Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
...wha...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
This game is so disappointing. I expected more physics-breaking and sweet vehicle mods from a premise as stupid as this.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
It's hard not to just repeat how incredibly amazing this poo poo is after every update. Just like, what the heck. Gay Construction Vehicle Dueling Drama is never something I thought to experience before and don't think will ever happen again.

It's like, literally unique.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
The most touching romance scene I've ever witnessed. :allears:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
...Are we sure this game isn't a cutting satire of some Japan-only anime type or something?

Dectilon
Aug 15, 2008

Remember that thou wast a servant in the land of LP, and that the Lord thy Master brought thee out thence through mighty balls and a stretched out dive.
Dectilon 5:15
Wait... I get the animals but...

Ztarlit_Sky
Mar 4, 2014
Nap Ghost
Well, that was something alright.

Not sure what the meaning of the two fighter jets or the two rockets is though.

If nothing else, this game has more diversity and tolerance than most mainstream AAA games have. Which is a pretty sad fact all things considered.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Ztarlit_Sky posted:

Penis. The meaning is penis.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

lol dolphins

I have to ask: is cutting away to dolphins a Thing in Japan? Because to be honest, I wasn't expecting such a thing to appear again in my lifetime.

I know that this update is :psyduck: as gently caress, but my mind has refused to let go of this question. I mean it's just...what is this I don't even

The Wizard of Oz
Feb 7, 2004

Aw, how sweet.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Dr. Snark posted:

lol dolphins

I have to ask: is cutting away to dolphins a Thing in Japan? Because to be honest, I wasn't expecting such a thing to appear again in my lifetime.

I know that this update is :psyduck: as gently caress, but my mind has refused to let go of this question. I mean it's just...what is this I don't even
The roses that kept cropping up are the traditional symbol of homosexuality for Japan, as this Short film on the subject explains. Cannot recommend it enough.

Bottlenose Dolphins are one of several animals to engage in homosexual thangs also.

Ztarlit_Sky posted:

Well, that was something alright.

If nothing else, this game has more diversity and tolerance than most mainstream AAA games have. Which is a pretty sad fact all things considered.
Do the words "Phallic Imagery" mean much to you? Please take a look at this blob and tell me what you see:

Longinus00
Dec 29, 2005
Ur-Quan

anilEhilated posted:

...Are we sure this game isn't a cutting satire of some Japan-only anime type or something?

Maybe it's part of the same classification as Cho Aniki?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jesus Christ, this is the greatest worst idea for a game ever. How did I miss this for so long.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

I wouldn't believe any of this if I weren't seeing it.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Volcano Style told me to.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Truly, every game Midas Interactive touches turns to gold.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

alcharagia posted:

Volcano Style told me to.

Wow, are you still alive? :stare:

This update is loving amazing, by the way.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
There are no words.

I'd post an audacity log of my response, but silence just doesn't seem worth it.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So Beth and Jake went off to fight each other, while our protagonist didn't care and walked away to get lunch.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
Holy poo poo this has been a busy month. There'll be an update tomorrow and there's actual plot this time. Sorry guys.

I am of course sorry about the plot.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
If The Dark Id has taught me anything, it's that LP quality is directly proportional to the time between updates.

It's business as usual at Kongo Construction, no doubt having taken just as long to get their poo poo together as I have mine.

- ...By the way, Matsubayama, have you seen Kyoko?

- No. Sometimes she just...disappears.

- I think I can guess why.

- You've noticed it too?

- Of course! I'm not the boss for nothing, you know! I've got my eye on all the details, at all times.

- ...Yeah. I'll go look for her.

A smart move by Matsubayama, who barely makes it three steps before...intruige!

Yuuki - We're not finished here yet! Look, okay!?

- I'm saying I don't want to! Let me go, Yuuki!

- That's a Shurabe Corp uniform...

Meanwhile, the gang gathers up again to find out the results of their next job.

- Yes. So, it has to be decided by another method... Most likely, Construction Vehicle Battle.

I was going to make a joke about how they should resolve it in some way far more fun like legal proceedings, but I screenshotted this update nearly two months ago and I still wish I'd spent that time playing Phoenix Wright.

Also, congrats Adachi, you're in the shot this time.

- I have to say, information might be leaking to Shurabe.

- What!? Be careful what you say!! You think there's a Shurabe spy among us, do you?!

- How can you doubt any of us? After all we've been through!

And a line, too. Someone's moving up in the world.

- For a start, if they know our bid, why just match it?

