Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

I think it's a lot more likely people will be exploited for fame or money to take drugs that hulk them out for a few years then result in turbocancer.

Yeah it’ll just be a bunch of dudes that look like Rich Piana getting heart attacks and dying at 40

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I don’t pay attention but I also assume they have to exercise at least a little restraint

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Mustang posted:

They've had years to offer their own immigration solutions and have declined to do so. The right has successfully defined the Democrats as the Open Borders party despite being completely untethered from the truth.

The only immigration policy the Democrats could've adopted that the Republicans wouldn't find a way to scream about would be utterly intolerable to anyone who isn't literally Satan

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

i love Blake's. great burgers and all the aesthetics of a syrian prison

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lol if the spirit of Aloha finally calls the Supreme Court’s bluff

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The CFA in my town takes drive through orders way ahead of the menu board but they don’t have menus with them so if you ask to see one they start to panic because it throws off the whole system

Dunno what the deal is. The one near me in Colorado gave the drive through staff laminated menus to give out.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

Honestly if I was in the car with someone going to CFA, and they asked to see a menu I would also look at them like they where stupid "nugs, tendies, sammich, and spicy sammich?"

They have a bunch of salads, sauces, seasonal drinks, seasonal foods, etc. that I can’t keep straight because I don’t go that often

The pimento cheese sandwich was good. Is it still there? I don’t know!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

drat I hope it wasn’t Joel Osteen committing suicide by cop after coming to terms with how terribly he has manipulated people in his demonic quest for more money

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/kisstheblade_/status/1757869583719924152

Oh I DEFINITELY did not have this one on my
Bingo card. :stare:

lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

People way too into fashion brands seem to be broke-asses more often than not

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Copying features from Elon Musk's X.com: The Everything App, I see

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Bad time to share the “Taylor Swift gassing up the private jet to roll over in bed” meme huh

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’m not going to lie I felt like a loving fool when I found out the US just sells recycled plastic to be burned and that has strongly colored my take on individual conservation

Flikken posted:

It is funny how conservatives started caring about her private jet usage when they got mad at her.

Surprised they haven't been harping on Biden's Air Force One usage and the enviromental impact.

I was making GBS threads on celebrities for their extravagant waste way before chuds latched onto it for the wrong reasons and I refuse to let them take it from me

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

My Spirit Otter posted:

just because the individual isnt responsible for the bulk of the damage, doesnt mean that the individual cant meter themselves so as to not contribute to the problem.

you may be just one person throwing your unsorted garbage and recycling into the post garbage because youre lazy, inconsiderate, and dont feel like following your host nation's laws. but i guarantee you, you werent the only one, and thats where the problem lies. your individual actions may not amount to much, but it adds up, so why not try to be better than corporations and do your best not to consume and create waste.

Oh I still separate my recycling and squint at invisible numbers on the bottom of bottles because our landfill will recycle #3 but not #7 or whatever the gently caress. I absolutely still feel like a mark when I see the rich and corporations pissing liquid trash into the ocean and rubbing our faces in it, and landfills selling plastic to be burned which seems worse than just dumping it into a pit where at least it won’t turn into the literal air we breathe.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Banning private jets could affect one single person and I’d still want to see it done before seeing a single iota more of greenwashing bullshit

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Cartons of eggs quintupled in price in the last few years and it had nothing to do with conservation

Nor are Americans wrong for being pissed when that happens

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

bulletsponge13 posted:

Don't forget that the egg industry was also recently found to have manipulated the market and artificially driving up the costs.

Yeah it’s this I’m thinking of when remembering the spike to $12 in my area:

quote:

In a letter calling on the FTC to investigate record prices, Farm Action determined that the avian flu outbreak had only had an “apparently mild impact on the industry”, generally lowering the average size of an egg-laying flock by no more than 6% compared with 2021.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jan/25/18-a-dozen-how-did-americas-eggs-get-absurdly-expensive

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

When you’re right you’re right

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Those Fedor fights were basically snuff films

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Defenestrategy posted:

As the infosec nerd at corp I know we have no goons or atleast goons smart enough to not use the company wifi for something awful.

Disturbingly enough we had kiwifarms users

I remember when I found several goons admitting to connecting their gaming devices (including a Steam Deck) to the corporate network, which was fine because “they’re in IT.”

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Oh for gently caress's sake dude, get lost

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

hypnophant posted:

“chinese food” covers about a billion different regional cuisines and the second largest population on the planet. calling japanese food diverse, compared to chinese, is like calling your midwestern town diverse because they have both a popeye’s and a taco bell. they’re not even in the same universe.

yeah for example in the uk it’s French fries, chicken tenders, and powdered curry mix

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The Aardvark posted:

I too like to assign ~macros~ to every enjoyable thing in life.

Dudes who call their meals “a protein” give me the skeebies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Exempt them if they bring back the death lemonade