Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win it all next year?
This poll is closed.
Spurs 165 32.93%
Thunder 76 15.17%
Clippers 54 10.78%
Warriors 50 9.98%
Rockets 23 4.59%
Lakers 133 26.55%
Total: 501 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Tae posted:

Every time I see Isaiah Thomas play, I think to myself what the gently caress were the Kings thinking

I will always love IT2 for this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2TtyeXgYM8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

The Hawks won tonight! It was all due to two things:

1) Al Horford is really good
2) Grand Hustla Homie

Almost all the NBA previews I read thought Hawks wouldn't make the playoffs when they made it last year and have been perennially decent in the East and had more injuries than almost any East team last year and almost took out Indy in the first. Like they were trying to tank last season and accidentally got 8th seed, surely they are only going to be higher this year.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
N: Klay Thompson with 41 points on the night

V: Owns so hard.

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.

BearDrivingTruck posted:

23 more points than shots

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Yall festively jovial about how bad the lakers are?

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

The look on Kobe's face near the end leads me to think someone will die mysteriously on the Lakers roster

Probably Jeremy Lin

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I said he should wear a neckbrace on the sideline so they stop catching him shaking his head but he really needs to just put one of those masks they put on horses to protect him them from flies.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Haha he's so overpaid, right guys? :colbert:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is any team scared of Klay Thompson? Steph is the man, but I feel like Thompson is hit or miss. I've seen so many games where he is just totally ineffective. I know he has the potential to be a star but I've just never seen it watching live.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

attackmole posted:

Does this mean that Rubio also wasn't overpaid since he had 17 assists?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

doing anything against the Lakers defense (and specifically Kobe in transition) needs a massive asterisk. I watched the scoring highlights and i think that might have been the east 40 I've ever seen anyone drop.

e: the nice thing about Klay though is that he works incredibly hard, so at least you know you're going to be seeing improvement from him until his body starts to decline.

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

RCarr posted:

Is any team scared of Klay Thompson?

What? Yes, of course a top 5 shooter with ball skills and playmaking is someone defenses are scared of. He's like the best possible version of Gordan Hayward.

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

The best way to defend Klay is to make him think it's May

Deus Rex
Mar 5, 2005

Apparently a Redditor in LA had a rough encounter with Swaggy P:

quote:

I'll preface this story by saying I'm a big Laker fan and I've been a Nick Young supporter since he came to our team. I was walking my dog today when I saw a few kids running toward a blue Ferrari stopped in the middle of my street in Tarzana. I see them running all excited to grab their mom to go help them. Then a few seconds later they run back saying "he wouldn't sign it." At that point I went to see what the commotion was about and I saw it was Nick's Ferrari. I took my phone out about 25 feet away just to take a picture and he and his friend start yelling at me. First they throw out some F bombs and then Nick calls me Alladin (I'm brown). At that point I yell back a few f bombs and his 6' 5" friend in the photo comes up to me all agressive and threatens to "beat my rear end" and "kick my dog". Obviously he didn't do jack poo poo in his $200 jeans, but it was still kind of scary. All for taking a picture 25 feet away. What a douchebag. Hope they ship his rear end out of LA.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Deus Rex posted:

"first they throw out some f bombs and then nick calls me aladdin"

lmao rekt

e: nick not putting up with reddits bitch boy paparazzi bullshit makes me like him even more.

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 13:18 on Nov 2, 2014

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
I LOVED everything about that game.

Klay drops 41? Steph drops 30? Kobe scored 28 on 28 shots? Yes please

BIZORT
Jan 24, 2003

Kobe took nothing but tough shots and he was hitting some really ridiculous shots in the second half. It was a fun game and turned into a duel for a bit.

Klay's FT numbers through his career. The last line being this two-game season thus far. That's a big difference

During the Warriors' playoff run two years ago, Klay took 6 FTAs in 495 minutes. That's loving incredible. It's like the statistical representation of a shy introvert at a party

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Is Aladdin a common racial slur? I've never really heard that one before, seems kind of weird.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Chairchucker posted:

Is Aladdin a common racial slur? I've never really heard that one before, seems kind of weird.

