Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Prag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Andrea Stella is so cool

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's truly incredible how many people will still go to such great lengths to argue that there's no way a powerful man acted inappropriately toward a female colleague.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

Any time you want bro.

Should I start composting?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I would like to know more

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I am never going to click on image 76

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

90% of F1 writers won't touch any of this, because their publishers/editors/themselves have had the fear of god put in them by attorneys. i guess UK and European libel law is a lot more onerous than in the US?

Dunno when we'll actually see something written about it

idk about the rest of Europe but UK libel law is pretty explicitly designed to make it difficult to be mean to rich people so I wouldn't expect to hear much from those folks. Made for some funny Daily Show segments once upon a time, though.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Reported

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Where is the British media saying the leaks are legit?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Posting quality has been off the charts these last few days. Well done everyone.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

I'm going to embrace the incoming red flag

You're getting a text from Horner?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diorama posted:

Was Alpine's 2024 car not ready or something? How can they be this bad?

They've invested very little in their factory in recent years, they have way too many layers of bureaucracy, and they're constantly hiring and firing new executives. It's basically all the same mistakes McLaren was making pre-Zak.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That's a pretty good time from Lando on used softs

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

New tires vs used tires folks, relax

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can you guys please turn on the commentary so you can hear when they tell you that Perez is on used tires and Verstappen isn't

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ilmucche posted:

People were fighting in the street outside, I missed that

Well obviously that takes priority

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

fart barterer posted:

They're not showing Horner at all at this point.

I usually don't get to watch quali -- having P9 be half a second off seems pretty competitive, no?

Yeah, the same gap last year was over a second.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Can't believe you guys talked about the Apple TV without me

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Frond posted:

I don’t get why a not-insubstantial part of the fanbase pretends the RedBulls are actually bad or something.

Probably because the rest of the fanbase seems willfully ignorant to the fact that everyone is much closer to Red Bull than last year

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Diorama posted:

I’m calling it, lap 38 Max gets a dodgy upshift and his gearbox explodes in a shower of sparks

He's gonna get torpedoed by Russell into T1 op

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cimber posted:

"I like that suit."
"My wife hates it. HA. HA. HA!"

Who the gently caress was that guy?

Patrice Evra

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bloody Pom posted:

4 second gap already, jesus loving christ

George is on used talent, relax

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Hearing rumors that McLaren, and Formula One, are poo poo.

Hi McLaren and Formula One

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Williams and McLaren both drove away the greatest aerodynamicist in history because the folks in charge had such fragile egos. I wouldn't spend too much time trying to devise logical reasons why Jos would want Horner out.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

serious gaylord posted:

The head of the FIA asked Max to publically back Horner.

Feel like this is something that shouldnt be going on.

That's gotta be it for MBS, that's completely hosed

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

The problem with MBS is that he is the end byproduct of the FIA and the racing community at large being perfectly fine with opaque authoritarian regimes with questionable human rights records dumping money into it to whitewash themselves and their behaviour. He is what the people who voted for him to be president wanted and that is not going away just because he's saying what they're thinking out loud.

Counterpoint: the FIA loves nothing more than swinging their dicks around and feeling important and historically that has meant the exact opposite of going to bat for F1 team principals.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That money comes from broadcasters, sponsors, and fans, all of whom don't want the bad press Horner is attracting. We've already seen this from Ford. Any sane person would want Horner out even if that sane person is overtly corrupt and only looking to enrich themself. Trying to cover it up makes zero sense from literally any perspective.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

All that money goes to Liberty, FIA gets its money through licensing fees from the teams and circuits. What possible motive would MBS have for just pissing all over liberty's side of the revenue stream by making this poo poo stick around in the news cycle longer ????

What possible motive would he have for trying to cover it up, bud? It doesn't benefit him in one single way, and now it's an even bigger story because the dumbfuck had to involve himself.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you want the story out of the news cycle then you loving fire the guy, end of.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It might be a funny joke to refer to McLaren as McMansion Hell or something in that vein. I am pro-McLaren and take no pleasure in reporting this.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It's incredible how Adrian Newey is a literal cheat code who guarantees you will win championships and yet teams cannot stop pissing him off.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the milk machine posted:

has anyone ever said "martin grundle"

the milk machine posted:

i decided to put on a race today while i "worked" and randomly ended up on the 94 japanese gp at suzuka (seems like f1tv doesn't want to show the really bad races from 94)

it's pouring rain from the get go; at one point it starts hailing and they let them keep racing

martin grundle spins off the track and hits a marshal working to clear another wreck, causing the marshal to fly through the air. they never mention the marshal or ask whether he was ok, even while they show the replay over and over

katayama spins out on the main straight and hits the pit wall. they pull him out of the car and he can't walk or put weight on at least one foot and the cameras show them helping him hobble back to the pits. i feel like there's no way they'd put that on tv now

wild stuff, some really good racing near the end though

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

In your defense, I have absolutely no recollection of 2021.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

My 8 bay NAS has been delayed due to an undisclosed mechanical issue according to purolator.

This is a deeply confusing post for Americans

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yeah but why would Americans want to visit the F1 thread

To root for Logan Sargeant, of course

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I love when there's 50 new comments in here and I think something new happened with Horner, but it's really just people arguing about angles. Please never change.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He's in until he's out. That's how it works.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Folks really don't need to keep pretending like there's a mystery here

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

If you guys keep being mean about Kate Wagner I'm gonna start posting like it's 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tony quidprano posted:

what's your substack and how do I sign up to pay for a substack?

I believe you have to pay in gold Krugerrands these days