Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

He's got a history with Superbia who also had a pilot so even if he's not the same mechanical species as the Deathdrivers I'll bet Bravern and the other super robots share roots.

Assuming, of course, that the girl Lewis met isn't actually Superbia. The bad guys might have some kind of Ultraman thing going on. Hell, maybe Bravern has a human form too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

Technically he was being tortured by an (presumably CIA) American agent, not the JSDGF.

In a joint operation, though, and it didn't exactly seem like the Japanese military was going out of its way to protect him.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
BRAEBURN

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Slyphic posted:

OK, so I kind of know the origin of beep-boop as computer sounds, because that's literally the sounds you'd get from the first generation of industrial computers, high tone and low tone to alert operators.

Is ga and pii the same, low tone and high tone? Pii I can see, but ga doesn't sound right for it. Maybe a drive motor for paper output?

It's a plausible onomatopoeia for dial-up Internet, at least, although I don't know whether it predates that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Definitely can believe we're still en route to Smith (plus Lulu) getting Superbia. Got an extremely rival-turned-ally design.