Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Gutcruncher posted:

Anime keeps winning :smugbert:

I like that while the One Piece anime is still running they are simultaneously making a One Piece Anime (Shorter) because its too goddamn long but also wont stop making an episode a week or whatever they're up to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

mossyfisk posted:

With the tendency to lighting in modern TV, I suspect this would end badly.

Touché

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004
I'm auditioning to be the "want some rye? course ya do" guy

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I'd like to do a POI rewatch some time, but 103 episodes is a big ask concentration-wise these days. 20+ episode seasons can get to gently caress.

Yah it would be good to have a list of the top episodes because I’d like to give it a rewatch too. I came to it late, in the last season, but then went back and binged on the previous seasons and loved it.

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

mossyfisk posted:

"It could be worse."

"How could it be worse?"

*lamp goes out*

"Great. Just great. It's pitch black and we're likely to be eaten by a grue."

Roll credits.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

watched three colors: blue

I don't think I'm smart enough for french films :(

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Are you hirny enough for French films? That’s equally important

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

My favorite French film would probably be Ratatouille

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Endless Trash posted:

Anyone can cook/post/make films (except me to all 3)

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

Endless Trash posted:

thats brazilian

another casualty of the threads geography curse

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

kalel posted:

you've been tricked, it was written and directed by a pole!

red was the best of the trilogy

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Meat Wagon posted:

thats brazilian

another casualty of the threads geography curse

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

kalel posted:

thats only one

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Most nerds being mad about their games. Fallout the show is really good and the people I saw being all mad about how it retconned New Vegas are dumber than poo poo. I don't know how the show could hoist New Vegas up higher than it did.
Fallout the show is far better written than most other Fallouts, besides New Vegas which is the best Fallout game.

I'm a nerd who wasn't happy that they wrote out the power and influence of the NCR. I mean sure, I guess it's around and will probably come into play more next season. Still though, I got flashbacks to the force awakens destroying the new republic just so they could contrive a reason to have the rebels fight the empire again.

jazzyjay
Sep 11, 2003

PULL OVER
Watch the others. Blue is the sad one, White is the horny funny one and Red is the one where everything clicks and you're like fuuuuuuuuck. I still vividly remember that moment when I saw them as a cinema matinee screening some (puts on glasses to check notes) thirty years ago???????

jazzyjay fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 2, 2024

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Lister posted:

I'm a nerd who wasn't happy that they wrote out the power and influence of the NCR. I mean sure, I guess it's around and will probably come into play more next season. Still though, I got flashbacks to the force awakens destroying the new republic just so they could contrive a reason to have the rebels fight the empire again.

I was mad about it too at first.

A lot of it had to do with timing. I think what happened with a lot of people is you get all way to episode 3 or 4 or whatever, until you finally get the first reference to a location from the games, and all it is is a sign that says Shady Sands (capital of the NCR) in front of a giant crater. The characters are like 'huh, that's weird' and then just move on with the story. At that point it really felt like Todd Howard just erased all the non-Bethesda stuff from Fallout because that is absolutely a Todd Howard thing to do. I think a lot of people got that far, then made angry posts about it on the internet. Turns out later in the show it's expounded on, and the NCR and eventually New Vegas do fit into the story, but for awhile in the middle there that did not appear like it was going to be the case.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Lister posted:

I get that but the skyline was identical to the game. They could have just ignored it completely but no instead we got Mr. House himself, the new Vegas skyline and even securitrons in the ending animation thing not to mention the NCR flag plus the New Vegas title song sting. Plus the Ranger helmets. They cemented New Vegas, the good 3D Fallout, the one that isn't Bethesda's doing, in cannon.

Plus 'cannon' is a dumb as gently caress concept because I had four balls on the edge of the cliff in my New Vegas playthrough, and I'm p. sure that isn't cannon.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Oh yeah, new vegas didn't look like it wasn't canon to me. It just seems like most of the ncr related plot from it was thrown out even if it "happened" in the story. To me, the NCR's decline could be been a part of the plot and instead the show kinda skipped ahead.

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
Theres not enough goddamn Knuckles in Knuckles

I DONT CARE ABOUT WADES FAMILY

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

SeenYourPoopypants posted:

Theres not enough goddamn Knuckles in Knuckles

I DONT CARE ABOUT WADES FAMILY

This one of those Surf Dracula situations?

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024
And WHY did they censor Knuckles rear end crack in episode 6?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

You can't show rear end in Fallout and you can't show rear end in Sonic. Where can you show rear end on TV these days.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Paramount gave them a nudity limit for the whole season and they are saving up for the finale when Sonic shows up

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

FranklyMaDear posted:

It will probably be worse than the scuttlebutt rap than LMM wrote for the live-action little mermaid remake.

Kind of upset that I initially misread this as LLM and didn't even flinch.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

KakerMix posted:

I get that but the skyline was identical to the game. They could have just ignored it completely but no instead we got Mr. House himself, the new Vegas skyline and even securitrons in the ending animation thing not to mention the NCR flag plus the New Vegas title song sting. Plus the Ranger helmets. They cemented New Vegas, the good 3D Fallout, the one that isn't Bethesda's doing, in cannon.

Plus 'cannon' is a dumb as gently caress concept because I had four balls on the edge of the cliff in my New Vegas playthrough, and I'm p. sure that isn't cannon.

If the balls are on the edge of a cliff they are definitely not in a cannon.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

You can't show rear end in Fallout and you can't show rear end in Sonic. Where can you show rear end on TV these days.

The electoral debate

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Sorry, I'm sorey

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

mossyfisk posted:

hehe

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

New Jon Bois dropped

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Gripweed posted:

New Jon Bois dropped

the guy from the waltons?

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
don't care, where's jenny

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
It's time for Xjakk to shoot his shot: Come get your schadenfreude, the Dwayne Johnson hit piece is here

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Whomst among us haven’t shown up 7-8 hours late for work and handed bottles of piss to underlings

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
just think how late hed be without the piss jugs. once he figures out the rear end hose attachment he can cut those numbers down to just 6-7 hours late. he was last seen sneaking onto the set of dunc 2 trying on the stilsuit costumes making GBS threads and pissing in all of them because "at least one of these things has to fuckin work" in the hopes of getting it down to sub 5. the rock is a very busy man saving time wherever he can!

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i was on the right side of history

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Gripweed posted:

New Jon Bois dropped

tax reform

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqqaW1LrMTY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Very cool, thank you for sharing