Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Wippersnapper posted:

I'm starting to think maybe San Jose isn't very good.

There’s been multiple occasions already where it’s looked like a power play, but it’s not. And not like defence has been out for 2 minutes, seemingly fresh legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

That last few minutes was great to watch.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Surely this is more a roster thing than a coach thing.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Hughes has had two penalties, and both times out of the box has had a a grade chance. Great way to pad your point totals and limit your playing time

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

10!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

grack posted:

This is the laziest game I've seen from Quinn Hughes in a long-rear end time and he has 5 points.

Given the quality of opposition has meant that on atleast one occasion I mistook Friedman for Hughes.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Pretty good set of games on today, Tampa/Toronto and Bruins/Stars as legit contender contests, then Edmonton/Vancouver where I’d guess either McDavid is going to go off.. or it’s going to get super messy in Edmonton.

Edit: Martin was fine in van until he was asked to step into a role that was beyond him. And to be fair I don’t think there are many non Vezina winners who wouldn’t have sucked in that dumpster fire.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 7, 2023

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Seriously. That was the most dominant OT performance I've seen out of a team this season.

Tampa going for a deep forchecking press instead of waiting at their blue line seemed odd. Seemed certain to give up a high danger chance.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Lucky break the refs mistook Garlands elbow for a stick..

Wouldn’t want to give the refs a chance to call a make up.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Canucks are so lucky they aren’t out of this game. Skinner giving up a softy to end the period 1-1 would be amusing given it should probably be 3-0 (and might still be if they can’t work out how to touch the puck)

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Not a softy but I think a own goal counts for lol value.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Ok that’s a softy (it’s Suter not a sniper)

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

BROCK!

Canucks PDO must be like 140 now..

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Surely you can’t do that..

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

He's not trying to hit him and he's out of the net so its fine

Don’t think he was trying to hit him, but Demko wasn’t moving and the forward took him down.

HOGS!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

VOTE1 posted:

Pretty good set of games on today, Tampa/Toronto and Bruins/Stars as legit contender contests, then Edmonton/Vancouver where I’d guess either McDavid is going to go off.. or it’s going to get super messy in Edmonton.

It was the later

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

PDO going up!

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I’m here for this.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

When it’s not going your way.. it’s not going your way.

Which is awesome.

Surely it’s panic trade time? Or straight to fire the coach?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Hope Horvat gets a hattrick, guy put up with captaining a garbage team for years, says some slightly negative things about playing for a absolutely terrible team for most of his career and he’s the bad guy somehow.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

heehee posted:

sharks are stoppable

Canucks got real lucky their wake up call didn’t count.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Ok, that was not a 5 minute major.

I’m listening to the Canucks radio coverage, and when I teams colour radio guy thinks the other team was harshly treated, it must be real unfair..

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Christ that’s embarrassing by Brodie

was that defence worse?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Tocchet has pressed pretty much every right button this season, but man has he broken Kuzmenko.

Edit:,maybe fairer to say Kuzmenko broke himself (or is just a streaky one dimensional player) but Tocchet certainly hasn’t fixed him.

VOTE1 fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 10, 2023

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

A grade assist by bob there…

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

He’s already getting 6 million from the Canucks, how much more does he need??

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Let’s go with mob boss has his wife and family then.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Don’t know why the Canucks had to play the whole last period like they were defending a one goal lead, that was a dull end. That’s going to pump up the pdo..

Also play Wild, blackhawks and Nashville next three games, about as good chance to go 7 in a row as you are going to get.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

grack posted:

Nils Aman? Seriously?

Alright

You give (almost) any NHL player the puck a metre from the net and have multiple defenders behind the net it’s going go end up in pretty often.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

OT is broken, don’t care what they do (shot clock, half court) just something other then 4:30 of slow skating around in circles and then a couple of chances in the last bit.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

I think the simplest change would be to swap ends, that way when teams curl back to their own blue line, it’s a lot easier for the team without the puck to change. That would mostly remove the just tire then out for 2 minutes strategy. Casual viewers wouldn’t even notice the change, no need to explain rules etc (or introduce mechanics that have unintended consequences).

Escape Goat posted:

Delay of game penalty for bringing it out of the attacking zone?

Even just face off in your d zone would be sufficient here. A penalty in OT is probably about a 50% chance of a goal, so I think that’s too severe. Could also result in some weird play where defenders almost pass rush a guy as he enters the zone trying to push him out.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

fisting by many posted:

I feel like Vancouver will score a goal and tie the game :)

I don't see it, they had their looks earlier in the period and couldn't hit the cage..

(maybe they should have played Kuzmenko..)

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Love Canucks Twitter, literally incapable of not finding someone to pile on at all times. (Demko this time)

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Wow that was dumb by Joshua

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

mcmagic posted:

what the gently caress are the refs looking at on that trip on luke?

The bar for getting a 5 on 3 late in a game is very high. Somehow it’s higher than that.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

mcmagic posted:

it was like the most clear trip i've ever seen

He could have taken out both his legs?

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

The Lotto line thing might just be good.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Incredibly arbitrary, but that’s gotta be up there for prettiest two goals in a two minute period.

Petey had more stick touches in a play than most 4th liners have in a game, and then Hoggy outdoes him.

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

Brock Nelson ripped a wrister so hard it sent the defenders stick flying. It dinged bar down loud enough it came through on the broadcast.

Best goal ive seen tonight

A giraffe just scored. Cant beat that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VOTE1
Aug 23, 2007

Brock with his 26th and 27th goal in the 42nd game of the season.

Almost paid a price to trade him a few months ago!