Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Sub-Actuality)

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Happy new year imps, and welcome to Imp Zone Game Club - Season 3!

This will be the third year (of this iteration) of Game Club, proving once again that imps have remarkable attention spans.

IZGC Season 2 Thread

IZGC Season 1 Thread

IZGC Rules:
  • Your first post in this thread will be your Trophy Case - when you earn a trophy, grab it from the IZGC website and you can add it to your first post.

• Avoid dishonor: Start IZGC games from the beginning! Finish before the deadline! Don't start playing early! Play the ENTIRE game during the allotted time - no loading old saves! Post a screenshot if possible when you claim a trophy! For more details please refer to the skeleton.

• Games and trophies are chosen by active IZGC members, who are picked randomly from a determination list each round. When the list is exhausted, it starts again and new members are added.

• Generally speaking it's encouraged to pick games that are relatively easy to emulate for as many imps as possible, and that don't take an extremely long time to finish.

• Here's the list of games previously chosen in Season 1, and in Season 2.

• The club typically has one long game (usually one month) and one short game (1-2 weeks) running simultaneously, and you can earn trophies from both!

• Platinum trophies are awarded for completing especially difficult challenges. They count the same as regular trophies on the leaderboards (except in the event of a tie) but they are shiny and worthy of boasting. Sometimes the platinum trophies are not actually that hard because of human fallibility.

• At the end of the year all imps honor the sacred traditions of Impmas. During the entire month of December, all previous Club games from the year will be reopened and all trophies are once again valid. So if you miss an original club deadline, hang on to your save game - you can load it back up again during Impmas and continue from where you left off.

The IZGC Website

The IZGC website is meant to make trophy copying+pasting easier. Each IZGC member also gets their own trophy case which is automatically* updated with every trophy earned, and there's a leaderboard to track everyone's progress, and some Cool Web Links. (Recommended browser: Netscape Navigator 3.0+)

*manually updated by me when I get a chance. it's not automatic at all lol

Game details and links will go in the posts below. Happy new year to all imps!

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jan 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

IZGC SEASON 3 GAMES

Game 3-1: Mega Man X2 (SNES)

Game 3-2: Devil Summoner 2 (PS2)

Game 3-3: Cave Story (PC/Various)

Game 3-4: Ore no Ryouri (PlayStation)

Game 3-5: The Final Fantasy Legend (Game Boy)

Game 3-6: Magic Pengel (PS2)

Game 3-7: Super Strike Eagle (SNES)

Game 3-8: McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure (Genesis)

Game 3-9: Ninja Five-O (GBA)

Game 3-10: Micro Maniacs Racing (PlayStation)

EVENT: Roguelike Hell Month

Game 3-11: Illusion of Gaia (SNES)

Game 3-12: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (GC/Xbox/PS2/PC)

Game 3-13: The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (GC/Xbox/PS2)

Game 3-14: Ultima VII: The Black Gate (PC-DOS)

Game 3-15: Sweet Home (Famicom)

Game 3-16: The Ur-Quan Masters (PC)

Game 3-17: Armored Core 3 (PS2)

Game 3-18: Final Fantasy X (PS2)

Game 3-19: Alpha Protocol (PC/360/PS3)

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 23:47 on May 10, 2024

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-1

Mega Man X2 (SNES) - 1995 - Deadline 1/7/24 11:59EST

"Sometimes peer pressure works!" -Dr. Light

Just because Sigma was defeated, doesn't mean the war is over! Six months after Mega Man X's defeat of Sigma, the rebuilt Maverick Hunters, now led by X, are finally containing the last scattered pockets of Maverick resistance. Suddenly, as if from nowhere, eight new Maverick Commanders emerge to lead a resurgence in Maverick activity across the earth. As if things couldn't get worse a new organization, the X-Hunters, determined to kill Mega Man X and avenge their master Sigma, appear and challenge X. And they have the juiciest bait to force Mega Man X to fight them, the body parts of X's dead friend and mentor Zero. Determined to prevent the desecration of his best friend, Mega Man X leaps into battle once more. But things aren't as they seem, and the ghosts of the past are never as easily forgotten as it might seem.

Mega Man X2 was developed by Capcom for the SNES and released in Japan on December 16, 1994, and in North America and PAL regions in 1995. Capcom included the Cx4 in-cartridge enhancement chip in the development of Mega Man X2 to allow for some 3D wireframe effects. The development team was instructed to utilize this technology as much as possible when working on the game.