Yeah, it's a pretty uncreative one and I would venture mostly aimed at people whose bloodline comes from nowhere near Persia.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Tae posted:

Every time I see Isaiah Thomas play, I think to myself what the gently caress were the Kings thinking

Zach Lowe did an interview with Thomas, and that's where I learned that Cousins and other guys from the Kings organization said stuff like "yeah, some changes, the ball won't stick as much". Because Thomas was the problem last year, DeMarcus. You big baby.

dokmo posted:

What? Yes, of course a top 5 shooter with ball skills and playmaking is someone defenses are scared of. He's like the best possible version of Gordan Hayward.

I'm glad you're around because people keep acting as if Klay was a slightly worse Steve Novak. It was the Lakers, yeah, but Klay had a great game.

Jack's Flow fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Nov 2, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I'm so confused, didn't Cousins average more shot attempts last year than any other year? How many touches was he expecting?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

The ball does "stick" with IT but he's really good so who gives a poo poo. He's basically what we dreamed Tyreke would be but since he's short it didn't matter

And the organization doesn't listen to Cousins for roster advice. He said he wanted to play next to a shot blocker and that didn't happen. Cousins could have said whatever he wanted and the front office would have done what they wanted

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I wonder if Randive called up Thomas and had the entire front office chant Isaiah Does Not Rock Enough To Justify His Salary Demands

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

straight up brolic posted:

"first they throw out some f bombs and then nick calls me aladdin"

lmao rekt

e: nick not putting up with reddits bitch boy paparazzi bullshit makes me like him even more.

Driving a blue Ferrari around LA and then throwing a tantrum when someone takes a picture is loving ridiculous and juvenile.

But we're talking about Nick Young so I guess the bar isn't set that high.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Driving a blue Ferrari around LA and then throwing a tantrum when someone takes a picture is loving ridiculous and juvenile.

he didn't throw the tantrum his entourage, who's job is likely to keep paparazzi away from him, did. he likely just chuckled and called a dude aladdin

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

attackmole posted:

A pretty good game, almost as good as Brandon Jennings 55 points on 34 shots. How much is Brandon making?

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Papercut posted:

A pretty good game, almost as good as Brandon Jennings 55 points on 34 shots. How much is Brandon making?

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.

Deus Rex posted:

Holy poo poo that loving thread. gently caress these LA people man. I would say come to NY Swaggy P but we trying to win :cool: Tho he could play for the new jersey nets I guess.

Redgrendel2001 posted:

If..... Nick Young didn't want pictures taken without his consent than.......... maybe,, he shouldn't, have driven around a blue ferrari.....,.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Now if my previous post triggered you into being about to post a paragraph about some poo poo, first remember where you are and then either get out or chill out with this gif:

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Was that KG just watching Jennings blow by him?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

There were some pretty good moments from the Wolves/Bulls game tonight. I made an imgur album to store the .gifs I've been making if anyone wants to check them out.

http://imgur.com/a/R2cHv

They're sorta big so I don't want to just link them, not sure how much is too much for a non-gdt/gif thread.

Welcome back, Jimmy Butler

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

*someone comes in and complains about gif size for the sake of complaining*

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Vanilla Mint Ice posted:

Now if my previous post triggered you into being about to post a paragraph about some poo poo, first remember where you are and then either get out or chill out with this gif:

Okay Aladdin.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
By the way, shouldn't someone make a November N/V thread? This one is pretty huge.

pylb
Sep 22, 2010

"The superfluous, a very necessary thing"

R.D. Mangles posted:

Welcome back, Jimmy Butler

BearDrivingTruck posted:

By the way, shouldn't someone make a November N/V thread? This one is pretty huge.

Also we are now in November.

Faxanadu
Apr 18, 2003

N/V stands for November

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

BearDrivingTruck posted:

Here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3678392

• Locked thread