Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Malikov posted:

I predicted years ago on the F4W board that Dwayne would end up president with Heyman running creative (I figured that he was hanging around waiting for Vince to die). Things might be falling into place.

I mean, if Brock is implicated I'm sure Heyman is somewhat in the know about everything too. If Endeavor wants everyone involved out the place is going to be a ghost town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Majinfoose posted:

So no one else is going to face ramifications? To sponsors and WWE fans it's just "one bad egg"?

gently caress this company.

Ding Dong The Dingle’s Dead! Vince is gone. Any guilt you felt about supporting or enjoying the product has gone with him.

Any new potential sordid chapter in his lurid story? Not WWE or our problem, it’s all his.

So as you sit down to watch the Rumble tonight, do it in clear conscience and have a great time. The cloud has lifted.

To quote the end of Nash’s song, now that Vince is gone I feel like…

“It's gonna be a bright (bright), Bright (bright) sunshiny day!”

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

They never asked hard questions to WWE at press conferences before and this has only made the Hausman's of the world just double down on their cowardice

"Hunter, how are you holding up through this stressful week?"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

DeathChicken posted:

Back then you could just buy it straight from GNC, which they did

What was it for aside from raping girls?

flip-a-ronni, Tony!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Dango Bango posted:

GHB simulates growth hormone production. So it was also used as a PED.

I'm clearly out of my depth here. So it's a PED but also just knocks you out for hours?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Eat This Glob posted:

ghb, depending on dosage, can act a bit like booze in that it makes you feel good but can absolutely knock you out if you take too much. unlike booze, it causes your body to release more growth hormone.

people who take it on purpose do so to get bigger muscles or have a good time. people who give it to people who don't know they're taking it may be doing so with the intention of knocking them out for very bad reasons

Huh. I had no idea.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

yea ok posted:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/97721626
Free Story: More Details Behind Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis

Fightful has spoken with multiple mainstream outlets that are looking to navigate the wrestling landscape and collect info, and we've provided some of that to them upon request.

SRS answering Super Chats from the NYT on how to navigate the wrestling landscape.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Shrimpy posted:

"Everyone is awful, so you'll have to circle back to those crimes that after doing Vince"

"Also, NYT, let me explain to you the difference between a worked plane ticket and a shoot plane ticket. It's more complicated than you might think!"

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

https://twitter.com/POSTwrestling/status/1755321908403257353

Should be a good look into the first major sex abuse scandal in WWE, how it was covered and relates to today.

wtf happened with Scott D'Amore? Can't I leave the internet for a few hours without something new happening?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

ChrisBTY posted:

That's a loving trifecta of lovely behavior.
1) Overreacting to a minor mistake.
2) Leveraging authority out of spite.
3) Being a loving creep.

But like, in the context of that clip Vince has to know that he's the bad guy in the bit, right? it's like a weird power fantasy except he's knowingly in the wrong.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Goblin Queen posted:

I think the whole point for him is that he can be an awful person, even flaunt it to a degree, and still be rewarded for it. It's like virtue signaling except the "virtues" are being a sadistic gently caress.

I guess I just don't get it, but I guess that's why I'm not a cartoonish monster.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

I wasn't sure if I'd been told this in confidence or if it had been talked about in public when I was writing the OP but Bix talked about it on the Pollock and Thurston show:

In late 2017 the New York Times was working on an investigation into Vince involving 13 women who came forward to the Times. However, the reporter(s) involved didn't seem to understand wrestling and the women got cold feet about going on the record.

I've heard this before and I don't NOT believe it because I've worked in the media long enough, but the idea that one of the major reasons the story didn't get reported is that the NYT's "didn't understand wrestling" is gobsmackingly pathetic.

"I don't understand how rocket science works thus I'm just incapable of reporting on the head of NASA raping everyone for 40 years" What?

How are we supposed to believe the NYT's reporting on any complex geopolitical news story if the basic workings of a niche entertainment business is an elusive enigma they simply can't untangle?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Jason said every single time they would come back from a dark match from TVs, Russ Haas was so depressed because "Quote Jim Ross and Quote Bruce Prichard" kept telling Russ: You guys are ready to go, you guys will be on tv but Russ you got to get bigger, Russ you got to get bigger, sorry Russ you got to get bigger." Russ finally gave in and began taking steroids and it was one occasion in which there was air in the needle and it got to his heart and killed him.

Good 'ol JR.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

UnleashedDad posted:

Let’s put it this way, had he said the standard stuff I wouldn’t have considered it. Now I definitely do. You don’t talk word salad like that if something isn’t amiss. Just one man’s opinion.

They ALL knew about it and almost absolutely were actively involved in some aspect of it. Whether it's Cena or Orton or Levesque or Jim Ross or Heyman or Stephanie or whoever. No one who would object would have thrived at that high of a level in an organization ran by Vince McMahon.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

rotinaj posted:

Wow that is an intensely lovely non-answer, JR

Tbh I did not expect a good answer from him but that is a really bad one

That isn't a non-answer. That's "gently caress you, leave Vince and the WWE alone, I liked it there, move on move on who cares" answer. There's nothing non-subtle or non-answer about it. John Cena looks like a skilled diplomat in comparison to that answer. That is seriously an answer that should get him canned from AEW. He's one step away from loving endorsing Vince.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Making your mistress tear up and rewrite her love letter to you like it's a Raw script makes it sound too much like Vince not to be true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

sold all that stock and still couldn't afford a mania ticket. :sad: