Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best in franchise
XXX
XXX: State of the Union
XXX: Return of Xander Cage
Namtab
View Results

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
we have achieved first impact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Even Daisuke Ono is taller than me...

looked this up and they're 5'9" which is pretty much average for male height even in America. 5'4" is average for a woman, so you're probably fine

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

gender is complicated...

yes it's a very complicated subject but I was more speaking to sex and biological differences that we can compare which I think height is one of them

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

I need to get my next booster but I'd like to get the whole family scheduled in one go

same, we got flu shots done tho

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
so I got half way through Konosuba and kinda just got bored. the characters don't really grab me and I think I'm burnt out on isekai

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

yeah i think KS can come off as rather run-of-the-mill if you've seen a buncha isekai beforehand, imo

yeah I like slice of life stories but kinda just feel disconnected from the overall world. I still watch overlord so maybe I need to vibe with the premise

I have been collecting the deluxe editions of a Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou. never read it before but remember it being recc'ed a long time ago. the stories are wholesome and the back story starts to be revealed at a slow deliberate pace

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Ohtori Akio posted:

dumb bitches engaging in hijinks......sounds good

well it's very much centered around the dude which leads to predictable hijinks. it's funny, at times, but not genre defining

for the record not all media needs to break boundaries to be good. it's perfectly a serviceable show

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

symbolic posted:

im going to watch the first ep of Frieren when i get home to see if i vibe with it

everyone plz do this. I've been reading Frieren for a bit but it's a lovely series

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

homeless snail posted:

I think he just likes planes.

:hmmyes:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

I bought Disgaea 7. If it keeps being good I might have to slot it behind 5 as the second best Disgaea.

which system? I haven't played Disgaea since 2 and was debating between one of the newer ones or tactics ogre reborn on switch

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

Tactics ogre loving owns

very much so. I've played Lodis, LUCT and 64 but I have a hard time not playing the remake because they're just so baller. the amount of classes gets my srpg brain going

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

I'm just in a lot of pain every day. It might just be a "getting old" thing? It's all over the counter stuff, and I never exceed the limits on the back (the stuff like don't exceed x amount in y amount of time).

I was just curious because I do end up taking something or other to relieve my pain every day. The best one was pot, but I'm a month clean on that stuff I dunno if I wanna get back to it right now, even if it was excellent at removing not only my physical pain but the emotional pain as well.

I hope that I didn't give off the impression that I wasn't reading or internalizing the advices you and the other posters in the thread were giving, I apologize if that's the case.

Thank you very much for your replies and interest.

there's no real point in going internet doctor but if you're in chronic pain there's going to be a cause. it's vastly cheaper to catch things early than late

also you're in your 30's you're no where near actually old

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Kild posted:

this.

getting old pain would be maybe in your 60s or 70s depending on how hard you were on your joints

yeah I have joint paint because I have genetic arthritis. so I do low impact stuff like cycling and swimming

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Erg posted:

what’s the high impact exercise

from the lower back / foot pain combo. I'd vote running of some form

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

is there like, a term for wearing your hair like this? or is it just "a bun with some hair in the front left to hang freely"

thus far my initial dive into cosmetology has been a barrage of terms a woman can use to explain to her stylist how she wants her hair to be cut but this isn't a haircut (as far as i can tell, her actual haircut has no more technical term than simply "long")

I mean it looks like a bun and bangs that got tousled by the suit

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

it isn't tousled by the suit, her hair's like that in other contexts too

well that's just one bang that's left to grow long for an asymmetrical look. which is a trend that's picked up a lot of steam over the past decade. for the record I'm not a cosmetology expert but my partner is

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

ninjewtsu posted:

see this was what i thought at first too, but later in the movie she undoes the bun and her haircut is actually just "long"

as far as i can tell she is just leaving some hair out of the bun, and i guess pulling it over her face? or she grew her bangs out on both sides?

yeah, i was hoping there was a more specific term for doing this that i could look more deeply into the context of but it seems there is not

honestly same

personally i will not complain if it is not the thread title

I was just going for reference frames you used earlier. I don't know this character

as for specific terms there are more generalized terms you combine into different looks. hair is really versatile

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

Win your next match and it can dunk on me instead

wait what match we talking bout?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

I appreciate the feedback, little late tho

you were correct on the briefly part tho

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

ok it is time to watch char's counterattack

hell loving ya. I always love seeing the opening fight ReGZ's are so cool

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I've never seen this sick rear end line before and it's great. I'll be stealing this :tipshat:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

I can't believe Amuro Ray is loving dead

neither could the rest of us when we first saw it. like it's better for the overall narrative that characters don't live forever but goddamn bro that's a hell of a way to go down

when you look at Amuro's life after the OYW it's actually kinda been lovely

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

Dying was the only way Amuro could escape the sudden awkward turn the conversation took.

death or being the personal therapist to your mortal foe. my man made the right choice

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Ohtori Akio posted:

the other day my buddy was explaining to me that if i knock someone down in a match its extremely important that i whack them on the head before checking if theyre ok. kendo rules

zombieland rule #2 was pretty clear always going for the head shot even if it may be a waste. the alternative is worse

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Namtab posted:

How many of them are properly thicc makima?

huh do I remember makima wrong? they seemed pretty average in build

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

just doesn't scream thiccness to me

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Southern Cassowary posted:

this is where the gator lives

if it was middle of the day, they were probably sun bathing

Buschmaki posted:

How many stake out poles does it keep to keep a kayak steady?

usually just one

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Southern Cassowary posted:

one does the job, two works better if you want to face a specific direction

you can also do a trolley system on the side for an anchor so you can adjust the attachment point to change your facing but the pole is more convenient when i'm always shallow

it is around sunset and the motherfucker has chased my fishing lures multiple times

ah that's fair. yeah don't gently caress with gators near the end of the day, they're the most active. all that lounging around makes gatorbaby hungies

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

it is the sunshine state and it does some weird stuff to people's brains. this is like a couple months / years away from a follow up story of it eating her

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
the Heffer episode where his brain gets jacked is wild

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I'll never get over the name

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

It's a mildly alcoholic drink with active cultures, basically drinkable yogurt but it gets you buzzed.

wait what for real? no wonder I see crunchy moms chugging that poo poo

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

looks like meats back on the menu boys :black101:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

Im going to eat some cake today, I challenge anyone to stop me.

what kind of cake? that word means different things depending on the culture

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Shinjobi posted:

I think it's an oreo cake or something, gonna have a slice

fuuuuuck that's my fav. I do like ice cream cake with cookie crumble but it's not the same frosting generally

butter cream 4 lyfe

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
ngl cream cheese icing is really good too but it's not #1

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

verbal enema posted:

Never had shawarma

chicken shawarma is what I get at the mediterranean nearby and it is baller

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

If you can find a decent place its fantastic. Very easy to ruin though, the wrap used is key.

you can get it as a plate too

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Furnaceface posted:

Disgaea 7 is really fun. Would recommend once it goes on sale.

Also get Tactics Ogre if you dont have it yet.

I started Tactics Ogre Reborn last night and got sucked in hard. the starting wizard I turned into a sleep / poison machine, turned some warriors into knights and gave them crowsbows. fiddling with my team has never been more fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

Meowywitch posted:

Why do my teeth hurt even though I brush every day?

go to the doctor. tooth sensitivity can be caused by multiple things