Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I was wondering why the other thread wasn’t moving. I still doubt the Jets sign Minshew. But they are definitely going to have to cut Wilson, no one is going to trade for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Douglas has nothing to lose, might as well go big. If they don’t make the playoffs this year he’s fired, and then it’s someone else’s mess.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Why can’t we ever have anything nice?

Also when are they cutting Wilson?

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Phobeste posted:

Aaron rodgers: it seems pretty tough to get thaaaat many people to those camps. Trust me they can’t even get ME to go

This is great.

I think other than trades there’s not much the Jets can do in FA. Last year the selling point was Rodgers. Now it’s a 40 year old Rodgers who might have rushed back from a major injury. Hackett is a hack, Saleh seems lost, and everyone is probably fired unless they make the playoffs. I don’t blame anyone for not wanting to sign here. They should have ripped off the band aid, fired everyone, let go of Rodgers, and started a rebuild fresh.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

bears are giving their rookie QB a better pair of WR than the jets have ever had in their history lol lmao.

i'm going to be happier when joe douglas is fired than any other firing since i've been a sports fan.

Keyshawn/Chrebet
Coles/Moss (at least I remember them being 1/2 together for a season or two)

Douglas is acting like he’s been offered anything past this season, which makes no sense.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know there’s mixed opinions on Fields (and McMagic hates him), but for a 6th/possible 4th he was worth a shot if you consider this Rodgers last season. The team is going to be too good next season to get a QB through the draft. Worst case scenario after this season you give him a 1 year prove it deal ala Jordan Love.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Jets before FA
“We aren’t making big splashes in FA”
The Jets a day after a big signing or trade
“We were in on them, but it ended up not working out”

I’m so sick and tired of this dance from a billion dollar NFL team that raises prices after bad seasons. Like the Islanders are fine doing it because their finances are questionable. But I’m tired of hearing it from the Jets.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Has to be a hot take tweet to get responses. In 34 games Wilson never threw more than 2 TDs and only threw 2 TDs 7 times. And in his “final game” he was 4/11 for 26 yards and had less then 2.5 yards an attempt.

If Fields went for a 6th, Wilson is worthless. Even Hackenburg got traded for “something”

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I’m excited to watch him be nothing more then a camp arm, playing in the 4th quarters of preseason games and still throwing INTs against guys on the verge of being cut

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

When you draft a QB into a lovely roster you end up with the same interminable arguments about if he's playing bad because he sucks or because he has no talent around him for pretty much his whole rookie contract.

I think good young QBs on bad teams tend to at least show enough to keep them around. Stroud was supposed to be going to a team with an awful roster. Kyler Murray as a rookie on a team that previously had 3 wins only got the same team to 5 wins but he threw for nearly a 1000 more yards than the team had the previous season.

I think if your in love with a QB, go for it. But don’t trade up if your plan is just to draft whoever falls to you.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I can’t believe Zach Wilson is still on the team. It’s free goodwill for the team if they just bite the bullet and cut him. Who cares about getting a 7th round pick or whatever they are trying to get for him.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Tom Brady teasing a return and I am all in for him dying behind the Patriots line.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
I know I have only been posting about Wilson, but since voluntary workouts have just started and he announced that he isn’t attending, I read somewhere that pretty much the Jets would owe him 5 mil if they cut him and 1.4 mil if he was claimed off waivers. Such a ridiculously small amount to give a poo poo about if your an NFL franchise, especially one that just raised the cost of tickets for a team that was sub 500 and hasn’t made the playoffs in over 10 years. The Johnsons are embarrassing, even the cheapest teams in the league would have cut Wilson before now.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Sean Payton is a moron. I can’t believe anyone traded for him.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
My only good Zach Wilson memory is getting off the plane in Seattle and my wife looking to improve my mood was like “hey cheer up the Jets won!” and immediately seeing the QB statline below the score and not knowing why Rodgers only had 1 pass and Wilson had obviously played the whole game. Truthfully going to be tough to top that moment.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Excited for the draft in 4 years now, when the Jets are drafting another QB and the Vikings have a franchise QB while the Jordan Love led Packers have won the Super Bowl twice. Meanwhile in Pittsburgh the Tomlin led Steelers with Fields at QB still don’t have a season under .500

Going for the big brained trifecta here.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

So you have the Jets drafting a bust QB in 2026 and then cutting bait on him after 2 years to draft a QB in 28?

They are going to somehow draft someone so bad that we miss Zach Wilson but he still gets a second season and we miss out on drafting a good QB cause we take a CB or OT who bombs

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
https://twitter.com/EliManning/status/1787478294754967819

Put Eli in the Hall before Brady

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

t a s t e posted:

Bottom five skill group in the league???

Best skill group in the AFC East!

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
Please let the funniest thing ever happen with the Jets opening on MNF. I would laugh so much, all the pain up to this point would be worth it

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014
If the Jets don’t at least make the playoffs this season, this has to be the worst trade in franchise history for them?

Usually when people list the teams worst trades for the team, the Belichik trade is usually number one. But in all honesty getting anything for a guy who doesn’t want to coach your team is a win. Plus who could have possibly predicted the weird run of events that would kick off his Pats run.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

tarbrush posted:

It's a bad trade for sure, but given that he gave some money back and the pick they lost wasn't too high it's nowhere near the scale of the Watson or Wilson trades. I don't think it'll be remembered as an all time gently caress up, just a risk that didn't work.

I just mean in Franchise history. It feels like the Jets haven’t made a lot of trades. Most of the lists I googled real quick had the Tebow trade, and the trades for the Darnold and Sanchez draft picks. I honestly can’t think of too many trades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

mcmagic posted:

I doubt the vikings will be all that good. They have no QB

The Jets lose every time you say this. The only time they didn’t was when they played the Hackett Broncos, Wilson was out and the Broncos started someone that would have been 3rd string on any other team. And the Jets still barely won, mostly cause the Broncos QB threw a bunch of INTs