Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

Frierens good and all but this does to frieren what MHA did to shounen -perfected it. Defiantly anime of the year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

Rand Brittain posted:

Frieren and Dungeon Meshi are both good, but as an adaptation, I think I'd have to give the award to Frieren. The Frieren anime takes a manga that was really good, and carefully presents it so as to add all the things that the manga was missing (presumably because the original artist could not draw them and just went with a take that didn't include them), turning something that was really good but had some flat edges into a complete and colorful experience.

Dungeon Meshi is just a really great adaptation of really great material; Frieren is quite possibly the best adaptation, as an adaptation, that has ever been made.

Thank you for the rundown but at the end of the day I enjoy meshi far more than frieren. But the. Again I haven't finished gandalf but anime yet.

But still nice to see frieren be the anime that is hyped and doesn't disappoint unlike demon slayer and many other fotm.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

I stand corrected. Frieren is Tom Bombadil the anime.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

I like the part where the elderly is being mistreated.

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

SexyBlindfold posted:

i generally enjoyed frieren but the magic tournament/trials/whatever arc really took me out of it. like yeah cool action scenes, some cool new characters, but yet another :techno: exposition fest about which magic is best was like, the exact opposite reason of why i started watching the chill anime with the goofy elf that's sad sometimes. "But what if Zoltraak could be refined to pierce the defense magic of--" SHUT UP. SHUT UP. SHUT THE gently caress UP. I DON'T CARE.

Gotta get demon slayer enjoyer money I guess