Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

4'2 QB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

1/4back

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Lol I missed this yesterday

https://twitter.com/FootbaIl_Tweets/status/1703559822002541038?t=rzvpc-ySyMJGbNMj5bx1AA&s=19

And never change [post college] Jameis:

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1703964729511702894?t=FA9YmbMzQeVP7yIWjV-kEA&s=19

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

It was 100% apparent that the packers weren't stopping the falcons if they punted then they did the dumb get them offside game instead of just going for it

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

wandler20 posted:

And never change [post college] Jameis:

"The Jameis Winston Bucs days were simply electrifying"

in that I was subjected to many painful shocks, yes, I guess that's an accurate description of that time

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Chubb's career is probably over and Watson is unhurt

The football gods are assholes.

No god. Only hurt

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Lmao Browns

Imagine selling your soul to get worse production than Baker Mayfield and Jacoby Brissett

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Benne posted:

Lmao Browns

Imagine selling your soul to get worse production than Baker Mayfield and Jacoby Brissett

and the Broncos! Well, I guess they sold the farm, not their souls.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I do feel bad for Chubb. Isn't his fault he ended up on that team.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Poor Chubb :smith:

gently caress Watson.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Chubb's career is probably over and Watson is unhurt

The football gods are assholes.

Indeed they are. I hope Chubb survives.

Oh well. Browns are the Browns, lost season.

Maybe Haslam will go wild and fire the coaching staff or Stefanski because Deshaun can't do poo poo.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I can’t find the tweet now, but it’s apparently the same knee they rebuilt in Georgia so :rip: probably

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I can’t find the tweet now, but it’s apparently the same knee they rebuilt in Georgia so :rip: probably

Ugh, that's even more horrible

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Frank Reich is gonna ruin him.

Get him some weapons and an offense that isn't predictable and outdated as hell.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Stupid rant but this game has made me really angry and sad.

A few years ago this organization had hope. A playoff appearance for the first time since 2003 and a playoff win for the first time since the reboot. Some serious questions but a couple elite talents to build around. After one disappointing season marked by internal strife they decided to mortgage the entire future for a rapist QB who had sat out the entire previous season.

Every radio show was suddenly all about this horrible move. Every one of the worst fans was all about how this was going to be the move that won us a super bowl. If you said this contract was an albatross you "just don't understand how the NFL works". If you said one top-5 season might have been a fluke, you clearly didn't watch it. If you said he was a bad person, you were told there are tons of bad people that win super bowls, players aren't role models, etc. Fans critical of Watson basically got chased out of browns centric message boards, facebook groups, etc. When he sucked last year, it was "just rust" and it "wasn't fair to judge him against players in mid-season form". Now it's plainly obvious that he loving sucks. There won't even be any joy when they finally bench or cut him, because he's walking away with a 250 million dollar bag of money.

As far as I'm concerned, the Browns loving died today with Nick Chubb's knee. So loving depressing that my favorite player is gone, especially since so many seem to think it's a career ender given his history. He's basically the Anti-Watson, good guy on and off the field.

gently caress Deshaun Watson. Make him into the most expensive bench warmer or cut him now and just like take the hit so maybe in a couple years we can have a team worth watching. What happens when you're 100k over the salary cap? I don't know, but it would be funny at least.

Gatts posted:

Maybe Haslam will go wild and fire the coaching staff or Stefanski because Deshaun can't do poo poo.

He will do anything but admit that Watson was a bad decision. Whole org gets blown up this year unless something miraculous happens.

Can't wait to see who signs up to build an offense around a QB who can't scramble, can't throw, and somehow manages to commit roughing penalties as the loving QB. What a piece of poo poo.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The Browns don't have a first till 2025 and Watsons contract is unmovable and doesn't hit void years till 2027. They went all in on winning this year. The cap next year is already in the negatives.

Every player with years left on their career should go ahead and demand a trade by midseason. There's no meaningful football to be played in cleveland for multiple years barring Haslam finding then next Jalen Hurts which lol. Speaking of Jimmy has been slowly moving to get a new stadium betting on the team finally coming together.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 19, 2023

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm glad the Browns suck

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Deshawn once again does not get a happy ending

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I really am sorry for our Browns brethren here at TFF

(but this is tremendous content)

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

AndrewP posted:

I really am sorry for our Browns brethren here at TFF

(but this is tremendous content)

:same:

Is Haslam hated as much as Snyder was? Is there a way to get him implemented in some scheme where he's affecting the other owners' bottom dollar or profits?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Android Apocalypse posted:

:same:

Is Haslam hated as much as Snyder was? Is there a way to get him implemented in some scheme where he's affecting the other owners' bottom dollar or profits?

He was part of a massive fraud scandal at Pilot Flying J, but that wasn't the NFL owners' money so they didn't give a poo poo.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Jameis deserves a chance to be the Jets’ starter.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Nah gently caress the Browns and gently caress Ohio

For real

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i haven't checked the score but i've read the reaction threads and i'm still kind of unclear on who won the browns/steelers game

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

kidcoelacanth posted:

i haven't checked the score but i've read the reaction threads and i'm still kind of unclear on who won the browns/steelers game

Ohio lost statistically, physically, and emotionally

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

OHIO-2 for the weekend can't lie

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

kidcoelacanth posted:

The real winners were the people who didn't play. Or watch.

And the Ravens.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
One day, MNF will feature a good offense.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

so far ohio has only beaten itself and no one else. how long will this continue? possibly october 8th or 22nd. possibly longer

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Funny

https://twitter.com/genericjensen/status/1703952603602694503?s=20

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

something something mountain out of molehill.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

There's the look of a guy who knows he just did something embarrassing on national television.

:golfclap:
vvvvv

Nervous fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Sep 19, 2023

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

FizFashizzle posted:

something something mountain out of molehill.

For Young, a molehill looks a lot like a mountain.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chubb went to a hospital as a precaution but there was no nerve/vascular damage, per Mary Kay Cabot.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

This browns season is already making me feel a bit sick to my stomach and I’m not even a browns fan. This poo poo is tragic. Should have never picked up Watson

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

biceps crimes posted:

This browns season is already making me feel a bit sick to my stomach and I’m not even a browns fan. This poo poo is tragic. Should have never picked up Watson

— Every Browns fan in existence, every season, including myself

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

— Every Browns fan in existence, every season, including myself

The difference now is that the Browns used to have a fun underdog energy and they completely pissed it way

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Watson isn't going to get them a super bowl, so imo, the Browns should start trying wacky schemes to get rid of him so they can get that money back.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MJeff posted:

Watson isn't going to get them a super bowl, so imo, the Browns should start trying wacky schemes to get rid of him so they can get that money back.

Serial offenders will do that all by themselves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm thinking about the Browns just before the Watson trade. Just went 8-9, had all their draft picks including #13 for the upcoming 2022 draft, the biggest question was if they were going to sign Baker long-term. Not the worst situation to be in.

They could have let Baker's rookie contract ride, or traded him and picked up a journeyman type to be a bridge for what should be a good roster that isn't tied down to a massive QB deal, or signed him for a reasonable if not top of market contract. And then they're thinking hey, Lamar Jackson STILL hasn't signed long-term in Baltimore, that's kinda weird, maybe we could lure him away from Baltimore with a huge fully guaranteed deal that Haslam seems totally fine with paying and not trade our soul in the process! But alas.