Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
COPE VS PENTA 44 59.46%
LIONHOOK SHIBATA VS STP 4 5.41%
OKADA VS A GUY 6 8.11%
MAY VS JAY 6 8.11%
JOE VS RHODES 14 18.92%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Just caught up on the rest of the show and Mariah May getting another insane friend was a real unexpected treat :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/59hd6JZ.mp4

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

Okada is incredible, even In squashes. No selling and being bored. Hell yeah

The look of pure glee on Okada's face as he was prepping to whap PAC with the chair the first time was amazing :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Trying posted:

as a person comfortably in the forum demo (old) I mainly wince when anybody lands on their knees

For me it is when somebody does a moonsault or something but lands directly on their feet, and the impact on their ankles travels across time and space to make me go,"AHHHHHH!!!!"

remusclaw posted:

I think it pays to remember that anytime this happens now its better than 50/50 that they are just trying to up their bargaining power so they can get paid better on their next contract.

I think it was Braun Strowman a few years ago who responded to Meltzer saying,"With AEW now a viable 2nd option, many wrestlers are interested in exploring their options for the best deal when their contracts are up" by going,"NOT ME! I'LL RE-SIGN WITH WWE NO MATTER WHAT THEY OFFER ME!"? And people were like,"Dude... he's trying to help you..."

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I love Tony Schiavone very much and I want nothing but good things for him.

:yeah:

The redemption and rejuvenation of Tony Schiavone into the world of pro-wrestling is legit one of the nicest things to have seen happen over the last few years. I am so glad his legacy isn't going to remain,"The burned out guy who hated his job and became an in-joke" like it seemed it would after WCW died.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still laugh thinking about pre-AEW Schiavone had Bryan Alvarez blocked on Twitter for saying he sucked as a commentator. Then he heard second-hand that Bryan had pointed out he only said that Tony sucked as a commentator at the end of WCW, and Tony said,"Oh well that's fair enough" and unblocked him :allears:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Chris Hero's final line in the silent film is :discourse:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shota vs. Perry was incredible, absolutely something to watch from pre-entrances to exits.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mr Hootington posted:

I figured out how to watch aew on the platforms I use so I was wondering how lost would I be if I just started watching with the April shows?

The current shows will get you caught up fine, either explicitly or because things (mostly) just make sense: there's a wrestler who dislikes another wrestler, and they're gonna sort this poo poo out by beating the gently caress out of each other.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:sickos:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

It's sometimes easy to forget how loving incredible a unit the Don Callis Family is.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

According to Dante, Darius successfully got his pilots license. :toot:

Nice! Was so relieved when we found out he wasn't injured and even happier that he succeeded. I guess it isn't so much pressure when you know if the plane stalls you can just jump out and do flips all the way down and land safely on your feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Just catching up on the thread...

MassRafTer posted:

https://www.realrasslin.net/post/aew-potentially-punished-by-archaic-oklahoma-athletic-commission

Someone dug up something troublesome, the Oklahoma SAC has at least discussed taking action against AEW for Nyla Rose's match last December. Oklahoma has some incredibly archaic rules regarding intergender wrestling and as you can imagine how they classify transgender athletes.

and I wanted to say...

Ganso Bomb posted:

gently caress Oklahoma, burn it to the ground