Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

A good friend of mine told me about this today since I'm stuck home with Covid and I'm on ep 5 now and HOLY poo poo I FEEL LIKE A TEENAGER IN THE 80S AGAIN WATCHING THIS loving AWESOME SUPER ROBOT SHOW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The added homoeroticism is a nice bonus as well.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I really want the toys and models that will come from this amazing series.

edit: oh hey

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/moderoid-m2-exceed-rhino-12338

Dang, tiny at 4 1/3" tall and pre-order for Q1 2025

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Feb 23, 2024

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Good Smile Japan announced a 20cm Bravern pre-orders in Japan now, coming Jan 2025. Good Smile US will probably have it up for pre-order soon.

https://mechasmile.com/bangbravern/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

He really does just fly crotch forward doesn't he?

So does a Valkyrie if you think about it.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

God drat I love this show

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

Wonder where he got the printer. Innate knowledge of the death drive towers as 3D printers?

I’m assuming so- Smith merged with the extra horny Death Drive so that would explain where he got all of that knowledge as well as why he was speaking about Isami in very sexual ways (and the fact that Smith wants to gently caress Isami probably helps as well)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Fargle posted:

Isami is not at all appreciative enough of his very large boyfriend.

:hmmyes:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Caphi posted:

Is, uh... Is someone supposed to go in the Brave Dragon?

If so, it's probably Lulu (unless she joins with Superbia because he's come to an understanding about humanity)

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I just realized that when I finally get back to Japan that there will be a shitload of Bravern BL dojonshi at Tora No Ana

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Rand Brittain posted:

I don't care whether he explains so long as they kiss.

:hai:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Are their 2 more episodes?

I really liked this one. I'm also fingers crossed that it hasn't just been all queerbaiting.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bondster posted:

I really loved this episode but was a bit offput by Lulu constantly calling Superbia "Uncle" during all their attempts to become partners because that whole sequence seemed very sex-coded to me. Loved the magical girl transformation though

I agree but at the same time younger people in Japan (and a lot of other Asian countries) often call middle aged men “Uncle”. I’ve often been called that while over there. So I don’t think it was a deliberate incest thing, although, yeah. Ugh.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

oh my god

I fukkin' love this show. First Witch of Mercury and now Bravern. Keep them queer robot series coming

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Annointed posted:

I BELIEVE IN BRAVERN GETTING A GOOD ENDING

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ BRAVERN TAKE MY ENERGY ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Cool. What's SRW?

Edit: Oh, duh :v:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Not outside of Japan though.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Captain Fargle posted:

Actually letting your gay couple embrace and be a couple. Maybe have any kind of acknowledgement at all of their relationship in your finale instead of just having things carry on like he didn't just declare his love the last time they were alone together?

I'm 100% in agreement. I'm really disappointed that Isami didn't run to smith and kiss him at the end. It's a drat good show but it really needed that at the ending.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I mean, at the end of Witch of Mercury the couple got married so it's not a stretch to ask for a kiss.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It's not a bait and switch though for sure. 11's confession of love was an amazing scene.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Endorph posted:

tbf witch from mercury also had some random exec screaming about how that was a mass delusion we all experienced

Yeah that was pretty predictable.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Booky posted:

https://twitter.com/foldermanj/status/1773389400631853204

ahhhh thats a really cool detail they did for smith post revival

also heres a very cute finale artwork :)
https://twitter.com/sangsilnoh/status/1773375294717493498

Jesus christ I want those chibi Bravern and Superbia figures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Saoshyant posted:

I... I need that pan :stonk:

I'd say the same but not at that price