Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

On the one hand, I wish we knew what every world's threats were immediately. But on the other hand, I can't blame anyone because it's not like they know how to compare their giants to our demons or those parasites etc etc.

I'm just really looking forward to which world's big player is going to be the first to show up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not to mention how the robots have completely evolved/adapted past any light to heavy weapon's fire to be able to destroy them.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I really like this manga's premise and the execution is now matching it now that we're just watching two far more dangerous enemies clashing against each other so:

Stable threats: Neo Humanity, Giants, Demons, Aliens, Wilderness

Flexible threats: Parasites, Robots

I think the worst possible thing that could happen is robots encountering the aliens. Because they just keep assimilating new information and upgrading themselves to overcome it. They already figured out magic in one battle, making them immune to the aliens' strength and lasers would make them nigh unstoppable.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I so can't wait to see Neo Humanity swarm over and dissemble a bunch of robots and leave their rims sitting on a some cinderblocks.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This site is still going to keep uploading Versus when it gets translated

https://manga4life.com/read-online/VERSUS-chapter-13.html

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They're experiencing every type of apocalypse at once. All of them. Fallout, Fist of the North Star, SMT, Mad Max, if it doesn't overlap with any of the other ones like how parasites and zombies being a redundant doubling up, they've got it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Desumaytah posted:

I want a stealth RTS of this series so bad. A game where you guide your squishy squad around the map, infiltrate bases, and press buttons marked "VERY BAD IDEA" to summon/provoke highly lethal natural enemies and hope they don't kill all of your forces before you successfully, bravely, heroically, run away.

Honestly I feel that way about a majority of the manga I read, even ones way less chaotic than this. Isekai or not. I'd love for this to be a game though, monsters killing each other while you get to hang back and watch the show is a fun time as far as I'm concerned.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

Man I just realized that if saitama was here he would destroy every natural enemy then get destroyed by gamer world

Crazy to think that Dante would be a better hero to rely on instead of Saitama.

Kirby still remains MVP of any story that needs action to save the day. He's not solving either of the Kira cases.

Bisse posted:

Just play Dota2 as a support role and you'll get exactly that.

How dare you suggest for me to play a MOBA.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Is the kaiju also a volcano or was that something else attacking it? I couldn't tell if it was launching those things itself or they were coming from somewhere else.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

God being just some "Shonen final boss" looking fucker sitting on a pile of gold, instead of a formless, biblical being, kind of disappointed me tbh.

Yeah, very odd to see an evil god represented this way from the famously Christian church-going country of Japan.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lawless are a bunch of freaks that don't follow the rules of physics. Get ready to see some wire-fu Wuxia poo poo when they start fighting, people are gonna be running around on the walls, Looney Tunes disappearing behind light posts, it's gonna be so hosed up.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This Kaiju is so loving big and yet it's still a Super Mushroom away from being as big as Lavos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm just glad to know that the Mad God has an actual body and visible form to it. I was wondering if it was going to be a tangible thing like the giants, demons and robots or invisible like Death in Final Destination or Domino's luck in Deadpool 2. That helps a lot in knowing what to expect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's weird to say this about a manga that's 14 chapters long but since we're deep into the manga now and I remember people mentioning the names changing and not being sure what they used to be here's the old world names:

And here are the new ones:

Gaia's Wrath and Yggdrasion feel like they have a lot more overlap than Neo-Terra and Lawless will.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Mar 30, 2024

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

These are some pretty extreme changes. The first batch feel like descriptions of every world while the second are, for the most part, proper names. I wonder what brought these changes.

Yeah the old ones feel like you're picking out units for an RTS or a squad game like XCOM or something. I dunno why they changed them, aside from it feeling pretty...Uninspired? Not generic but something along those lines.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well that's the end of Kiva, couldn't have happened soon enough.

Hey wait a second-

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Terror Sweat posted:

It lasted like 4 miles

Maybe demons aren't a great fuel source for it, nearly dead or not.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

That's because they didn't drive it well.

Also Kiva crashing into it probably didn't help either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've been re-reading it from here after the thread chapter's posted because they do not care and I don't want to search through the thread for each chapter. https://manga4life.com/manga/VERSUS