Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Terrifying Effigies posted:

lmao just realized Ryoko Kui snuck in a John Carpenter's The Thing reference there.

Of course Senshi wants to eat a The Thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Plant MONSTER. posted:

"I'm so hungry, I could eat a ghost!"

(Dungeon Meshi is my favorite Manga and I've been so thrilled with how the anime adapts specific scenes)

So marcille maps onto zelda well enough, but who's chilchuck

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arc Hammer posted:

Only because he's the last one left and like Chilchuck he has no chill.

I also tried to shoehorn him into Morshu mentally but it just doesn't fit because he's not like a chubby Forgotten Realms halfling, he's a small svelte little Half Foot and that just won't do for the ruby loving merchant

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Marsupial Ape posted:

That was going to be my next comment. There’s paleontological evidence that Homo Erectus was such a turbo-predator that they were giving themselves vitamin A poisoning because they ate so much predator liver.

I think about these things like a normal person.

This seems like something Laios would know and think about

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Senshi sure is packing heat, huh

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder why Fallin doesn't get a pair of glasses. Wouldn't need to squint so much. Maybe they're really expensive, and only old rich gnomes can afford them.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does the whole picture have spoilers? Cause I want to see the entire Casual Crew.

Whole picture has a character who hasn't been featured yet in the anime except as a hint by the OP

Also Senshi has always been dashing

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

duz posted:

It's always nice seeing two people in best friends with each other.

Love to blush and cuddle with my friends

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DekeThornton posted:

Senshi, the most handsome character should obviously be played by a proper heartrob. I suggest Oscar Isaac.

I'd also accept Taika Waititi, who manages to be a heartthrob even in a fake beard and wig in Our Flag Means Death

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Alan Smithee posted:

does the trailer have ep 13 spoilers

Little bit, yeah

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hihohe posted:

Ill be honest, i dont know what a cour is and i thought they meant to say course because they were making a food joke

A cour is just a season specifically partitioned for a 3 month block

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Last Celebration posted:

Looking at credits is a mistake, Mad Mage is a way more intimidating antagonist name than freaking Thistle. Can’t help but wonder if the moniker is a reference to the Wizardry games, I’ve never played them but still know about the first one being about defeating the Mad Wizard Andrew.

It is 100% a reference to wizardry, wizardry is huge in Japan. They even made an OVA for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NV6PcZ5e4o

It's astonishing how many game details it is faithful to

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Zeruel posted:

also fun fact the "correct" official name for him is supposed to be sissel but sometimes the official names are worse

Maybe she likes Ghost Trick

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Am I using the wrong subtitles or something because I only know the new guy (?) as the lunatic magician on the Netflix subtitles, I've never seen or heard mad mage or thistle

Mad Mage is referenced earlier on, Thistle is in the credits

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

https://dragon-quest.org/wiki/Orc

After Akira Toriyama's passing, I saw someone on Twitter say that since he made his orcs in dragon quest pig-like, more often than not most orcs in Japanese fiction are pig-like rather than "large muscular goblin" because that's how influential Toriyama and DQ were. Not sure how accurate that is but seems plausible and cool

Earlier editions of DnD had pig-faced orcs, including the first edition ever translated into Japanese. Get a load of them:

Apparently a lot of effort was put into localizing that edition in a way no subsequent edition had been in the following years. That may have also influenced Toriyama though but both may have influenced Ryoko Kui independently

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Hihohe posted:

Ryoko drawing the orc girl in modern clothes

Between her and Falin I think Kui likes them a little thicc

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Childhood friends, he says

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Just to be clear, was Kabrus intent to permakill those guys? It's not 100% clear to me what his intentions were there

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

So his party basically just murdered a pack of extortionists. I guess that's classic DnD murderhobo justice for you

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Considering that that group was responsible for extortion, theft, and assault at worst, I'd say extrajudicial murder and soul entrapment is disproportionate retribution

They killed someone who surrendered and was at their mercy. That sort of thing is called a war crime

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Arist posted:

Approaching this like a lawyer is dumb for many reasons, chief among them that they also tried to make Kabru's party murder each other

But they weren't trying to permamurder them, just resurrect and rob them

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I don't think anyone in the Laios party has ever taken a human life

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Setting aside the context of Laios cupping Senshi's pecs, "embarrassment is improvement's biggest enemy" is a really solid sentiment

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Really thinking about it, it is a little messed up to use someone as a pickling weight even if they are petrified

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Sindai posted:

That's a cactuar

He is rather prickly, isn't he

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

SirSamVimes posted:

Why would Laios eat a human? His obsession is specifically with eating monsters.

What do you think pokemon is short for?

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Tolkien estate is notably litigious about the term

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

YggiDee posted:

you mean the caster who illusioned everyone in an attempt to make them all kill each other?

Who was a defenseless prisoner, yes. Summary execution is practically an exemplar of killing in cold blood. Also, a war crime in our world.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Synthbuttrange posted:

Marceille's latest video upload: 'Regarding the black magic allegations (an apology)'

Marcille didn't seem to think she did anything wrong, and hell, I agree

If it wasn't for Thistle hijacking Falin's mind and making a mess of things by mutating her, no harm would have come of what she did

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I like how most of the gnomes look kind of sleepy

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kiki has some really long boots

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Sadly, that's part of a completely different memory, in which Laios crashes Shuro and Falin's date.

Falin of course was not aware it was a date

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

ninjewtsu posted:

very good episode

kinda reading shuro as mostly letting out a lot of pent up emotions this episode, making him a lot more extreme. i don't think he was ever really going to drag marcille to the elves and all that, he just needed to process the whole situation and said some nasty stuff off the cuff

sad that laois tried to bond with kabru over their mutual interest in stabbing things but the moment he started talking about monsters kabru just zoned into something else. it really seems like information that would've been really helpful to him specifically!

Monsters don't do drama, that's a people thing. Of course he lost interest

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I have been waiting for this episode because it acknowledges an important truth

Senshi is handsome

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kabru would have the problem of creating a set of virtually identical clones.

Edit: haha I should have refreshed before replying

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Kwyndig posted:

Not necessarily, half foots are reclusive it seems like so it's not surprising that Marcille doesn't know much about them.

Yeah, humans seem like they're pretty low ranked on the lifespan curve compared to dwarves, elves, and gnomes, so it stands to reason an elf might assume most nonhuman humanoids live multiple centuries in the absence of other information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

haypliss posted:

Senshi, would you rather she get sick and die from eating onions?!

She didn't have to put it on his burger though. And on top of the bun, no less