Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I see now that my making a joke about hunters dick recently was not actually my making a joke, it was discussing the present political goings on in the US, can you fellows pump the brakes a bit, at least give satire a chance to catch up to reality, we'd appreciate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Neito posted:

The good news, if there is any, is that from what I've heard we're already seeing that AIs trained on the output of other AIs start going insane and producing "Junk", so it may actually be a weirdly self-limiting phenomenon:

https://news.yahoo.com/ais-trained-other-ai-output-164102676.html

I'm not going to say much about this for obvious reasons, but I know of more tthan one artist "salting" and "poisoning" their work as far as ai is concerned, we were discussing it a few weeks ago.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Self checkouts own, I won't hear ill spoken about them

Uh, No, places that have self checkout and cut down drastically on employing staff, are on the other side of the class war. are you sure you want to align with them?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bottom Liner posted:

I bet you only shop at farmers markets and never use chain grocers or online shopping

my crack dealer is a free range artisanal small business, with a sideline in glasswares for the house and home.

E: having the choice of self or serf checkout is ok, I am down with that, the 2 supers near me, one is a kinda small (but a large premises with a lot of goods) middle eastern place, all served checkouts, the other is a Waitrose, and as thats "owned" by the staff, you have the choice of self or served checkout, & pretty much all the staff are kind and friendl at both places.

staberind fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jan 11, 2024

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Absolutely.

Technological improvement, accessibility, and ease of use is a good thing actually and basically impossible to stop once it starts. The real problem is the fundamental idea that everyone -has- to work for basic survival when we've been in a position as a society this hasn't been true in a long time. But that might offend how some people think the world should work rather than how it can be better for everyone.

UBI has been on the lips of society for a long time, I remember all sorts of people discussing it in the late 90's as a real;istic alternative.
I think its overall a good idea, that and making sure that ceo's and suchlike cannot ake more than a certain percentage above the lowest paid in a company, thats the kind of capitalism I can get behind.

lifetime supply of Pocky posted:

self checkouts are great because they help me get incredible discounts on my produce

you mean discounts on electronics By scanning them as Produce?

staberind fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Jan 11, 2024

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
At least Trump has the measure of Musk, I dislike them intensely, but in a momment of clarity trump nailed him to the fricking wall.
Game know game indeed.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
3O parachute account spotted.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Don't make me probe you for a slanderous accusation like that

ooofff. ahahaahahah. struck a nerve.
But yeah, weird derail, lets talk about hotdogs, reformed lips and rear end, the son of the sitting presidents, even.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

QuarkJets posted:

Self checkouts are fine when they're being added as a convenient option for shoppers, they're like a self-regulating kind of express lane (probably why express lanes seem to have gone extinct in most stores). They're not fine when stores are just trying to cut staffing to the bone. Our local Target has around 8 self-checkout lanes, but that's in addition to around 10 human cashiers on a typical day - this is the way.

Yeah, I totally agree, they are convenient in addition, as I mentioned upthread, also, I agree its unrealistic to freak out (or be surprised), about this kind of thing too much as its a "natural" product of unfettered capitalism.
Its probably looking like I dislike Mini -3O but I think they are great, I like their banter.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nelson Mandingo posted:

No doubt. But technological unemployment is always going to happen. The less people you have to hire for nearly the same quality of work the less overhead you have. Even a gay space communist wants to maximize returns while lowering overhead. It's almost literally basic math, there is no way to stop it.

The actual problem is lack of strong social safety nets, lack of strong unions to make sure workers are getting fair wages and fair work/life balance. And a large percent of peoples mindsets towards the very nature of work.

Most probably already know this, However we get the word sabotage not from anything military, (although thats how people try to use it, like a form of terrorism), but from disenfranchised workers, chucking clogs into machinery.
Checking out a higher priced object as a lower priced one is a good way of remembering and paying tribute to those pioneers.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
whups

BrigadierSensible posted:

I'm going to plagiarize everyone's post and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I have absolute immunity. Many very respected people and experts are saying.

mllaneza posted:

I'm going to plagiarize everyone's post and there's nothing you can do to stop me. I have absolute immunity. Many very respected people and experts are saying.

I am going to write a strongly worded letter to the times about this contentless plagarismz.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
S grade new thread title.
I feel kinda bad for non fascist christians, or, you know, people of any religeon when the loud but crazy types get pushed to the front, then again, why are they complacently doing nothing and allowing them to get into that position without any pushback?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
My Santis just got the Loomies

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

if we follow that analogy then she's nancy? whats her knob gobling game at, can she succeed as the throat goat?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
but for the love of god dont try to use bear piss, that will activate the Loomer "Red Haze" attack.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
you know how futbol teams exchange players and so on, often for a lot of money, I wonder if the UK could Afford Miss Crockett, or AOC?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

vaginite posted:

I don’t think Alex Jones is a good example of a guy who can’t get sued for 100s of millions

1.4billion I beleive, wild, whether his victims get any of it is still to be seen.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
"God! Give me a Sign!"
22.3 inches of snow later
"God, Give me a Sign!"

