Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The support fairy looks sorta like Laila's mask from Kubera - https://www.anime-planet.com/characters/laila-hemawati

Desumaytah posted:

It's waaaay too early to say "This threat is the biggest" when we haven't even seen what most of the other apocalypses can do. My guess is the aliens get addicted to game-world.

I mostly just wanna know how in the hell "regular humans, but bad" can compete with something like "God."

Yeah, I feel like the "mad max world" enemies are a bit outmatched.

Then again, that's the case with a lot of the enemies (like the Madarans are obviously way beyond the giants, wildlife, robots, and new humans - they basically have the same "source of strength" as the last two, just way more).

I feel like the curse (which is likely a worse version of the parasite as an "invisible enemy") and the god are going to be big players, as weird things that are "beyond technology." The Demon Lords also seem like they're still a big deal. After all, Hallow said the Madaran felt "the same as" the Demon Lord guy.

edit: The one thing that feels kind of weird about this manga's setting is that there appear to be literally like 500 humans left from all the different civilizations. Like literally just a couple dozen people came from each civilization (minus the magic world one that we started with, since their world is obviously still the "base world").

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 3, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

They never said the other predators weren't dangerous, just that the aliens were significantly more dangerous in comparison. Which has proven to be true, at least so far.

Also a single alien destroyed their entire army. Most of the other enemies can be fought against in some capacity, even if they obviously can't win. Like a bunch of humans in the giant world could probably take down a single giant. In the magic world, humans can defeat any demon below the generals. Same probably goes for the neohumans or machines. But a single alien was completely untouchable for those humans, despite them seemingly having the fanciest tech themselves.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Darth TNT posted:

And also their generals even when fully roided up. Then again Hallow was able to go toe to toe with the bat dude for a while.

Same. I have no idea what game world is going to do, kidnap everyone into cyberspace? Release Pac-Man ghosts?

I mean, there's not really any requirement that all the "natural enemies" be equally threatening. Like I'm pretty sure the Madarans are more threatening than, say, the Giants.

I think the poster who mentioned the Game World stuff potentially "defeating" the otherwise untouchable Madarans may have been onto something. I could also see that "faction" countering the Neo-humans.

Speaking of the neohumans, I think we're inclined to view them as comparable to the giants, but I think they might actually end up being a pretty high-tier threat due to their intelligence/savvy. I really want to see them interact with something like the Madarans or machines.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

JuniperCake posted:

I think Neo humanity's counter might be the parasites. Considering it shows up at the end of the chapter and attacks them and we aren't shown what happens afterwards. It would kind of be a waste of the parasite's debut if that all amounted to nothing but I guess we'll find out eventually.

Narratively I'd assume the same, but logically you'd think that the most big-brained humanoid faction would be the most capable of addressing the parasite problem. Like they'd be the most likely to quickly identify who's infected and impassionately deal with the situation by killing off whoever is infected.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm wondering if (chapter 12) Jachi himself might show up. The demons seem doomed to lose in the end, since even if they're kept from dying, they simply don't have the power to hurt the alien. Like sure, they were revived, but they already did a combo attack that didn't even phase the alien. Though I guess that, if the plan works, the humans will be gone before then.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I feel like kaiju vs aliens might be a stalemate. Kaiju shouldn't be able to touch the little aliens zipping around, but aliens won't be able to take down the giant kaiju either.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Desumaytah posted:

I want a stealth RTS of this series so bad. A game where you guide your squishy squad around the map, infiltrate bases, and press buttons marked "VERY BAD IDEA" to summon/provoke highly lethal natural enemies and hope they don't kill all of your forces before you successfully, bravely, heroically, run away.

It is a really cool idea for a game.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

While it looks like that one demon guy is dead as gently caress, I'd been wondering whether his whole "arc" was leading to a plot point where some of the "natural enemies" have a change of perspective as they're forced to contend with a threat for the first time.

Then again, the demons are the only natural enemy race that has been shown to even vaguely have a mindset similar to normal humans (the others all come off as completely psycho and incapable of empathy, if they're even sapient). This might be because their power seems weirdly concentrated among this minority of executives/leaders (and I bet the actual top Demon King is a complete monster on par with the other strongest entities), but most demons seem like they can be plausibly be defeated by human heroes (with normal ground troops straight-up being fodder compared with heroes). So while the human race as a whole is powerless against the demons due to the strength of the demon leaders, they aren't quite as untouchable as most of the other "natural enemies." And demons seem to care about other demons to some extent, while the neohumans and giants don't seem to give a poo poo about other neohumans/giants getting killed.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

The giants definitely care if their own kind get killed.

It seemed like they were mostly just offended by it and viewed it as a threat, rather than being concerned about the well-being of their allies. Whereas with the demons there seems to be a sense of actual loyalty.

I kind of hope I'm wrong, though, since it'd be interesting to get some more depth out of the sapient enemy species.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Devils Affricate posted:

I don't get the impression that the demons have much loyalty or love for each other either, they just follow a hierarchy of strength. The Madarans seem to have respect for each other, though.

Kiva at least seemed to be concerned about the well-being of the greater demon empire, and mentions "leaving their fate in Jachi's hands" as he goes to fight to his death against the Madarans. If it was just about strength, it seems like he'd just be ambivalent since the strongest will win in the end.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah what non evil reason is there for having "Turn souls into lovely cars" technology

It seemed like a pretty good car to me

I think if I died I'd be okay with my soul becoming neat DragonBall car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

It lasted like 4 miles

That's because they didn't drive it well.