Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EzraGronlund
Apr 20, 2024
Title says it all. Need some people who were around earlier than 2014 to tell me if the original backrooms picture was ever on this website, in any thread. I just need to know if you remember seeing it anywhere, not where it is specifically. Thanks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

this feels like a curse

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

EzraGronlund posted:

Title says it all. Need some people who were around earlier than 2014 to tell me if the original backrooms picture was ever on this website, in any thread. I just need to know if you remember seeing it anywhere, not where it is specifically. Thanks.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
bump

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

backrooms picture megathread

BigWeirdSashimi
Jul 10, 2019

lumpentroll posted:

backrooms picture megathread

Liminal hours, liminal picturess

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

ok i googled this and its boring

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

lumpentroll posted:

ok i googled this and its boring

bump

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

:synpa:

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
placeholder

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

first

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Do you all remember when The Witcher TV show was good for like half a season of television?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael posted:

Do you all remember when The Witcher TV show was good for like half a season of television?

no

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

yes op this pic inspired slenderman which is copyrighted by us. we'll see your punk rear end in court

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

The first episode was cool.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Nichael posted:

The first episode was cool.

yes but thats not half a season

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

that's the show where superman sends bridge trolls into the phantom zone

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I think it's good that Zoomers are afraid of "what if a brightly lit room worked like a video game" instead of nonsensical fears like snakes and assault

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

lumpentroll posted:

yes but thats not half a season

Well excuse me for not knowing math like you, acclaimed Professor and Little St. James tourist, Stephen Hawking.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

The horror of the backrooms comes from being in a familiar feeling situation where the complete unknown is just outside of your vision. That's why the back rooms, like peek-a-boo, is so terrifying to experience.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

why do you lie to the boy

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The horror of the backrooms comes from being in a familiar feeling situation where the complete unknown is just outside of your vision. That's why the back rooms, like peek-a-boo, is so terrifying to experience.

are you from there

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

EzraGronlund posted:

Looking into this, OP.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Yeah sorry. I hit the post button really hard and clipped in there in 2009.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

I place my hand on the wall in a conference room of a Hollywood production company and say, "It's interesting that I can put my hand on this wall, and it doesn't go through the wall. But what if you could walk through the wall, and when you walk through the wall, you get really scared of the fluorescent lighting in there?"

The executives glance a knowing look at eachother and nod in agreement. The CEO unzips his trousers

Apr 26, 2024

Memories of a functional society - The Spaceape

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Check the old astral projection threads

my_custom_username
Nov 30, 2023

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

getting hosed in the backrooms politics

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I think it's good that Zoomers are afraid of "what if a brightly lit room worked like a video game" instead of nonsensical fears like snakes and assault

their afraid of proof that the economy peaked before they were even born.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

lobster shirt posted:

getting hosed in the backrooms politics

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Oldies? Any updates on this?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It wasn't, no. Both the Image and the text that spawned the subgenre are both 4chan originals, or they both originally showed up there (but the image may have been taken from some further obscure site that isn't known). Neither were from here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Grapplejack posted:

It wasn't, no. Both the Image and the text that spawned the subgenre are both 4chan originals, or they both originally showed up there (but the image may have been taken from some further obscure site that isn't known). Neither were from here.

:corsair: