Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
It's waaaay too early to say "This threat is the biggest" when we haven't even seen what most of the other apocalypses can do. My guess is the aliens get addicted to game-world.

I mostly just wanna know how in the hell "regular humans, but bad" can compete with something like "God."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

If Mad Max world is just a bunch of otherwise physically normal car-freak psychopaths following an absurd, evil Kenshiro, then yeah, I get it.

Maybe the madmen are even literally following him. Maybe he isn't all that evil, just stressed and introverted and way too powerful. A bunch of crazies stalking a guy who just wants to be left alone and can't deescalate from obliterating entire continents while trying to swat them away because his forbidden martial art is forbidden for a very good reason. A weird mix of Vash the Stampede and Kenshiro from a FotNS abridged series.

I dunno, man. The premise of this series owns a lot.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 8, 2024

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

My Bad can beat up your Bad.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

I mean, the fancy human orbital satellites only kind of grazed one of the giants. It seems that, of the predators we've seen so far, facing them would be an uphill/losing battle for any subset of humanity. I wouldn't be surprised if the greater demon kings could effecively body a Madaran or two. The Giants probably have special boss giants. I'm mostly interested in the predators that don't seem to have a brute force solution, like the game world, or God.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Feb 10, 2024

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

The final chapters of this manga are just going to be the heroes trying to stall for time while invoking their villains in a very specific elemental-style sequence like it's the last boss of Chrono Cross.

My definitely wrong rough guess on the order:

Neo Humans > Demons (Suffering and vice have been embraced and accounted for with hive-mind math)

Demons > God (They've been planning to kill God for revenge the whole time)

God > Curse (In the beginning, God created stuff from useless rot)

Curse > Tree (gently caress your stupid tree. May it wither from a viroid or something)

Tree > Wildlife (A tree with roots that eat the world from the inside-out will just kinda starve the critters to death like in that one Dragonball Z movie)

Wildlife > Robots (Nature isn't trying to checkmate anything, it just sort of adapts on its own, with no real goal in mind)

Robots > Parasite (Eat my gently caress, organic pathogen)

Parasite > Regular Humans (Oh no it ate the humans' gently caress)

Regular Humans > Game World (One need only look at a Let's Play thread to see how far our depraved, supposedly normal asses will go for content)

Game World > Aliens (You build a civilization on intergalactic conquest but suddenly there's capitalism and you starve to death buying loot-crates from TF2 because that one Medic hat with the spike on top is dope and you bet it'd look cool painted white)

Aliens > Calamaties (Literally just nuke them from orbit)

Calamaties > Giants (Biggest boys vs Only kind of big boys)

Giants > Neo Humanity (These weird shiny humans can clean our houses even better! Who cares if they kill a few of us? I'm a libertarian)

Everything else is a weird stalemate or maybe the threats end up Voltron-merging or something.

...I should play Chrono Cross again.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Feb 12, 2024

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Kaiju time let's loving goooooo.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

*Frantically fantasy-booking match-ups between apocalypses like it's a way overloaded Wrestlemania card*

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

I want a stealth RTS of this series so bad. A game where you guide your squishy squad around the map, infiltrate bases, and press buttons marked "VERY BAD IDEA" to summon/provoke highly lethal natural enemies and hope they don't kill all of your forces before you successfully, bravely, heroically, run away.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

I love that the kaiju is a very wide gentleman. Taft-esque.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Of course the crazy advanced aliens made from information are spoiled idiot skeptics who can't recognize what a setback is. They're probably convinced they're protagonist Boltzmann Brains in a Simulation but suddenly they're on an unknown world and a mile-high monster with a face like a two-page Tolkien map spread ripped their sweet ride in half. The one motherfucker who tried to get a read on the situation ended up learning some million font lizard Braille. Then he learned the ground.

I like this series.

Desumaytah fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 26, 2024

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Lol that this is the response of every main character too. Some hosed up poo poo is about to go down in lawless town next chappie

Every single one of the lawless are just psychopath Mad Max action heroes, complete with the abily to off-screen handle serious threats that they should have no business even trying to fight. Every. Single. One of them.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

This Kaiju is so loving big and yet it's still a Super Mushroom away from being as big as Lavos.

Lavos is either a missile spewing paperweight or a weird hairy radish floating on the right side of your screen. I'll have this big boy, please.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Maybe the mad-max people are just poo poo rear end in a top hat humans from the far future who somehow survived everything else.

(Except maybe the curse world, because that may just be entropy.)

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

MonsterEnvy posted:

Thanks for putting them all down.

Edit: From the new translation it sounds like Daikokuzan is the only Kaiju.

For now.

I mean, robots, parasite, tree.

That's Mechadaikokuzan, Spacedaikokuzan, and, uh, Biollante, all ready to go.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

It's Gamera in addition to Godzilla. It senses children it must save.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

We're getting our tabletop RPG party, but instead of DnD, it's Paranoia/Call of Cthulhu.