Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Yeah a bit disappointed in that too but also curious whats the deal with the whole dragon horde. Also just even more curious what the gently caress lawless is gonna do, literally just some goons doing a gangland execution alongside skynet and giants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Lt. Lizard posted:

God being just some "Shonen final boss" looking fucker sitting on a pile of gold, instead of a formless, biblical being, kind of disappointed me tbh.

I'm certain that's not his true, final form.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
I love that the kaiju is a very wide gentleman. Taft-esque.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Lt. Lizard posted:

God being just some "Shonen final boss" looking fucker sitting on a pile of gold, instead of a formless, biblical being, kind of disappointed me tbh.

what are final bosses known to do over long fights?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Lamebot posted:

what are final bosses known to do over long fights?

Consider the eyes opening up in what looks like the mad god's hair. We should get some good biblical level poo poo when that one starts doing things.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, very odd to see an evil god represented this way from the famously Christian church-going country of Japan.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

Yeah a bit disappointed in that too but also curious whats the deal with the whole dragon horde. Also just even more curious what the gently caress lawless is gonna do, literally just some goons doing a gangland execution alongside skynet and giants

Lol that this is the response of every main character too. Some hosed up poo poo is about to go down in lawless town next chappie

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

ONE illustrated the aliens

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1boc4j2

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Of course the crazy advanced aliens made from information are spoiled idiot skeptics who can't recognize what a setback is. They're probably convinced they're protagonist Boltzmann Brains in a Simulation but suddenly they're on an unknown world and a mile-high monster with a face like a two-page Tolkien map spread ripped their sweet ride in half. The one motherfucker who tried to get a read on the situation ended up learning some million font lizard Braille. Then he learned the ground.

I like this series.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 26, 2024

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol that this is the response of every main character too. Some hosed up poo poo is about to go down in lawless town next chappie

Every single one of the lawless are just psychopath Mad Max action heroes, complete with the abily to off-screen handle serious threats that they should have no business even trying to fight. Every. Single. One of them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lawless are a bunch of freaks that don't follow the rules of physics. Get ready to see some wire-fu Wuxia poo poo when they start fighting, people are gonna be running around on the walls, Looney Tunes disappearing behind light posts, it's gonna be so hosed up.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Turns out the aliens are as arrogant as the humans of their universe.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

RareAcumen posted:

Lawless are a bunch of freaks that don't follow the rules of physics. Get ready to see some wire-fu Wuxia poo poo when they start fighting, people are gonna be running around on the walls, Looney Tunes disappearing behind light posts, it's gonna be so hosed up.

That's already New Humanity, the Lawless have to be on some Fist of the North Star poo poo

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

That's already New Humanity, the Lawless have to be on some Fist of the North Star poo poo

I'm for this so long as a demon or something gets a good dose of Shinderu.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This Kaiju is so loving big and yet it's still a Super Mushroom away from being as big as Lavos.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

This Kaiju is so loving big and yet it's still a Super Mushroom away from being as big as Lavos.

Lavos is either a missile spewing paperweight or a weird hairy radish floating on the right side of your screen. I'll have this big boy, please.

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

same

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Buddy, he started growing bilical angel eyes out of the glowing hair, give him a chance.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Agreed we have seen too little of the Mad God.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?
It might not even be the god. It could be like an angel or negapope or something too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just glad to know that the Mad God has an actual body and visible form to it. I was wondering if it was going to be a tangible thing like the giants, demons and robots or invisible like Death in Final Destination or Domino's luck in Deadpool 2. That helps a lot in knowing what to expect.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Just lol if you don’t think that the mad god has at least 3 forms.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Maybe the mad-max people are just poo poo rear end in a top hat humans from the far future who somehow survived everything else.

(Except maybe the curse world, because that may just be entropy.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's weird to say this about a manga that's 14 chapters long but since we're deep into the manga now and I remember people mentioning the names changing and not being sure what they used to be here's the old world names:

And here are the new ones:

Gaia's Wrath and Yggdrasion feel like they have a lot more overlap than Neo-Terra and Lawless will.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 30, 2024

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

These are some pretty extreme changes. The first batch feel like descriptions of every world while the second are, for the most part, proper names. I wonder what brought these changes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Thanks for putting them all down.

Edit: From the new translation it sounds like Daikokuzan is the only Kaiju.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Mar 30, 2024

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thanks for putting them all down.

Edit: From the new translation it sounds like Daikokuzan is the only Kaiju.

For now.

I mean, robots, parasite, tree.

That's Mechadaikokuzan, Spacedaikokuzan, and, uh, Biollante, all ready to go.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

team overhead smash posted:

Just lol if you don’t think that the mad god has at least 3 forms.

father, son, holy ghost?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

These are some pretty extreme changes. The first batch feel like descriptions of every world while the second are, for the most part, proper names. I wonder what brought these changes.

Yeah the old ones feel like you're picking out units for an RTS or a squad game like XCOM or something. I dunno why they changed them, aside from it feeling pretty...Uninspired? Not generic but something along those lines.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Different translators. The first scanlators stopped, and Kodansha has their own official English version being published through Kmanga which is using the "new" names.

There are differences right off the bat between the old scans and Kmanga. Kmanga uses Ario and not Alio, and uses titans instead of giants. Wouldn't be surprised if the new uploads use Kmanga's names or are outright rips (there's probably a reason they aren't being posted anywhere outside of imgur/google galleries).

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Land of the lawless is going to be hilarious. They specifically point out they’re normal humans. How the heck are they going to be a threat to anyone?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I’m sure they’ll be like, Fist of the North Star martial arts supermen

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

turns out all humans in most worlds needed to stand up to their apocalypse was a deep distain for any order or regulations

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Chapter 15 is out: https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/rm7keBD/1/2/

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

Wasn't expecting any of those reveals tbh. Bastz seems like an interesting guy

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Like how things are going. Cursed World tricks are uh, something. It kinda looks like the land of the lawless is zombfying or succumbing to parasites? Maybe? They could just be like that.

RIP Kiva unless...?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
What was that prickly thing hollow was holding?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

No Wave posted:

the whistle that summoned the demon quad backup, I think

ThatBasqueGuy fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Apr 24, 2024

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

drat, this is getting good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

No Wave posted:

something Kiva was giving him I think.