Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I am genuinely unsure if Triple H’s press conference showing was due to arrogance or if he was intentionally given bad talking points and sent out to hang himself.

He's worked his way to the top of a company where the culture is the show must go on no matter what horrific things just happened, it's pretty ingrained in him at this point and consequences are just a foreign concept.

As for why he chose the "I haven't read it" lie specifically, he knows it implicates him but doesn't know how the media coverage will play out or if the case will go to discovery. He's afraid to condemn anything or claim that it's his first time hearing of any of the allegations because it might come back to bite him later if the truth comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

sleep with the vicious posted:

0 discussion of Grant on today's WOR - in the wrestling news world this story is over, which is gross to me, a normal person

lawyers aren't the messy gossipers that wrestlers are, and the legal system moves slowly in the us. the lawsuit is going to develop over the course of months/years instead of a timeframe that's ideal for a daily podcast

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

ChrisBTY posted:

Is Dave ever much else than a gossip columnist?

he's been doing it for a long time and has a lot of historical knowledge with data/numbers to back stuff up. most major promoters since the 80's were sources of his as some point. probably the most interesting parts of his show are when he's able to take something happening now and put it into historical context by comparing/contrasting it with similar incidents in the past (when people complain about certain modern wrestlers looking fake/choreographed, he likes to talk about how the non-mexican fans he knew growing up hated lucha because it was so fake, and the mexican fans he knew hated the us style because it was so fake).

It's really a unique thing he offers because whatever biases he might have, he's the only guy from that era who attempts to tell the truth instead of just saying whatever is going to get them engagement for their podcast. Cornette has a reputation as being knowledgeable about that era but you can't learn history from someone who can't accept that the world has changed since then.

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Feb 9, 2024

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Ivypls posted:

jerry mcdipshit

dave meltzer made the observation recently that he's used to getting background checks sent to him of every woman who makes public accusations against vince but he didn't get one for Ms. Grant since jerry is retired now

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I listened to a few episodes of JR's podcast and one line that stood out to me was when he was talking about all the humiliating stuff that Vince made him do on tv for his own amusement, being forced to kiss his bosses bare rear end, etc. and the only criticism he was willing to give was that he didn't understand how any of that stuff was supposed to make money or sell tickets.

Dude is a born bootlicker who will never say a harsh word at someone whose given him a paycheck, but at least he's consistent in his view that abuse is something that should be internalized and never dealt with or examined in any way.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Eat This Glob posted:

how does vince's trainer have all the facts? and having all the facts, he's proud to be associated with the guy? sounds like a real sicko to me

Crazy to think that a man who fills an 80 year old man up with steroids for a living might be of poor moral character.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
ignore this

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

my bad. ty for the clarifications