Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I just want the Alien-threatened humans to get off their high horse and admit that the other threats are actually dangerous.

They never said the other predators weren't dangerous, just that the aliens were significantly more dangerous in comparison. Which has proven to be true, at least so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Mraagvpeine posted:

I know they said smell, but I think the fact that the woman magician yelled at the kid to look out when the giant was about to attack him was what blew her disguise. From what we've seen, NH views compassion and other similar emotions to be unnecessary and anyone showing a hint of emotion is a major red flag.

The smell thing was just a bluff. The real reason they were found out was because they didn't shave their eyebrows. Neo-Cruelty World's humans really dropped the ball on leaving that detail out.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Bisse posted:

Many recent Godzilla anime things retcon him into more than just a big lizard, turning him into an absolute nightmare able to e.g. shoot down spaceships orbiting earth with his lazers, and precision strike anything within his vision. I think he can hit the aliens.

Not to mention that this is an especially big Godzilla. Canonically he's supposed to be like 350 ft, but this guy looks like he's several times that.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

Godzilla size varies by Godzilla. Minus 1 is just 164 feet tall, for example.

Even so, this one looks like he could be a kilometer tall. According to Wikizilla which is a website that apparently exists, that still makes him by far the biggest Godzilla!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
So it looks like the kaiju's attack was powerful enough for even god to take notice

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Why did Daikokuzan turn its head toward Hallow and co? They don't seem to be doing anything big enough to get its attention. I'm thinking maybe it's not actually chasing them, but looking in the direction of the human base after it teleported.

MonsterEnvy posted:

something Kiva was giving him I think.

Kiva wasn't giving him anything, he was trying to use that one last chance to kill Hallow. When Pakkya kicked him off of the car, he dropped the demon whistle that he used to summon the other generals. Hallow noticed it and grabbed it, but didn't say anything about it to the others. Seems like kind of a... bad thing to have around, but I guess we'll see.

Devils Affricate fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Apr 24, 2024

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Yeah I don't think the giants showed any personal concern for one another, they just got rattled by seeing one of their own actually get taken down. I don't get the impression that the demons have much loyalty or love for each other either, they just follow a hierarchy of strength. The Madarans seem to have respect for each other, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Pelican Dunderhead posted:

Very classic DB with that capsule car driving around.

Yeah I noticed that too! It looks too similar, I'm convinced it's an homage to Toriyama.