See, my dad actually is a construction manager, so I know that when they're talking about bids being lower, they're talking about offering to do the job for less money for the sake of giving the client a better deal. Part of me is really, really unsure that the dev team knew this.

- ...I guess you have a point.

- Stop the pointless pondering and let's get ready to fight! ...Hahaha, I'm gonna love giving those Shurabe another beating.

- Didn't you want to avoid damaging our machines?

On the way out...

- You...you know...?

Before this riveting plot hook has a chance to progress, we find ourselves at another identical construction site with Mr. M. An.

- This guy is taking things a little far...

- Well then, Shurabe! Who have you got for us today? Hahahahaha!

The music that starts up here is genuinely loving creepy and has me wondering if the cast actually has their own themesongs.

- ...You just giving this one away, are you?

Shiro - Talk big while you can, Hayato. Though I say so myself, a weak looking opponent can often turn out to be the strongest!

Of course this dickbag is here as well.

Narita - If he gets upset then he goes berserk! You'll see yourself soon enough!

- ...Can I just go home?

A lovely, boring fight follows. No new vehicles introduced on either side and we're already recycling vehicles from Hayato.

- Hey! The bids being the same was just a lie!?

Narita - What!? Then we should have got this job!

I still don't believe they get it.

- Since that first battle...I've been hooked! I love to see them fighting!

What follows is the sound of pummelling.

Narita - Why you--!!

And then more pummelling.

- Ugh--!!

drat, Narita, you might have just earned yourself a character icon after all.

- Oh, man. So it was all just that idiot's work. Which means, Matsubayama, that there is no spy after all!

How many 'but thens' am I going to end up throwing into this?

- Hayato! Come quickly! It's Kyoko!

- What? Has she fainted from seeing me in action?

- Just come quickly!

Quickly they go, as we immediately cut to the next screen to meet...the big bad!

- Kyoko!

- And you're Ume Shurabe!

Ume Shurabe, ruthless leader of the Shurabe Corporation finally shows his face - and he's got a hold of Kyoko too! How will our lightning quick witted hero get--

Click the image above for a cutscene!

- Let Kyoko go!

of course

It goes as well as expected and Hayato gets decked.

- Gaaah!

Shurabe - Kongo whelp. If you want to continue breathing, do not take Ume Shurabe as your enemy.

Kyoko is bundled into the back of Shurabe's car, and away they speed!

- Hey, Danoura! Get the car! Get after them!

And the chapter ends on an actual cliffhanger, with so many questions unanswered!

Like 'why the gently caress was this game made'.

Fun fact, the people who made this are still in business. If any of you have played Dragon Ball Battle of Z, you have these guys to thank for yet another game where every character plays identically in an impossible to control environment.

Whatever. See you all in December!

Volcano Style fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Sep 16, 2014

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
:allears:

This game is all sorts of wonderful batshit crazy and you're doing an awesome job with it Volcano Style. This LP really needs more love.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Is Shurabe supposed to be Sean Connery?

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Just found this LP....

What in the actual gently caress!?

I just don't... understand.... anything

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

PotatoManJack posted:

Just found this LP....

What in the actual gently caress!?

I just don't... understand.... anything

Drakengard! Battle Construction Vehicles! That's all you need to know.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I will say I like the idea of someone just wanting to watch construction vehicle battle, so he pretends all the bids are a tie.

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
Goddamnit I'm really bad at this. I'll have a two-part update posted tomorrow - or however many parts gets us up to the part where the plot gets batshit.

Yeah. We're not there yet.

Rogue Lemon
Nov 15, 2012
Holy poo poo. This isn't just the result of watching too much anime with a wicked hangover?

Well, I'm sure it is, but...

I thought i imagined this game, is what I'm getting at.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

Volcano Style posted:

Goddamnit I'm really bad at this. I'll have a two-part update posted tomorrow - or however many parts gets us up to the part where the plot gets batshit.

Yeah. We're not there yet.

Nope. Don't buy it.

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Need more of this beautiful nightmare. Please. Don't leave us hanging!

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE
So in case you're wondering what's taking me so long to update, it would mostly be because I made an attempt to capture and transcript the entire game in one sitting so I'd never have to force myself to capture anything again. It backfired. My computer froze and I basically lost the entire transcript after the game had saved with me having beaten it.

There's no chapter select.

So the idea of forcing myself to play through all of this again is so unbelievably maddening I'm really struggling to force myself to do it.

I will find a way to complete this LP by Christmas.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Wow. How long is this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volcano Style
May 2, 2006

THERE IS ONLY ONE

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Wow. How long is this game?
Like four hours. Of tooth pulling.