Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wayne posted:

If an LP is resurrected and nobody comments, is it still alive? :iiam: Bumping because I completely missed this; I was on vacation when you updated, heh.

I am glad it is backish and that you brought it to my more immediate attention. I was probably dealing with too much snow and such to notice back when the update hit :v:

EDIT: and now said update is on the previous page :doh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Wayne posted:

If an LP is resurrected and nobody comments, is it still alive? :iiam: Bumping because I completely missed this; I was on vacation when you updated, heh.
Heh. I am going to update this weekend, come hell or high water. (Well, may be not high water - I live a long way from the river)

quote:

You had some pretty terrible luck with Quelaag, heh. It reminds me of the first couple times I ever tried fighting her; she's actually kind of intimidating: she's about as tall as the Taurus Demon but bigger around, and the spider leg clacking is really loud, plus it's easy to panic and get boxed in by the lava sprays. I actually wimped out and just kept rolling away and blasting her with Heavy Soul Arrows, heh. In true Souls fashion eventually you figure out the tricks (like the blind spot alongside her arms), and if push comes to shove she's still a demon; lightning ruins her day. It's not for nothing that Domnhall sells 3 gold pine resins and a high base damage enchantable weapon right before a dragon and a demon series of bosses if you need 'em.

Tell me about it. When I did my test run I got her first or second go. For the recording run I just kept almost getting her then making a stupid mistake.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

It's time for Sens' House of fun!

This was honestly a pretty flawless run; the only accidental death I had was slipping off the tower stairs whilst going for the cage key, though there were a couple of close moments.

If I can play Dark Souls, so can you.

Episode 12 - Sens' House of fun

From next episode on we're going to be focusing more on key features of the levels - traps, secrets, tricky bits and bosses rather than complete runs.

I still have to go into the woods and show off the Hydra and Butterfly too - they're a bit odd to place into the sequence of zones.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Most of my deaths at Sens were from the fact I lost all sense of timing when backtracking for stuff I had missed starting from that GameFAQs place bonfire. :downs: "Oh, I made it through here no problem, so going back will be easy*splat* well that must have been a fluk*splat* Dad I don't like this place any*splat*"

Probably would have been a lot more loving up the jump to the merchant guy if my health was lower.

With the return of the black Iron knights, I am so loving mad that their jumbo mace isn't a drop :argh:

EDIT: Oh I know, but they weren't the ones I waaaanteddddd :qq: (on that note, large club never DID drop for me)

My first run through was basically "How did I ever get by without this Bastard Sword? It's like a giant longsword-oh wait,make that how did I ever get by without this Snakeman sword now that I can one hand it :black101:"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Mar 18, 2015

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Section Z posted:

With the return of the black Iron knights, I am so loving mad that their jumbo mace isn't a drop :argh:

You can't get their mace, but there are some huge hammers and maces to come. :D

And yeah, backtracking through the blades seems harder than approching them the right way around. As an aside, I'm sure that the last bridge was a lot narrower the first time I played.

Angrymog fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 18, 2015

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Man, the Catarina helmet is pretty great. (And probably impossible to see out of.)

There's a weird doubling effect on the audio in the last video, which can be noticed especially when the characters are talking. What's up with that?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Microphone picked up the voices - it got it out in the big bits of speech, but the shorter sentences were too fiddly :(

I'll go back to the headset mic. for the next one, or try and position the mic better. One of those annoying things you don't notice until after you record.

And yeah, the Catarina helm is pretty silly. The entire armor is really, but it's the helm that crowns it.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Another question: Will you be doing the DLC?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

LoonShia posted:

Another question: Will you be doing the DLC?

Yes, but I know I'll need to summon for Kalameet, so hoping there'll still be enough activity in game for that :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne
Oct 18, 2014

He who fights too long against dragons becomes a dragon himself

Angrymog posted:

Microphone picked up the voices - it got it out in the big bits of speech, but the shorter sentences were too fiddly :(

Huh, weird, to me it sounded like all the dialogue was "doubled." I actually would've suggested dumping the game track and just using your audio if you still had the raws, but then I think your mic just got the speech, not the music or sound effects. OBS's built-in noise gate is definitely more of a chainsaw than a scalpel; if you can pinpoint the loudest the background sound ever gets without overriding your mic then it'll work, otherwise you get randomly muted one way or audio slipping through like you did the other way. :/

As for Sen's, the snakeceresses doing magic damage explains so much. I remember using the Eagle Shield my first time there and wondering why it wasn't helping. :doh: At least we can trade advice this time: the man-serpents actually don't have that much poise, it's just that they're the first enemies to have more than 20 (the cutoff point for spears and straightswords I want to say is 15). On my stream, light attacks from two-handing the gargoyle axe staggered them just fine. :black101: And of course the zweihander utterly destroys them; they'll almost always rush in and do the lunging stab if they approach from a distance, and will walk into the R2 overhead every time.

Section Z posted:

EDIT: Oh I know, but they weren't the ones I waaaanteddddd :qq: (on that note, large club never DID drop for me)

Their mace is just an oversized version of the one you can use. I feel your pain, but DS1 definitely provides when it comes to "giant bludgeons" in the near future. ;) And the large club is inordinately rare, yeah. Unlike the channeler's trident, I've only gotten one once without farming.

You can get the Berenike knights' greatswords (they drop them, plus the merchant Mog talked to this video sells them), but they're basically worse zweihanders.

Angrymog posted:

From next episode on we're going to be focusing more on key features of the levels - traps, secrets, tricky bits and bosses rather than complete runs.

Still kind of dubious about the idea, guess it'll depend on how you edit it. I definitely get not wanting to spoil too much of the game for new players, but DS1's second half is pretty infamously worse than its first; feels kind of mean to reveal all the good stuff to lure people in then leave them hanging in Lost Izalith and whatnot. :v: But it's a fun LP and I'll keep up regardless!

• Locked thread