VVVVVV ahaahahaha, poo poo, it was just a throwaway gag, not prophecy.

staberind fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 14, 2024

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its like "god is testing us"... *dies of pneumonia*
To practically anyone from the outside looking at this, they are either incredibly dense, or refuse to imagine a reality where the wishes of their diety don't align with theirs.
its great.

or, as 6 year olds are frequently heard saying "Shan't"

staberind fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jan 14, 2024

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
i wonder how much heavy metals and other poisons pvc can have in it before it becomes obvious.
"mah dick jus broke clean orf masie, never seen nuthin like it, anyhow, I got this rash...."

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
"they raded mi hoem"
"why?"
"they raded my hoem, they sick ppl SAD"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah you've just described a cult

whats even wackier is, yeah, its a cult, of personality, whatever, but what cements it as being a problem is they ascribe exactly the same thinking to everyone, and *Know* that people who rationally think "Oh, Biden, well, "least worst" I guess, heh", are actually "omegacucks who feed biden their firstborn" or something equally insane, and that pardons whatever they do. thats why they are so dangerously out of touch with reality, that's also not helped by the far right echochamber they are plugged into 24/7.
The biggest issue is, there is no "safe middle ground". its completely polarised.

staberind fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Jan 14, 2024

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Serious_Cyclone posted:

Sign #1: thick, meaty ropes

...of some stuff you can squeeze out of a tube.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its roughly as accurate as reading tea-leaves, but costs a bunch more, so they are no doubt, going to keep trying until they hit the "Just right" series of numbers to plug into the bullshit equasion.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Batterypowered7 posted:

In certain parts of England his name would be Chip Butty.

he was great in bladerunner

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
"Trump Descision Tree"

so basically a stick with "poo poo" on one end and "carry pizza and lie" on the other.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Whats more interesting is, if there are actually pizza's in those boxes, they are all for him, we know that, the goldfish that vote for him forget every time he has turned upp somewhere and said "everyone get something to eat" and just left.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
This is what always happens during news lulls, at least their bit is rediculously obvious.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Grammarchist posted:

The Inflation Reduction Act is expected to spend $428 billion more than anticipated on green energy projects and such. That would essentially push total renewable and nuclear energy investments north of a trillion dollars. That could help preserve some segment of civilization long term, or help Republicans pay for expanding Trump's tax cuts for the plutocrats in 2025 by abolishing it.

If you need a lol though, just imagine how furious Manchin must be.

https://thehill.com/policy/energy-e...n-act-cost-cbo/

if you want to know more, google "biden inflation act; rule 34"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nooner posted:

I thought Sharon was super chuddy too or whatever the limey chud is. Didn't she go in some big reverse racism rant after she got kicked off the view for being racist?

Are we talking about Sharon Osborn, wife of Ozzy? I'm not going to defend her but *gestures to largesse of wealth* having a bunch of money and managing Ozzy's career might have made her a bit crazier.
besides, they seem to split living in the US and UK, so maybe she got brainworms.
I'm still trying to think what we call chuds here.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
nah, "Chav" is more "lets otherise poor people in another way" chuds more "rear end in a top hat at whatever income"

ohhh, closer,
I'd say Ukip voters would hit it bang on, but its probably more Tory now, yeh.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

John Yossarian posted:

I don't the UK has an equivalent to chuds, but I guess you could call them Brexits. It doesn't really roll of the tongue, but it might work.

Gammons.
E: We'd have to sort out some Venn Diagrams.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jelly posted:

I first learned about chavs on this website.

What are their political inclinations?

It's more a social strata thing than a political thing; its like the dogwhistle "urban" but for poorer people, it's how "comfy middle class" people want to refer to the working classes without saying "working classes" or "unemployed"

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm kinda interested in this so called "intersection" between defunding the police, Vs any other emergency service & in who's mind it intersects.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

big nipples big life posted:

If a firetruck pulls up to a house fire, sprays down the family with the hose then hacks them up with their axes while the house burns then they can go in the same category as pigs. Until then they do not intersect imo

you forgot "...and then sprinkles some lighters on their bodies and kills their pets" but yeah.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Beautification, St Trump gets martyred.

Frank Frank posted:

That's only funny if he has to live there.

Janitors. his whole family become janitors.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Its basically simple; whatever dogshit brain says, they accept, some talking heads will try to re-interpret it into something less resembling the meanderings of dogshit plus electricity and bronzer so less rabid but still fanatical idiots can digest it.
turds within turds on the scatalogical roundabout.
a smelly bronze orobouros.
a sewer pretzel.

staberind fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Feb 11, 2024

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

Commodore_64 posted:

Just going to guess that if they can programmatically control 1 bajillion LED pucks, they can probably remotely diagnose failures. HTH chud spider man.

why even bother? its Vegas, they can pull any number and reason from their rear end.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqbPoS6QvLE&t=106s
Que'd for your pleasure.
one of my fave orbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Why tf would anyone drink bud light though; piss is free.

Hazo posted:

Lmao I completely forgot that aspect of a possible San Francisco win. The frantic Taylor-obsessed chuds would have to celebrate a win for a city that by all reputable accounts is just knee-deep in human feces

*Holds up an a4 sized map with tiny turd icons* "Gotcha!" *winces in agony in my flesh prison lusting for the sweet release of death, remembers to "smile"*

staberind fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Feb 11, 2024