Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

calcio posted:

The problem with both reds are the refs were just following FIFA's orders before the WC that any studs shown are a red. Not to mention concacaf and caf refs.
this is where "just following orders" get you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
What happened to the FIFA recommendation of "All tackles from behind are reds"? I've only seen it applied in the Mexican league years ago but everywhere else it seems like it depends on the tackle.

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.

Sandwolf posted:

I have watched Marchisio's red card a dozen times, and I still don't loving see how it's a red, it's hardly a yellow.

It almost makes me angrier Suarez' bit someone because now there's no loving attention on the worst reffing I have ever seen and all about the loving cannibal.

I got into a nasty argument with the workmates for this. One of them said, that not red carding Suarez didn't influence the outcome. Sure, allowing Uruguay play with 11 instead of 10 didn't give them an advantage.

The referees need in general need to have Pierluigi Colina come out of retirement to kick their asses. There were a crapload of fouls. Including one where an Uruguayan player basically performed a Pankration/Sambo hold and threw an Italian player to the ground.

Edit: I'm not into non-World Cup football but I think that "intentionality" should count, regarding the tackle from behind. You can see Marchisio lift his leg to try and cushion the impact. If he had wanted to hurt that Uruguayan player, he would have aimed for the meniscus or the ankle. This is the organization that only gave a yellow card to Goikoetxea when he ruptured Maradona's ankle ligaments. Injuries like that should go with a red and year suspension.

TerryLennox fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jun 26, 2014

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Imagine if Pirlo's free kick came off the head of Buffon and went in... I'm pretty sure that might've been the best moment of the world cup.

• Locked thread