Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They're experiencing every type of apocalypse at once. All of them. Fallout, Fist of the North Star, SMT, Mad Max, if it doesn't overlap with any of the other ones like how parasites and zombies being a redundant doubling up, they've got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

I feel like kaiju vs aliens might be a stalemate. Kaiju shouldn't be able to touch the little aliens zipping around, but aliens won't be able to take down the giant kaiju either.
Many recent Godzilla anime things retcon him into more than just a big lizard, turning him into an absolute nightmare able to e.g. shoot down spaceships orbiting earth with his lazers, and precision strike anything within his vision. I think he can hit the aliens.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Would be funny if "Lawless" turned out to apply to physical 'laws' as well

Bucswabe posted:

Personally, I like the idea that Lawless Humans will be the ones to take down God

Or divine laws, for that matter

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Would be funny if "Lawless" turned out to apply to physical 'laws' as well

Or divine laws, for that matter

Yeah, that was my dumb idea as well. "Lawless" humans as in they don't respect, and can violate, any law.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Goddamn that was hype

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

One just has such good comedic timing

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I want a stealth RTS of this series so bad. A game where you guide your squishy squad around the map, infiltrate bases, and press buttons marked "VERY BAD IDEA" to summon/provoke highly lethal natural enemies and hope they don't kill all of your forces before you successfully, bravely, heroically, run away.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Desumaytah posted:

I want a stealth RTS of this series so bad. A game where you guide your squishy squad around the map, infiltrate bases, and press buttons marked "VERY BAD IDEA" to summon/provoke highly lethal natural enemies and hope they don't kill all of your forces before you successfully, bravely, heroically, run away.

It is a really cool idea for a game.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Bisse posted:

Many recent Godzilla anime things retcon him into more than just a big lizard, turning him into an absolute nightmare able to e.g. shoot down spaceships orbiting earth with his lazers, and precision strike anything within his vision. I think he can hit the aliens.

Not to mention that this is an especially big Godzilla. Canonically he's supposed to be like 350 ft, but this guy looks like he's several times that.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Devils Affricate posted:

Not to mention that this is an especially big Godzilla. Canonically he's supposed to be like 350 ft, but this guy looks like he's several times that.

Godzilla size varies by Godzilla. Minus 1 is just 164 feet tall, for example.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

Desumaytah posted:

Feels like the last half of Myth. I'd be down for it as everything about Myth rocked.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Desumaytah posted:

Another option would be an asymmetrical multiplayer action game like Dragon Ball: The Breakers where one player gets to be a Natural Enemy and the rest are poor humans desperately trying to survive.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Godzilla size varies by Godzilla. Minus 1 is just 164 feet tall, for example.

Even so, this one looks like he could be a kilometer tall. According to Wikizilla which is a website that apparently exists, that still makes him by far the biggest Godzilla!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

Honestly I feel that way about a majority of the manga I read, even ones way less chaotic than this. Isekai or not. I'd love for this to be a game though, monsters killing each other while you get to hang back and watch the show is a fun time as far as I'm concerned.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

I'd love for this to be a game though, monsters killing each other while you get to hang back and watch the show is a fun time as far as I'm concerned.
Just play Dota2 as a support role and you'll get exactly that.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Man I just realized that if saitama was here he would destroy every natural enemy then get destroyed by gamer world

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Terror Sweat posted:

Man I just realized that if saitama was here he would destroy every natural enemy then get destroyed by gamer world

King would have no such limits though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Crazy to think that Dante would be a better hero to rely on instead of Saitama.

Kirby still remains MVP of any story that needs action to save the day. He's not solving either of the Kira cases.

Bisse posted:

Just play Dota2 as a support role and you'll get exactly that.

How dare you suggest for me to play a MOBA.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Crazy to think that Dante would be a better hero to rely on instead of Saitama.

Kirby still remains MVP of any story that needs action to save the day. He's not solving either of the Kira cases.

Another win for Columbo, then.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop
There's a really good screenplay of a Columbo x Death Note crossover somewhere.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

skaianDestiny posted:

Just have Columbo replace the dipshit who took over for L post-death and have the big C do his usual shtick, the story writes itself

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

skaianDestiny posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16CKjELxHhg

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Some spoilers are out, looks like the mad god is about to start some poo poo. He looks very intense.

This poo poo is popping off even more so

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Chapter 14 is out: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/L9FpiK6/1/1/

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I was kind of expecting to see the Madarans be a little more shook but the dialogue suggests they might be tougher than even thier ships

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Meme Emulator posted:

I was kind of expecting to see the Madarans be a little more shook but the dialogue suggests they might be tougher than even thier ships

It seemed to me that they were not able to comprehend it. Pow the one that charged the Mega Kaiju doubted the thing even brought down their ship.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

funny they assume various aspects of their ability to understand their surroundings are compromised before they assume they're not supremely powerful

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

funny they assume various aspects of their ability to understand their surroundings are compromised before they assume they're not supremely powerful

Yeah this is the funniest part and, assuming the Mega Kaiju doesn't end them, someone else exploiting this misunderstanding might be able to.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Absolutely loved the sequence of pow attacking the Kaiju.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
That kaiju panel of the spread with its face just fully in frame really reminded me of James Stokoe's godzilla runs. Insane.

This shits popping off now!!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is the kaiju also a volcano or was that something else attacking it? I couldn't tell if it was launching those things itself or they were coming from somewhere else.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Probably. At least one of the closeups showed that it has whole-rear end buildings embedded in it, suggesting it's either a living mountain/volcano, or a creature that had been slumbering just under the surface long enough that the terrain became part of it/embedded in its flesh.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Also learned that the aliens arent flesh and blood but something like pure information? Wonder what you could exploit with that.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Synthbuttrange posted:

Also learned that the aliens arent flesh and blood but something like pure information? Wonder what you could exploit with that.

Gamers rise up.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Synthbuttrange posted:

Yeah, this line stuck with me as well. Like, maybe they are holographic projections, or something? At the very least, it could suggest their “real” forms are something even more mind-bending.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
So it looks like the kaiju's attack was powerful enough for even god to take notice

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
God being just some "Shonen final boss" looking fucker sitting on a pile of gold, instead of a formless, biblical being, kind of disappointed me tbh.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"We've got energy drinks!" :lol:

Man, this series is REALLY getting good!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Absolutely loved the sequence of pow attacking the Kaiju.

It's giving off major Orange Monster vs The Powerpuff girls vibes :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lt. Lizard posted:

God being just some "Shonen final boss" looking fucker sitting on a pile of gold, instead of a formless, biblical being, kind of disappointed me tbh.

I mean he opened up multiple biblically accurate angel eyes there, so theres more going on there.