Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Every true gamer has a cherished videogame memory from their wicked gaming childhood. Mine was watching my brother play Sonic Adventure on the Dreamcast and running from Killer Whales. That's when I fell in love with "the game" and I knew what my future would be. What is your earliest videogame memory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mung Dynasty
Jul 19, 2003

Why do the peasants slave while the emperor gets to eat all the mung?!
inviting myself over to the neighbors house every day and playing mario on their nes until they finally had to ask me to leave

Tokyo Incident
Nov 1, 2011

relax
Street Fighter 2 in the arcade with ken, that's how you start a gamer career.

Funkchop
Jun 9, 2013
i played Link to the Past on SNES with my older siblings and before I could beat Ganon my save got deleted. not the happiest memory, I guess.

shove me like you do
Dec 9, 2007

Real Neato

Fun Shoe
Dat sweet snes soundchip version of big blue. Still randomly plays in my head sometimes.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.
Faking illness so I could stay home from school to play The Legend of Zelda.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsr-2sz9Nak&t=228s

Birth of a pro gaymer.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

a dig dug arcade machine somewhere in washington state i think. we were in a place that was kind of like a chuck e cheese but not really and i remember the arcade machine. there was also a ballpit.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Playing the original Mario on NES and having my mom beat the castle levels for me cuz Bowser scared me

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mung Dynasty posted:

inviting myself over to the neighbors house every day and playing mario on their nes until they finally had to ask me to leave

same vein: my parents carrying me, literally kicking and screaming, from the neighbor's house because i did not want to stop playing mario

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

JethroMcB posted:

same vein: my parents carrying me, literally kicking and screaming, from the neighbor's house because i did not want to stop playing mario

Same but with Simearth for the SNES because that owned. First vg memory was my dad buying an NES and being really lovely at mario.

Edit: Cmon dad step up your game

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
my dad bringing home an ugly grey brick that made mario appear on the tv

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
being poo poo at the amazing spider-man for game boy. game is impossible btw

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

I remember staring at a sweet mostly naked barbarian chick on the cover of some nes game when I was a small child. I can't remember the name of the game, and that is why I'm so hosed up sexually.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thank my Father for this dearest memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKyQvFd5jY

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Poonerman posted:

being poo poo at the amazing spider-man for game boy. game is impossible btw

yoooooooooooo gently caress that game.

my parents got me the wizards and warriors game, the tmnt game, and this. for nes i had tmnt and legacy of the wizard

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
mario 2 in a playchoice 10 machine at Hills

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

i got wrecked so hard in dota 2 that i cried and i couldnt see the screen after that, which made it even worse. but when i was crying i couldnt see the mad owns that were coming up on the screen. i couldnt read them anyway though

HeyCrapOnThis
Jul 3, 2002

HeyCrapOnThis posted:

I remember staring at a sweet mostly naked barbarian chick on the cover of some nes game when I was a small child. I can't remember the name of the game, and that is why I'm so hosed up sexually.

I'm pretty sure this is it even though I don't think this game ever came out for the nes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

playing burger time on intellivision

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I used to play the NES Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game with my dad. That explains why I hate my father. (jk internet dad love you)

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
I'm so old my first video game memory is literally Pong.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Playing Kaboom on the 2600 using the paddle controller or trying to play the Hobbit text game on a Commodore 64

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

when I was a little kid my parents had a turbografx and mymom played klax a lot.bc my dad always worked. I rememeber sitting beside her and hearing the KLAK KLAK KLAK KLAK NEXT WAVE voice all the time, maybe more than I heard her.

I remember really liking portal because glados talkes to.you.

I Like klax.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Earliest memory is killing stuff in Duck Hunt, but the best is probably when I accidentally cut down a tree in Paperboy and my brother flipped out about it. :v:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I played pacman on an arcade machine my grandmother had when I was two, and I was drat good at it. I got to the fourth tier rather quickly. It was then that I knew I would one day be a professional gamer.

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
getting a nes and my aunt + grandma setting it up then taking turns playing it to "show me how it worked" what a crock of poo poo

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

My mom had an atari when ahe was younger and I'd stay with my grandparents allthe time bc my mom was still on college so I'd play a lot of atari games at my gtandmas

I liked looking at the labels but the game never matched them and Ib didn't really understand it at the time. I liked food fight a lot and I still remember all the sounds today. It's a good game.

I rememember looking up to how good my grandma was at river raid and then growing up and watching het not be able to understand more complicated games. By the time I played Kingdom Hearts at her house.and she just didn't get it I knew we'd never be close again.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
was at a family party when i was five and someone had a sega with sonic 2 and chemical plant zone's music.

first pc game was half life on an hp that could barely play the game. didn't know how to wasd, and chucked a buncha c4 into the room full of houndeyes praying that i'd survive the blast from the sewer tunnel underneath.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

zen death robot posted:

what's the payout like on the pro gamer circuit these days?

It depends entirely on the game you play.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
kirby's adventure
it owned

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Playing Super Mario Bros with a neighbor.

He died a year later.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Dr Pepper posted:

Playing Super Mario Bros with a neighbor.

He died a year later.

i played trauma center, and then right after i beat it someone died

and then i played the wii trauma center, and right after i beat it someone else i knew died

but i was like fuggit and played the second wii trauma center, and no one died. i was happy to get thru the curse, of trauma center

A cool damn horse
Jan 25, 2009

Playing super mario bros. and duck hunt at my grandma's house. And super mario bros. 3 which will probably always be my favorite platformer, I love that poo poo. The fish that eats you and kills you in one hit at world 3 legitimately really scared me and probably still does

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
holding the light gun right up to the tv screen so i could shoot the ducks point blank

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

My dad playing River Raid on Commodore 64 plugged to TV in living room one morning, and giving me a joystick to go on and try.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Watching my friend play Spyro: Year of The Dragon on his PS1. He didn't have a memory card, though, so he could only play through the first chunk of the game.

Ball Cupper
Sep 10, 2011

~beautiful in my own way~

bef posted:

I thank my Father for this dearest memory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvKyQvFd5jY

HEck yeah

I remember being amazed at the Doom chainsaw. So meaty

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
Playing Stargate on my Atari 7800.

Cool game imo.

Also figuring out how to farm Chopter lifter for epic high scores.

ate shit on live tv fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jun 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BoredDG
Aug 10, 2013

At my grandparent's house, I played Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. on the NES.

• Locked thread