I'm on a mystery kick at the moment and looking for stuff with unsettling vibes. Just finished Another which was alright, Electromagnetic Girlfriend which was fun if not short, and Sakurako's Investigation which I really enjoyed but stops before it gets to the main story arc.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Terry van Feleday posted:

Have you read the original VN? Also: Have you seen Shiki? It's not much of a mystery but it does have the unsettling vibes down pat.

I tried getting into the VN back in the day but I think the medium just isn't for me. For Shiki, as soon as I saw that it's a vampire story I lost interest. It's more enjoyable to me when the supernatural elements are kept ambiguous or to a minimum. Barring that, something different and original keeps things interesting; I like how it was explained in Another that it all started because of a nice gesture to the first dead kid, which resulted in more ghosts showing up and the curse just being an unfortunate side effect of their presence.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Lord Koth posted:

It seems FMP is getting a new novel. Can't say I saw that one coming. Apparently takes place 20 years after the end of the original series.

https://x.com/fantasia_bunko/status/1681861573537824769?s=20

Here's the 1st volume cover.

Aww man, this gets my hopes up again for a final season. All the original LNs got official translations so I've been thinking of picking them up, but maybe I can wait just a little bit longer. I definitely wasn't expecting IV when that was announced.

Isn't 20 years after the original like in 2021

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Only a couple of episodes in and Kimi ni Todoke is just so god damned good.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Julias posted:

To the nearly 500 people browsing ADTRW, please feel free to post and chat about what things you think are cool and fun at the moment.

I think I'm done tuning the radio telescope I built out of cookware.

Behold, the galaxy.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Fluffdaddy posted:

Be sure to.. .be sure to what? What was little orphan annie trying to say!?

Maybe if I could tune this loving thing better I could tell you. I'm able to pretty consistently get perfect impedance matching, but always at frequencies just a touch lower than are ideal. The red and blue lines are measures of return loss, which you want as low as possible on your frequency of interest (mine is marked at point 0, corresponding to 1420.405 MHz). They best I can do when trimming/filing dipole elements and adjusting the focus points is another perfect resonance point... about 20 MHz too high now. I've settled on this tuning, since below -20.0dB should still be perfectly serviceable.

All day I've been working with a Raspberry Pi so that I can just chuck it in a field pointing straight up at zenith and come back at the end of the day with a ton of Milky Way data. This week's looking ideal for that so I'm hoping the weather after this blizzard is relatively calm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_qqC3mLdSg

lol at all that Starlink pollution in the evening

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://burningjustice.net/diy/wokscope/timelapse_01.mp4

Seems to be working great. Just need to find a place where I can set it up for a full 24h capture of the galaxy, at the end there it's starting to morph into something weird which I want to see develop.

The vertical line in the plot is 1420.405 MHz, from the energy let off by a neutral hydrogen spin flip transition. By how far that signal is from the center, we can tell how much that part of the galaxy is red- or blue-shifting, which is how we determine the shape and velocity of the arms of the Milky Way.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I'm partway through Seitokai Yakuindomo and did a double take when I eventually noticed GoHands in the credits. It actually looks like it's animated competently. Man, what happened to them?

In one of the first episodes there's a long tracking shot through the school and up the stairs like the one in Glasses Girl that made me think about it, but I didn't realize it was the same studio until now. I wonder how much of the same CAD files they recycle from show to show.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

The Colonel posted:

gohands has always had talented animators and continues to. they just... also got hooked on the idea that shots like that defined their Studio Identity. they're like a more hyperactive ufotable that's more fixated on making sure you can barely make out the animators' work under the digital effects, after tasking those animators with the most unnecessarily complex shots possible

It's so weird because with the reused assets, you can do a direct comparison and see how much better it looks if they tone down the GoHands. It's like they just cranked up the FoV slider to put more "stuff" onscreen but it ends up making everything look off-kilter.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

panko posted:

partner because we’re cops. shes lucky and I’m wild

They had this at the general store where I went to summer camp as a kid and it was so loving awesome.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXChpuUBZOk

I've wanted a Rainbow Six style shooter with Section 9 since the first episode of Stand Alone Complex came out. The PS2 game was pretty good, but it would be so sick to plan out ops with all the cool gear they have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

kirbysuperstar posted:

There was a short lived team shooter by Nexon

I thought it was okay but I am off noticeably bad taste

I disliked it from the very first trailer because it showed the Major using lame poo poo like M4 carbines instead of sweet-rear end Seburo future guns.

Something like early R6 where there's a planning phase would be really neat because I love it when directing all your AI teammates works perfectly, and that would feel even better with stuff like tachikomas, thermo-optic camo and being able to jump off of three-story buildings.