Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

my bony fealty posted:

there was a period of a whole lot of sort of similar sounding female-fronted doomy/occult rock/Sabbath clone bands popping up around 2010. the only ones I still really listen to are Blood Ceremony, Electric Citizen, and Purson but there are legit so many.

Blues pills, Lucifer, The Well, Devil Electric all fit that bill pretty well too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zapf Dingbat
Jan 9, 2001

Laserface posted:

my buddies Robot God released a new album today, Portal Within. kinda fits the 'no harsh vocals' chat at the moment too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O79KipvcjhM

physical/digital etc on their bandcamp.

Nice. I come to the this thread for music to help me concentrate at work and this fits the bill.

Repeating that back to myself that sounds like an insult, but it couldn't be any worse than saying you get high while listening to this stuff.

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

my bony fealty posted:

there was a period of a whole lot of sort of similar sounding female-fronted doomy/occult rock/Sabbath clone bands popping up around 2010. the only ones I still really listen to are Blood Ceremony, Electric Citizen, and Purson but there are legit so many.

Jex Thoth was a personal favorite of mine, specifically their second album. It has such a sleepy but heavy sound, I don't know of a whole lot like it. Jess and the Ancient Ones is great, especially their first album and EP... Blood Ceremony and Purson are both great, The Devil's Blood is another really good one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvgtiVE9v-A

Additionally, and probably similarly, Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard's Jessica Ball released an album with her new band Eye today. Sounds like if MWWB released a sleepy alternative album. They call it 'gothic electro-doom' and I guess it fits.

https://eye-uk.bandcamp.com/album/dark-light

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 26, 2024

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

oh yeah Jex Thoth rips I listen to them a lot still too. only found out years later that she was married to Jackson Toth from Wooden Wand who was also part of the group. he has some neat stuff.

Witch Mountain is another one my faves, I'm not as keen on their newer singer as the old one but all their stuff is good. Mobile of Angels is a 10/10 album.

homewrecker
Feb 18, 2010

Fart of Presto posted:

drat, I just found out that Acid King plays here in Copenhagen on May 8th.

I got to know this band through this thread, and it's still one of my favorites in this genre, so I'm pretty stoked.

I listen to every band/track being posted here, and a lot of them are not really me (growling/screaming just doesn't do it for me), but I was wondering if there were any other bands like Acid King that are worth looking into, like newer bands and/or less known outside their local area, but with the same heavy, slow riffs, and if vocals are present, the same style where it's a clear singing voice?

I don't know if this fits what you're looking for but I'd definitely recommend checking out True Widow anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82qoobOs1go

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

This is cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Zapf Dingbat posted:

Nice. I come to the this thread for music to help me concentrate at work and this fits the bill.

Repeating that back to myself that sounds like an insult, but it couldn't be any worse than saying you get high while listening to this stuff.

My office mate and I listen to tons of this kind of stuff while we work. I'd say it's high praise, not an insult.