YUKI IWAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tuZlKI-W6Y

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Beat the game
: Obtain all Heart Tanks and Sub Tanks
: Find all armor parts
: Find all of Zero's parts
: Shoryuken! (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 1/1/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Joey McChrist for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-2

Devil Summoner 2: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. King Abaddon (PlayStation 2) - 2009 - Deadline 1/31/24 11:59EST

Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha is back on the case in this action RPG sequel. While Kuzunoha may look like your average gumshoe, he's anything but. When Japan's capital is threatened, Kuzunoha and his demon-summoning powers are called into action. Crack a new case load in stylish 1920s Japan. You've got more than double the number of demons to negotiate with. Win them over to harness their abilities, then fuse them to increase their powers or control two at a time to create more tactical combat options. Combat is even better than ever, with new battle mechanics and a retooled Weapons Alchemy system that lets you create swords to deliver special attacks.

The game is the fourth in the Devil Summoner series, which is a part of the larger Megami Tensei franchise, and serves as the direct sequel to Devil Summoner: Raidou Kuzunoha vs. the Soulless Army. It was released in Japan in October 2008, and in North America in May 2009.

The best SMT song ever made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwPIILauQAY

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Defeat Binbou-gami
: Fly on Great Kohryu
: Beat the Game
: Defeat Mara
: Fuse a Fiend
: Defeat Lucifer (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 1/1/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to mbt for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

SEASON 3 TROPHY CASE

The Final Fantasy Legend (GB)
-----------------------
: Enter the tower for the first time

Ninja Five-O (GBA)
-----------------------
: Complete the first 3 stages

NetHack (PC)
-----------------------
: Reach Minetown

Sub-Actuality fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 5, 2024

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

by the way the winner of the Most Impmas Trophies 2023 plat is tha comeback kid himself, Dieting Hippo! congrats lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

badass

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

triphyyo post

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

i forgot game club was eastern time :sweatdrop:

lmao God Hand again

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Leadthumb posted:

I'm gonna wait until the thread title says X2 in case it's some sort of prank, we don't know what the 2024 gimmick is yet.

lol poo poo

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I got the tude now posted:

I don’t think it would have helped

God Hand This Man A Better Clock :D

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

checking out the 2023 results badges in early access

it's frightening how quickly you guys find this stuff sometimes lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

welcome posted:

How does everybody feel about Wednesday deadlines for the weekly games again. Asking for a friend.

yeah honestly Sunday nights are terrible for me too lol. I figured we could adjust it back to mid-week with the next game, or if imps want more time with MMX2 we can push that deadline forward

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Here's a link to all the 2023 final score cards, these should also be showing up on everyone's trophy cases now:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1SIN5Te80-GnrgSxVYboaLzYHkxUA_SoQ?usp=sharing

Grab them and add them to your sig, hang them on your fridge, face tattoos etc.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

Do you have any interesting stats this year? Most popular game, least popular game, total impmas trophies, stuff like that.

yeah I'll pull some totals together later tonight, we had so many more this year lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Some numbers from IZGC Season 2:

Total games: 67
Total trophies available: 342
Total trophies earned: 3,352
Total plats earned: 278

Most popular game by total trophy count: Imps earned 249 trophies total during DOOMtober, and 242 trophies for Tears of the Kingdom alone
Most popular game adjusted for the number of trophies available: Mega Man X, a total of 197 trophies with 4 available
Least popular game: Zelda Four Swords Adventures (3 trophies, all earned during Impmas lol)

Most-earned trophy: a tie between Finish the Game & Find all the Armor Upgrades, both from Mega Man X
Most-earned plat: Fully map the Depths from TotK, 20 imps earned this one

Total trophies earned during Impmas: 384 (11% of the grand total)
Total Impmas Freestyle trophies earned: 92
Game with the most Impmas trophies earned: 29 trophies for Mario 64 Randomizer
Non-Impmas game with the most impmas trophies earned: Tears of the Kingdom with 19

Cursed trophies that were never earned, and never will be... rip :'(
  • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Beat a co-op mission with another imp
  • Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Complete the entire co-op campaign with another imp
  • Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks - Find and beat Survival Mode
  • Suikoden II - Complete Clive's quest
  • Suikoden II - Collect all recipes
  • Hyrule Warriors - Collect all 100 Gold Skulltulas (PLATINUM)
  • Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland - Earn the Super Chef Hat (Give all 31 recipes to the Chef)
  • God Hand - Finish the game on Hard

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Being 7 and singing "I love cold meat, it tastes so neat, it is a treat" to this ftw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgY2Sf5vitQ

lmao

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Fungah! posted:

lmfao i just noticed the mario signature on this years cards

it's Mario Ambassador Charles Martinet's signature. Thank you Charles-san

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

roll time

The next short game pick goes to #40, Vadun. Congrats and let me know your game/trophy picks when you can!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Pragmatica posted:

chapter 1 of devil summoner 2 complete :3:

: Defeat Binbou-gami

welcome! bout time lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-3

Cave Story (PC/Various) - 2004 - Deadline 1/17/24 11:59EST

You wake up in a dark cave with no memory of who you are, where you came from or why you're in such a place. Uncovering Mimiga Village you discover that the once-carefree Mimigas are in danger at the hands of a maniacal scientist. The Mimigas’ only hope rest squarely on the shoulders of a quiet, amnesiac boy who can't remember his own name.

Cave Story is a 2004 Metroidvania platform-adventure game for Windows, developed over five years by Japanese independent developer Daisuke "Pixel" Amaya in his free time. Most text in the original Cave Story is Japanese, but a translation patch for the game was distributed by Aeon Genesis. Indie devs Nicalis worked with Amaya to port the game to WiiWare and DSiWare in 2010, and to many other platforms in the years since.

Pixel did the original soundtrack too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vtxp70tVHyM

Link to the game manual:

Trophies:

: Defeat Balfrog
: Beat the game on a Hell Run*

*(fight through the Blood Stained Sanctuary / Sacred Grounds and get the best ending)

:siren:Game starts 1/8/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Vadun for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Jenny Agutter posted:

: Find all armor parts
: Find all of Zero's parts

gently caress this game

lol good work

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

what are some good pc games that work well with a keyboard

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Tonesy posted:

I am hyped. Been meaning to play cave story for forever

try playing it for a week first and see how you feel

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

poo poo only one day left for MMX2, this week got away from me

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

TIME OVER for Mega Man X2, and the clock starts now for Cave Story. Good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Gum

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

herculon posted:

Starting on Monday threw me off. Thought I had one more day

yeah we're back to Wednesday night deadlines starting next week

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

haha ok lil man *pats u on the head* you just got here yesterday settle down

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lol

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Aston posted:

oh uh my bad i remembered i did take a screenshot after all

lol hmmm

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Arch Nemesis posted:

guess you get locked in if you duck into the hell run room. only way out is through now

lol gl

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

kero blaster rules

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

rolling for the next short game pick (to start Thursday)

Next short game goes to #29, Spoderman! Congrats and let me know your game/trophy picks whenever you get a chance!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

French Accent posted:

roll list seems to be broken.

yeah something must have broken at some point, I think it's working now

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Game 3-04

Ore no Ryouri (PlayStation) - 1999 - Deadline 1/24/24 11:59EST

from Spoderman: It’s in Japanese but it really doesn’t require knowing any Japanese to play. It’s pretty straightforward. You need an analog controller to play.

Ore no Ryouri ("My Cooking") was developed by Agenda and released by Sony for the original PlayStation. Players must successfully manage different types of restaurants, utilizing the DualShock's analog sticks to perform various tasks.

(lol)

The game inspired two fan-made remakes (Ore No Ryomi 1 & 2), and the commercial sequel Ore No Ryomi 3, which was re-titled and sold as Cook, Serve, Delicious! in 2012.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lr1-HwFvj4

Link to the game manual (JP):

Trophies:

: Beat the Fast Food stage (Stage 2)
: Beat the game on Easy or Normal
: Beat the game on Gourmet (PLATINUM)
: Play VS Mode against another imp
: Get the Imp Zone high score for the balloon mini game in the extra mode (PLATINUM)

:siren:Game starts 1/18/24 12AM EST:siren:

Thanks to Spoderman for the game and trophy picks, and good luck imps!

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

yeah it's through tomorrow night. ganbatte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

gently caress. sorry lol