Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Playing Stargate on my Atari 7800.

Cool game imo.

Also figuring out how to farm Chopter lifter for epic high scores.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

At my grandparent's house, I played Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. on the NES.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

hiding wolfenstein 3d from my mother

mother hated the blood nazi game

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

little nemo the dream master for nes is my earliest remembered gaming experience and i was actually recently able to get a working cartridge of it and it really made my life a happier thing

heard u like girls
Mar 25, 2013

playing h.e.r.o. , choplifter and bruce-lee on a C64

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Humans Among Us posted:

playing h.e.r.o. , choplifter and bruce-lee on a C64

legit

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Big blues theme from f-zero. Still pops into my head randomly.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Shooting massive black squares in Robot Tank.

Plum Chaser
Jul 2, 2011

by Lowtax

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

lode runner

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
My dad always used to be able to beat the Star Fox 64 levels that I couldn't, he loving played the poo poo out of Star Fox 64 back in the day, I think he went through all the different paths like 5 times a week.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Omally posted:

holding the light gun right up to the tv screen so i could shoot the ducks point blank

also toe jam and earl on the sega channel

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

my brother explaining to me what a NES was when I was 3 years old while my dad was buying him an NES at Toys R Us

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

My mom's brothers were visiting the US for the first time from Puerto Rico and she hadn't seen them in years and one of her brothers really liked Nintendo so she went out and bought a SNES with a couple games. I didn't speak Spanish and my uncles didn't speak English, so I'd just mock pressing buttons on a controller to see if they'd wanna play Link to the Past.

Flynn Taggart
Jun 14, 2006

Earliest was a pacman cabinet somewhere when I was itty bitty before I got an nes

Best is probs the countless nights I spent playing star fox 64 and wishing I was a badass arwing pilot

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I remember renting N.A.R.C. when I was a little kid and taking it to a friends house

His parents were horrified at the pixelated gore and I got in trouble :(

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Walking over and over again into that first goomba in Super Mario because I could not fathom pushing more than one button at a time.

I'd go to my friends house and I'd make him put it on two-player and he kept doing okay and every time my turn came up he'd dramatically sigh and even sometimes say a cuss word and hand me the controller and be like "just walk into the goomba again you are so stupid, god"

Then that Christmas I got a Super Nintendo so who was the real stupid all along. :smuggo:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Playing some kirby game on the super nintendo. It was pretty fun.

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
The smell of wood smoke always brings up a strong memory of getting Zelda 1 for christmas, sitting at the desk in the basement playing it on the composite monitor we had for our C64. It was the first non-action/arcade game I owned, and welp, now here I am. But my mom, in her infinite wisdom, wouldn't let me open the sealed envelope that came in the box, that had the hint book and map and stuff. I was hardcore from day 1.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Bought my first console, a Sega Genesis, at the local Circuit City. The guy was trying to explain to eight-year-old me how to combine cartridges on Sonic & Knuckles and I was just going along since I didn't know what the hell he was talking about. Then I read the manual and was like, "Oh, OK."

The console came with Aladdin and Lion King and those are still pretty good licensed games.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

I was 4 or 5 and it was probably Mario 2 on my brother's game boy. Around the same age I went to stay with this woman who babysat me sometimes when my parents were out of town and she had a Vectrex at her house and I spent the next ten years wondering what it was because I never saw one again.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Widestancer posted:

I remember renting N.A.R.C. when I was a little kid and taking it to a friends house

His parents were horrified at the pixelated gore and I got in trouble :(

did you tell them you were fighting the drugs?

i think parents are okay with killing drug dealers

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

My parents got a Magnavox Odyssey 100, which was basically a home Pong machine. Yes, kids, I AM older than dirt.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
This real piece of poo poo right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaStDcgQV8g&t=6s

Followed much later by BubbleBobble on the NES, an actual decent game. The first one didn't inspire much.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
pretty sure the first 'video game' i owned was the tiger lcd handheld of megaman 2

i was so disappointed the boss 'sprites' didn't look like the original :v:

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
when i was 5 i had just gotten an nes and super mario bros. i guess i didnt get to play it enough in the daytime because one night i stayed up and when everyone was asleep i climbed up our entertainment center to turn the nes and tv on, and played for a while until my mom came in and saw me

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

But Rocks Hurt Head posted:

pretty sure the first 'video game' i owned was the tiger lcd handheld of megaman 2

i was so disappointed the boss 'sprites' didn't look like the original :v:

I had that game. It was surprisingly good, but of course once your figured out the "trick" it became really easy. Still fun though imo.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

my first game may have been simon's quest, which is why things have gone so poorly for me in my adult life.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

BKPR posted:

my first game may have been simon's quest, which is why things have gone so poorly for me in my adult life.

i think your av accurately reflects that experience

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmPjsBDN9Xw

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

Gimbal lock posted:

BubbleBobble on the NES, an actual decent game.

My friend and me, who were age six, played that too, and we wrote a song about the boss:

My name's Grumple Gromit and I'm here to say
I am a turd in a major way

Games are art

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Starcraft custom maps. Neat as gently caress.

americong
May 29, 2013

I received a Game Boy Color for my birthday

along with A Bug's Life

protests to receive Pokemon followed soon after

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

i remember learning to play some spelling game with a bee on the 386 when I was ~3, in DOS I had to go to a: and then start the program and my dad wrote the instructions on a post-it note

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!
Rad racer II for NES.

Worst racing game ever. Although Norihiko Hibono did the music for it believe it or not.

• Locked thread