Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here it is for everyone else, with the so-far unrevealed character cropped out

Chilchuck lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
samurai guy is the same he just studies the blade

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Chilchuck looks like Laios’s tiny twink boyfriend. :allears:

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Chilchuck is everyone's cold, pragmatic twink bf

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Judging by the orange and blue, seems like the hidden character is Goku. Who would 100% love to be in this party with all the food.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Sadly, "casual" clothing just emphasizes how tiny Chilchuck is. There's a reason most of the half-foots we see wear neckbands and capes that broaden their profile a bit!

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
Chilchuck is a grown rear end man. You respect short kings!

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Being a halfling in a tallman's world looks like it would be stressful.

N-not that I'd know!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m very tall and my boyfriend is nearly a foot shorter than me, so it’s a reality for a fair few of us.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 22 days!)

Rand Brittain posted:

Frieren and Dungeon Meshi are both good, but as an adaptation, I think I'd have to give the award to Frieren. The Frieren anime takes a manga that was really good, and carefully presents it so as to add all the things that the manga was missing (presumably because the original artist could not draw them and just went with a take that didn't include them), turning something that was really good but had some flat edges into a complete and colorful experience.

Dungeon Meshi is just a really great adaptation of really great material; Frieren is quite possibly the best adaptation, as an adaptation, that has ever been made.

Thank you for the rundown but at the end of the day I enjoy meshi far more than frieren. But the. Again I haven't finished gandalf but anime yet.

But still nice to see frieren be the anime that is hyped and doesn't disappoint unlike demon slayer and many other fotm.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

is that who she is? I've never seen horny gandalf memes

okay once but

sharkmafia
Aug 20, 2018

gandalf is much more of a go-getter than frieren is. frieren is (gandalf's backstory; 70-year-old lord of the rings spoilers, lmao) not an embodied angel sent on a mission from the gods so she basically just does whatever she feels like doing

and 'frieren does whatever she feels like doing' would be a fair summary of the story so far, i'd say

sharkmafia fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Mar 24, 2024

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

I stand corrected. Frieren is Tom Bombadil the anime.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

my favorite part of this image, is the part where marcille is gay

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

my favorite part of this image, is the part where marcille is gay

same

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

I like the part where the elderly is being mistreated.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

do they ever go into lifespans in Meshiverse

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
i generally enjoyed frieren but the magic tournament/trials/whatever arc really took me out of it. like yeah cool action scenes, some cool new characters, but yet another :techno: exposition fest about which magic is best was like, the exact opposite reason of why i started watching the chill anime with the goofy elf that's sad sometimes. "But what if Zoltraak could be refined to pierce the defense magic of--" SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT THE gently caress UP. I DON'T CARE.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Senshi wearing shoes in the loving house like a barbarian!!

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

DrSunshine posted:

Dwarves just wear shoes in doors, they work in the mines and under mountains so they are always indoors

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

DrSunshine posted:

*ignores marcille*

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
The cut-off jeans skirt is a choice.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a good choice >:I

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

Alan Smithee posted:

*ignores marcille*

I thought she was wearing little ankle socks!!

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

Alan Smithee posted:

do they ever go into lifespans in Meshiverse

Yeah. Be patient and accept the setting drip-feed as it comes. (or read the manga.)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
They already went into lifespans. Everyone's reactions to Chilchuck being 28 tells you something about how old they all are. Marcille is an elf so long life, Senshi thought he looks younger than he is, and Laios realizes he's the kid of the group and Chuck is closer to middle age

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Arc Hammer posted:

They already went into lifespans. Everyone's reactions to Chilchuck being 28 tells you something about how old they all are. Marcille is an elf so long life, Senshi thought he looks younger than he is, and Laios realizes he's the kid of the group and Chuck is closer to middle age

29. But yeah.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Technically, Laois would be the twink of the two.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Nah he's strictly himbo

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Laois is just happy his best friend Marcille is also best friends with his sister. Isn’t that fun?

Jyrraeth
Aug 1, 2008

I love this dino
SOOOO MUCH

I really appreciate the scene where Marielle was hype to share a sleeping bag with Fallin where Fallin was worried about being too big to fit in there. Made me feel a little more kinship with her being the tallgirl in the group.

It was very lovely seeing how well this series treats its girls.

(Also woooooooow I didn't realize how overt the Farcielle is. I'm for it but it is not an exaggeration.)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Gully Foyle posted:

Judging by the orange and blue, seems like the hidden character is Goku. Who would 100% love to be in this party with all the food.

I have no doubts Goku and Senshi would be instant best friends, one loves to eat and rejects no food, and the other loves to cook.

In fact Senshi would do pretty well in Dragon Ball, lots of characters would enjoy his expertise and they can hunt anything easily.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Marsupial Ape posted:

Laois is just happy his best friend Marcille is also best friends with his sister. Isn’t that fun?

It's always nice seeing two people in best friends with each other.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

duz posted:

It's always nice seeing two people in best friends with each other.

Love to blush and cuddle with my friends

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

Marcille and Falin were just bros doing bro poo poo

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Arc Hammer posted:

Nah he's strictly himbo

Apparently tallfellows get the short end of both sticks, because elves and elf-dominated cultures consider them overly crude and bulky, whereas dwarves and dwarf-dominated cultures find them waifish and effeminate.

Thus Laios can be both twink, hunk, and otter all at once.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Jyrraeth posted:

(Also woooooooow I didn't realize how overt the Farcielle is. I'm for it but it is not an exaggeration.)

Also was I reading too far into it or was the scene where Falin returns to the room after chatting with her Bro and finds Senshi and Chilchuck have set up there too supposed to imply her and Marcielle were getting cock blocked by them.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

I think it was just supposed to be that they were listening in on the conversation, because I'm pretty sure their beds aren't in that room

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Rand Brittain posted:

Apparently tallfellows get the short end of both sticks, because elves and elf-dominated cultures consider them overly crude and bulky, whereas dwarves and dwarf-dominated cultures find them waifish and effeminate.

Thus Laios can be both twink, hunk, and otter all at once.

Ah, the elusive twonker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
My god, these bitches gay! Good for them.