Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

John Brown posted:

Cowboys pick up Amobi Okeye. Any chance Ron Marinelli can turn his career around?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350787/article/dallas-cowboys-amobi-okoye-strike-contract

These exact same words were written by Bears fans like two years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

R.D. Mangles posted:

These exact same words were written by Bears fans like two years ago.

It'd be nice if it worked out and all but I don't think anyone has super high expectations and if they do then lol

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Azhais posted:

Not sure if this is really free agency news (or news at all), but:

Daryl Richardson claimed by the Jets (Rams waived)
Matt Scott claimed by the Bengals (Jaguars waived)

I made a thread for roster transations/projections, in case people haven't seen it.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

@NFLonFOX
After working out for the Ravens, Jerry Rice Jr. is heading to SF for a tryout w/ the 49ers.

They have to sign him, right?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

commy gun posted:

@NFLonFOX
After working out for the Ravens, Jerry Rice Jr. is heading to SF for a tryout w/ the 49ers.

They're not going to, just like they didn't sign the lovely Montana son.

(The 'good' Montana son isn't actually very good either but he could at least potentially make an NFL roster)

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Montana and Rice bloodlines are inferior to the Sanders and Manning bloodlines

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Chiefs signed J'Marcus Webb because we really want to have the Worst O-Line

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Intruder posted:

The Montana and Rice bloodlines are inferior to the Sanders and Manning bloodlines

How bizarre that the superior football bloodline resulted in two QBs who look like inbred hicks.

Iron Clad Lou
Feb 12, 2008

Vikings sign Mike Zimmer

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

commy gun posted:

@NFLonFOX

He had like 100 career yards in college or something like that, right?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

shiksa posted:

He had like 100 career yards in college or something like that, right?

How many did Jimmy Graham have? :smug:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
As many as Antonio Gates, so he was obviously destined to be pretty awesome.

e: poo poo I've been cheated, Graham had a ton more yards than Gates did in college.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Jr has all the athleticism you'd want out of a deep threat but welp he can't catch the deep ball worth poo poo.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Parmesan Basil posted:

Chiefs signed J'Marcus Webb because we really want to have the Worst O-Line

Maybe they dislike Alex Smith as much as you do.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think as far as bloodlines go its hard to go past the matthews family.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

BlindSite posted:

I can't find the pic right now but right after the draft I saw a pic somewhere of Jake with his 8th grade brother who was almost the same size as him

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

BlindSite posted:

Casey is pure poo poo though.

Zypher
Sep 3, 2009

Rutgers

Your 2006
Mythical National
Champions!

Intruder posted:

I can't find the pic right now but right after the draft I saw a pic somewhere of Jake with his 8th grade brother who was almost the same size as him

8th grade brother on right

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

SlipUp posted:

Jr has all the athleticism you'd want out of a deep threat but welp he can't catch the deep ball worth poo poo.

Not Sr's fault the kid doesn't have the initiative to juggle some loving bricks

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Zypher posted:

Yo that's less impressive when you point out he's been held back like 15 times.:colbert:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Casey is pure poo poo though.

4 for 5 is pretty loving good all things considered

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grozz Nuy posted:

4 for 5 is pretty loving good all things considered

4 for 7, Clay Matthews Sr didn't do anything in the NFL either

Clay Jr, Clay III, Bruce, Jake

Then there's Casey, Kevin and Clay Sr

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Casey Matthews traded in his football genes for some facial features that made him look like something other than a horrible caveman-Frankenstein monster.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Zypher posted:

Lol could you imagine being an 8th grade defensive end against that?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Volkerball posted:

Lol could you imagine being an 8th grade defensive end against that?

His coach probably just uses him as a giant running back

ProfessorGroove
Jun 10, 2006

by Ion Helmet
Casey Matthews isn't a very good nfl player but he's still an nfl player which is more than I can say about any of my cousins.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

His coach probably just uses him as a giant running back

I want Leach to sign this kid
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X9WwxzZ8E4

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

I love how they try to circle him like we have trouble identifying the guy that is three times larger than everyone else on the field.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

shiksa posted:

Casey Matthews traded in his football genes for some facial features that made him look like something other than a horrible caveman-Frankenstein monster.

The Matthews family is fine standing next to AJ Hawk.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

If he loses 50 pounds maybe they can convert him to a DT but he looks hella slow so maybe not. :/

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

A Pale Horse posted:

If he loses 50 pounds maybe they can convert him to a DT but he looks hella slow so maybe not. :/

I'm dreaming of him somehow making it to the pros as a running back and carrying on Lynch's power running legacy for the Seahawks. It's a pipe dream, but I still want to see an NFL secondary trying to tackle a dude who is that big.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Chichevache posted:

I'm dreaming of him somehow making it to the pros as a running back and carrying on Lynch's power running legacy for the Seahawks. It's a pipe dream, but I still want to see an NFL secondary trying to tackle a dude who is that big.

They would just Gronkowski his knees. That's the reason we don't see more giant running backs.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

They would just Gronkowski his knees. That's the reason we don't see more giant running backs.

High school coaches don't take enough cues from Cobra Kai if you ask me.

RealDeadTom
Mar 12, 2014

A Pale Horse posted:

He just needs to work on short burst speed and he'll be the next fridge XD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Rasczak posted:

It'd be nice if it worked out and all but I don't think anyone has super high expectations and if they do then lol

A perfectly fine "let's take a flyer on a former first-round pick" deal. Probably not gonna work out but then again he can't be worse than the team's current D-line depth

• Locked thread