Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

Craptacular! posted:

The biggest headache for the company is how well Executive #1 fits Triple H. Feels likely that the company settles so that it ends with Vince and we don't get into the weeds of naming who is who.

I think WWE/TKO are desperate to pin the whole thing entirely on Vince and a lot of fans in the IWC are desperate to absolve HHH of any wrongdoing because they like his booking and that's honestly most likely what's gonna happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Netflix has the opportunity to do the best thing for wrestling in decades

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I think Pause is the key word from Slim Jim because that pretty much immediately says ""We're gonna give it a month or two til this poo poo blows over and people are back to fawning over everything WWE does"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

And now that Vince is gone everyone's gonna conveniently forget that several people still in the company are implicated tomorrow.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It seems pretty obvious that HHH was Corporate #1 and actively knew everything that happened and helped in the coverup and he's going to get away with it scot free because the fans are so desperate to defend the guy who books better than Vince

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Cody may actually live up to his boyhood dream of being the booker just through attrition

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

NowonSA posted:

I was hoping for some major "gently caress you Vince" chants or something at the Rumble, and despite his retiring I still hope that happens.

In general the crowd making GBS threads all over one of WWE's biggest events would be absolutely called for and a delight to see. And I think a strong and prolonged negative crowd response has a unique potential to cause TKO to really clean house of anyone remotely connected to this awful thing.

That's 100% not happening and I guarantee you if he hadn't been fired today he would have walked out on stage to thunderous applause, bows, and "THANK YOU VINCE" chants.

The loving harshest reality of this whole situation is that the only thing Vince could possibly do to piss off the WWE crowd is being bad at booking.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I mean to be fair if we're talking cleaning house I don't think you can include loving Paul Heyman and Shawn Michaels on the list of squeaky clean individuals.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Definitely think HHH is gonna do the press conference now cause he thinks it's blown over but I doubt t anyone will ask hard questions and the ones that would probably aren't gonna be allowed access/or called on

There'll be one single "No Comment" and the world will collectively move on and the fans will continue sending him Fruit Baskets because they love Gunther's IC Title Run or whatever the gently caress

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I had no idea. My condolences. To make this thread when you did while going through that, it's impressive stuff. Thank you again for being such a big help and I hope you'll be okay, same with your friends.

On another note, in news worthy of a sardonic laugh, CM Punk, everybody.

Chick Magnet Punk definitely horrified by Vince's actions

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

cagliostr0 posted:

Thinking back to cm punk fondly recalling using a female trainee for free travel to shows and injuring her if she ever got too close to being able to get her own bookings.

Hearing that and seeing how much he loves hanging around the women that are all half his age gives me intense creep vibes at this point, to be honest.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

If I found out my boss was raping people literally in the office I would, in fact, find it very easy to quit that job.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

"I mean yeah my father in law is a rapist and sex trafficker but WHO CARES LOOK HOW MUCH MONEY WE MADE THIS WEEK! :D"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

SatoshiMiwa posted:

You 100% have to think there was probably something up through Moolah too

I mean they had no problem whatsoever using Moolah's name until Snickers had to step in and be like "Fuckin' STOP"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Vengarr posted:

From reading the complaint, it definitely didn’t seem like his first time grooming a victim.

Like the guy had a whole support structure helping him. The people at his apartment building, the "celebrity doctor", the entire corporate structure at WWE itself.

And also keep in mind this one case only accounts for like, 3 out of 16 million dollars worth of hush money payments. There's so much more out there that we don't know any details about and for all we know it could be somehow even worse than what we already know.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

some bust on that guy posted:

Dutch Mantell had a hour and a half podcast on it. Rene Dupree and Paul London talked about it on Rene's channel. Yeah, it's strange how much silence there has been

Konnan and Disco talked about it on Konnan's channel

I would not trust literally any of these people to have a good take on this sort of thing.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Eat This Glob posted:

i know this isn't the paul thread, but the guy is in the family and ostensibly the guy running creative now. would you mind providing a few bullet points of his most grievous sins beyond royally burying chyna?

Besides being on the board that investigated the gang rapes that happened literally down the hallway from his office that conveniently opted to not look into any of the evidence or even talk to the victim of said gang rapes?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

It would be absolutely wild watching WWE go through this power struggle where people keep getting thrown out for being sex pests and replaced with other wrestling figures who then in turn also get thrown out for also being sex pests just over and over and over again because it's sex pests all the way down.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

I genuinely wouldn't be shocked if Vince resented the fact that people actually liked Brodie and he didn't have to resort to grooming/bullying/etc to get people to do so

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

That wasn't Viktor, Konor was the one who had the rat gimmick, and that was when he was on original NXT as Connor O'Brian. They had segments where he looked for cheese and everything. It was hosed. And almost certainly a Vince thing considering the Christian Blue Dot/"RATTY" story.

Also wanting PAC to be Mighty Mouse

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Truly wild seeing these wrestling fossils who are like basically one rung down the "Being horrible to women" ladder from Vince suddenly being like "Oh yeah that guys a fuckin' creep"

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

So basically either

A) The Rock joins the Board and immediately inserts himself into the Wrestlemania Main Event but they don't tell anyone this is happening including HHH until after the Royal Rumble for no discernable reason or

B) HHH was aware before the Rumble and continued booking what he wanted to do anyway just to spite them????

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Strong words from the guy who would walk around backstage with his dick out and and his hand on said dick and would then make people shake his hand that was just touching said dick without their consent

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

The statement from Netflix where they basically just said "Eh, Vince is gone so it's fine" is all it'll ever amount to.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Pretty sure the making GBS threads incident was a three-way involving an unnamed personal trainer (I think some people had thought it was Laurenitus but that was a DIFFERENT gang rape incident)

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

CellBlock posted:

Oh, and when they built up for several weeks that there would be cameras in the cheerleaders' locker room.

Which, if I remember right, was paid off with a classic Vince swerve where they finally get the cameras in there and it was Rodney Dangerfield in nothing but a bath towel

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Wasn't the very first XFL game basically like that Simpsons episode where they watch Soccer for the first time and it's just the two teams passing the ball back and forth the whole game never scoring?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

Wasn't the whole reason the lawsuit happened because Vince stopped paying the hush money? So how can he argue that she violated the NDA by not doing arbitration that he'd already violated by not paying?

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

There were also allegations about Darby Allin that were supposedly looked into and concluded there was nothing to act on, and Jay Lethal had allegations back in ROH apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

No wonder HHH was so pissed off about having to fire him