Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

AEW isn't dead but boy it gradually became TNA

frustrating agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Grody Chodes

keep me out of it

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I95HoxVPC0

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he has to change his name to JUNGLE THE DEVIL BOY

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

If the devil is Jack Perry JUNGLE BOY should change his avatar to this image with the caption "i can be your angle or yuor devil"

:hmmyes:

you should do that to him if it happens

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

if takeshita isn't wrestling at least once every week then i think it's safe to say aew deserves cancellation and everyone involved out of a job

hearty agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

i really like ricky's promos but i've been mostly unimpressed with his work except vs danielson which doesn't count

clearly saving his body so he can work out his pattern matches as raw rolls on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

he doesnt even live in louisiana hes lived in texas and vegas for the past 20 years

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i love aew and think this thread is fine

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

3 womens singles titles? i mean, i feel like we kind of have a lot already, but sure i think its time to add the Women's International Championship to the docket

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

anyone who really wants to see aew hell just look at any of the discussion threads of late 2019. hoo boy.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

:whitewater:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

sammy ricky etc might be some pillars but riho is the foundation

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Darby/Ospreay is going to reinvigorate my love of wrestling when it happens.

god that needs to be his first program

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TelevisedInsanity posted:

Remember when WCW had surge all over the place. Now what if it was an even worse beverage

im sad vault didnt catch on

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

You know what would be really bad rear end? If Hangman waited until Swerve was in the ring and then came out to the stage to announce his opponent and said "It's me!" and ran into the ring to beat Swerve's rear end for menacing his infant in his home.

that would actually be a cool twist

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we didnt get sting so this company is loving dead to me.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

didnt watch dynamite yet. the card looked atrocious tbh

Most of the matches were good brawls and fletcher/jericho overdelivered

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

we gotta sort out these dynamite crowds, there was approx 16 people facing the hardcam side this week

looked fine to me.

the venue only holds like 6k without a tron

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Feb 2, 2024

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

an aew hell factoid nobody here wants to know about eddie kingston and baron corbin from wwe became friends in the last two years mostly over bbq recipes and football

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJF booking his own stories and creating the suckiest-rear end NXT level main event scene is what killed him and almost the promotion

I agree

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

a strenuous hire for sure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Max caster is never gonna rap again

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

C. Everett Koop posted:

Okada in a six month feud with Jarrett and friends.

man that'd rule

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

Lol Okada isn't worth anywhere close to what he's being paid, but good on him for getting that bag I guess.

Wrestlers are incredibly underpaid for what they put their bodies through and should be paid more. Okada's payrate if accurate should be baseline for main event players.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

mone should join the elite

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

survivor is probably to blame for the number, did a .79 demo and 4.6 million viewers, down from last season around this time but survivor and aew have always shared a strangely large overlap

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i'd be lying if i said that news wasnt incredibly frustrating

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i turn on the tv every wednesday and have a great time for two hours, and three or four times a year i go in a big cavernous building and do it with a bunch of other wrestling fans

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

I’ll never enjoy wrestling again the way I did watching 2014 PWG shows live at the american legion

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Good to know you’ve also been in the same room as Oatgan at some point

a few times

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Shard posted:

thinking back on it, did we even bother talking about ratings for Lucha Underground? I remember posting about it in the gdt and just loving it for the first two seasons but I never remember ratings coming up.

i think it didnt have a regular timeslot which didnt help and the network it was on was so small it wasnt tracked initially

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

MJeff posted:

Oh my god that tag tournament fuckin' sucks.

i think its neat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i feel like we're going to have the craziest year for ppv quality in wrestling ever.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

It certainly seems to me that swerves winning the title and they're holding it for All In, unless Joe's gonna drop it at Dynasty and swerve is getting a brief 4 month run and handing it off to Ospreay. the other stuff is all your personal taste so im not gonna criticise it or say you're wrong, you're into what you're into. the past 5 years of aew though have given me enough trust that they're aware of how popular swerve is and they're gonna go with him. i dont think they'd be protecting him so much and featuring him as often as they have if he wasn't their plan.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i do think there is a fair criticism in aew that when storylines wrap up, everyone involved in the story winner and loser has a tendency to vanish for a month or longer, which is as much a symptom of burnout on ideas for specific wrestlers and just general roster bloat

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

thats mone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

josh nason's radio show that is hosted on f4wonline