Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

chitoryu12 posted:

Yep. I like to get it because it ensures that the guys I grenade are out of the fight altogether.

That's kind of my point. Sure, he had to suffer through finding guys in the first place. But once he found them, couldn't he fling grenades with abandon and not have to worry about accidentally killing them before shocking them to the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CzarChasm posted:

That's kind of my point. Sure, he had to suffer through finding guys in the first place. But once he found them, couldn't he fling grenades with abandon and not have to worry about accidentally killing them before shocking them to the ground?

If you've got the upgrade, yeah. As far as I know you can just fling them around and they'll just disable whoever they hit rather than killing them. Just make sure that they don't get blown over a ledge or anything.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Given what they've done with/to Sasha, what did the First Sons want out of the Raysphere, I wonder? Cole working as a giant power turbine for some giant attack craft?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Use it to give chosen soldiers superpowers? Imagine a Cole who already had complete loyalty to the First Sons.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Something I just thought of, does anything ever come from that loudmouth on the TV that tried turning everyone against us and just generally stirring up poo poo?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

CzarChasm posted:

Something I just thought of, does anything ever come from that loudmouth on the TV that tried turning everyone against us and just generally stirring up poo poo?

You never get to run into him, but I know there's at least one more transmission from him.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Trojan Kaiju posted:

You never get to run into him, but I know there's at least one more transmission from him.

That's actually what I think is maybe the worst thing this game did. They put this guy that antagonizes you through the whole game, and then you never get to confront him. Even just to say 'hey, please stop that.'

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

Aaaand that is it for the game. Still one update left which are the Dead Drops (audio logs) and "Thoughts On" where Jester and I discuss this game!

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

The final boss annoyed me by having a checkpoint. I almost took him out in one attempt and I thought I could just simply do better next time but the game deprived me of that opportunity by giving him only 1/4 of his life bar back. I recently realised I could have tried reloading my save but by then I'd already sold the game several years before lol.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I expect that the loss of karma at the end is from using Karmic Overload - your end total is closer to neutral than when it was maxed at the start of the mission, so the game dutifully tells you that you lost some karma.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I'll admit, I didn't see that twist coming. I had a little hint of it in the boss battle - "Oh, he has lightning powers. That's weird. I don't think we saw anyone else with lightning powers before..."

I also like that it works in that comic book kind of way.

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

The twist really helps add context to Sasha's mad ravings in her boss fight. She probably found out from her telepathy before escaping and leading a gang.

It is a little disappointing that the game does not actually resolve the Sasha sideplot. It also leaves Alden as "probably alive," which you would THINK would work as additional sequel bait.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010
I will talk about this in the upcoming thoughts on buuuut . .

None of the side-plots are resolved with games. What happens with Moya, Sasha and Cole/Zeke's relationship are addressed in a five or six issue comic that came out a little bit before inFamous 2. I will go in depth into that when I get around to starting that LP

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

So I watched through the good side of the whole LP since when I played through the game I went evil. Though I never completed it (stopped when I got to the 3rd island.) I might go back and watch the evil videos though.

This game is pretty interesting conceptually but I don't think it quite reaches it's potential. I'd love to see more super hero-esque open world games though.

As for the rest of the series: I only watched a bits and pieces of my younger brother playing through the second game and that seems interesting I suppose. There is a cannon ending for this one though, right?
For Second Son, that game looked a lot less interesting and as someone who lives in Seattle it kind of disappoints me how much that game's world isn't very Seattle-like. Though it's interesting because the developers are located in Bellevue, WA and Second Son's world looks a lot more like Bellevue. But I guess I could whine more about that if there's an lP done of that game.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010
Time for the final update!

Not much left to say about this game that we didn't talk about in the Thoughts On video but I hope you all had a fun time and I look forward to seeing some of you again when we start inFamous 2

Also I started up a different LP with the game Velocity Ultra if you care to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Thanks for the closing thoughts!

It really strikes me that Kessler being Cole doesn't really have any impact on the plot, aside from a drama punch to the snoot. Anybody who studied Cole for long enough would have come up with the same ways to mess with him.

• Locked thread