Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I still hope Mad Max world will turn out to be Fist of the North Star world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I just want the Alien-threatened humans to get off their high horse and admit that the other threats are actually dangerous.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

JuniperCake posted:

But that's the thing I think about them. Neo humans don't really seem to care about each other, not as individuals. At least not going by how they reacted to some of their number being killed, etc. They're described as dolls and personality wise they almost seem interchangeable. They were able to detect the fake humans because of their scent but a parasite using a neo-human's body as a host probably can hide much better. If there's no easy way for them to determine it using their usual methods, can they even tell if someone has been infected? Would they even care outside of just having another "fun" thing to play with and not take seriously? And it's as you say, if they do find one they'll probably try to kill it with their knives, super human speed/strength,etc etc but we don't know how that would actually work against the parasites.

And what happens if a sizable number of them get infected? It doesn't seem likely they'll try to save them or protect the others. They'll just try to kill them and might just keeping fighting and getting infected until they just run out of people. Their detachment could easily be a weakness that could get exploited by something like that.

Though for all we know there's like a factory or something churning an endless supply of these people out somewhere. Or maybe there's a super neo human leader who can handle it or whatever so you can't rule anything out of course. Makes things really hard to speculate when there's so much we don't know about the threats. But I think we can't really underestimate what any of the threats might be capable of. Especially the ones we haven't seen much of yet.

Like I'm not saying that the parasites for sure will beat them, but I definitely do think its possible for them to win.

I know they said smell, but I think the fact that the woman magician yelled at the kid to look out when the giant was about to attack him was what blew her disguise. From what we've seen, NH views compassion and other similar emotions to be unnecessary and anyone showing a hint of emotion is a major red flag.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

YES, GODZILLA TIME, BABY!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

God being just some "Shonen final boss" looking fucker sitting on a pile of gold, instead of a formless, biblical being, kind of disappointed me tbh.

I'm certain that's not his true, final form.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Turns out the aliens are as arrogant as the humans of their universe.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Ytlaya posted:

While it looks like that one demon guy is dead as gently caress, I'd been wondering whether his whole "arc" was leading to a plot point where some of the "natural enemies" have a change of perspective as they're forced to contend with a threat for the first time.

Then again, the demons are the only natural enemy race that has been shown to even vaguely have a mindset similar to normal humans (the others all come off as completely psycho and incapable of empathy, if they're even sapient). This might be because their power seems weirdly concentrated among this minority of executives/leaders (and I bet the actual top Demon King is a complete monster on par with the other strongest entities), but most demons seem like they can be plausibly be defeated by human heroes (with normal ground troops straight-up being fodder compared with heroes). So while the human race as a whole is powerless against the demons due to the strength of the demon leaders, they aren't quite as untouchable as most of the other "natural enemies." And demons seem to care about other demons to some extent, while the neohumans and giants don't seem to give a poo poo about other neohumans/giants getting killed.

The giants definitely care if their own kind get killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Or it could be following Hallow's mana-rich fairy partner.