Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

Everyone is familiar with this pattern, I think. Your pet has a name. A cool or dignified name, even.

Then you start calling them something incredibly stupid. You turn into a gibbering ape when you see them because of how adorable they are, or their name progressively morphs into a collection of unrecognizable syllables, or you have some kind of pet name that doesn't even resemble the original name, or you end up shouting something in indignation.

I would like to hear all of the above. Tell me about the weird poo poo you call your pets. Bonus points for including a picture of the weirdo.

This is Hubris. She was originally nicknamed Hubie, and is now varyingly called "Hubie-dubie-doo" (my mom), "Kitten" (my dad), "hoobis" or "BABY" (me), or "YOU GOBLIN!!!" (she is doing something she should not).

The recently-departed family dog, Ginger (RIP), was varyingly called "Buns", "Buns-buns", and "DA BUNS", which I find very interesting because they bear absolutely no resemblance to her original name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
My dachshund, Olivia, is currently being called a mix of Bird, Birdie, Burtle, or Turtle. This is of course perfectly logical. The logic being, as near as I can recall:

Olivia becomes Livy
Livy becomes Livy Bivy
Livy Bivy becomes Livy Bivulini
Bivy Tortellini
Tortie
Tortie Shmortie
Shmortle
Shmurtle
Shmurtle Turtle
Turtle Burtle
Birdie

She is also Lump, Goblin, or a million other things.

Burtle tax:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

my cat's name is still the same name but sometimes i address him with songs. the tunes of the songs are different but the lyrics are the same. the lyrics are as follows:

Meow my little Simon cat
Meow meow
Meow meow

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in
I sort of slip into futurama Nixon when I talk to my pup. Aroo, Coco.

Pup tax:

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Ferdie responds to "the boy" more than his actual name. His ears turn towards me if I even say the word "boy".

He is also known as Baby Man. Because he is extremely baby.

pandy fackler
Jun 2, 2020

pandy fackler fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

netch-a-sketch
Dec 24, 2019
My cat's full name is Chicken Burger Nugget
But referred to as Nugget/Nug
Quite often I'll call her Nug Bug
Sometimes my little beanie baby