Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lethemonster
Aug 5, 2009

I was hiding under your bench because I don't want to work out

TTornado posted:

And Kit does something too, I guess.

I wish.

I WISH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Lethemonster posted:

I wish.

I WISH.

It's a shame when the dice are unkind.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

D&D! Episode 6-1: The Difference Between Bandits and Adventurers

Joey and Palla make their way through the dungeon only to find it being destroyed by metal monstrosities.

The rest of the party hassle harmless bandits.

This week's talking point, what do YOU consider to be the difference between bandits and adventurers? (the real answer is there isn't one)

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012
Bandits have just given up and admitted they're robbing the dead. Adventurers haven't yet.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

WolfShirt posted:

This week's talking point, what do YOU consider to be the difference between bandits and adventurers? (the real answer is there isn't one)
Adventurers are the ones who signed the proper permits and knew the right people before they started murdering things. Bandits are the ones who signed the wrong permits and knew the wrong people. When you set out on a journey from your home for gold and glory it's honestly a coinflip as to which way you could end up.

TTornado
Feb 15, 2015

Piso mojado, dirtbag.
Bandits are usually largely indistinguishable from one another and stick to a relatively humanoid species, whereas adventurers can be all sorts of weird things, like snakes and bulls and rabbits, or rocks, or Palla.

AhrimanPK
Oct 9, 2012

'Ello 'Ello 'Ello

My name's Clive Owen!

Louispul5 posted:

Bandits have just given up and admitted they're robbing the dead. Adventurers haven't yet.

Actually Bandits rob people when they're still alive as well, but as Joey Hoofvsz will one day say, "Robbing the dead is actually the most heroic thing you can do."

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

WolfShirt posted:

Bandits go after merchants and travelers, generally controlling a set territory.

Adventurers, having far less of an attention span, travel the globe, kill anything that looks at them funny, and take everything that isn't nailed down so they can destroy the economy of the kingdom town by town by flooding the market.

Who are the real monsters?

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

Shei-kun posted:

Who are the real monsters?

Gnolls. gently caress gnolls.

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Jalathas posted:

Gnolls. gently caress gnolls.

You're misquoting iiiiiiit!

Don't be gnoll-racist, especially in DnD Babies, where skelemans are our friends and gelatinous cubes are not terrifying bosses.

Bluhman
Nov 7, 2009

Low morale causes the golems to dance in panic.
Adventurers do inane errands for people they wander across in hope of monetary profit or artifacts.

Bandits just gently caress poo poo up in towns, forests, caves, or tombs in hope of monetary product or artifacts. Note that Adventurers also can do this, but it's almost always with the pretense of helping some person that said they should do so.

In the case a Bandit is working for another person in earnest, the said person is usually hugely influential and/or promises huge amounts of profit.

Long story short a Bandit is an Adventurer with their priorities straight.

Jalathas
Nov 26, 2010

WFGuy posted:

You're misquoting iiiiiiit!

Don't be gnoll-racist, especially in DnD Babies, where skelemans are our friends and gelatinous cubes are not terrifying bosses.

((Was I quoting something? I was just trying to think of the least liked humanoid enemy that came to mind.))

WFGuy
Feb 18, 2011

Press X to jump, then press X again!
Toilet Rascal

Jalathas posted:

((Was I quoting something? I was just trying to think of the least liked humanoid enemy that came to mind.))

No, the quote was actually mine, Wolfshirt in LP13A, his character is a gnoll named Shuckles. LP13A's also really really good.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

WFGuy posted:

No, the quote was actually mine, Wolfshirt in LP13A, his character is a gnoll named Shuckles. LP13A's also really really good.

Uhh, I'm pretty sure The Monster, Manuél is not named shuckles

Louispul5
Oct 10, 2012

AhrimanPK posted:

Actually Bandits rob people when they're still alive as well, but as Joey Hoofvsz will one day say, "Robbing the dead is actually the most heroic thing you can do."

Yeah but if you kill them and take their stuff, you're robbing the dead. So honestly Adventurers are never NOT robbing the dead!

Delimann
Oct 10, 2012

Raenir K. Artemi posted:

Uhh, I'm pretty sure The Monster, Manuél is not named shuckles

please don't defame the good name of shuckles, thanks

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Speaking of DnD podcasts, the iphone version of the original "Legend of Kod's gold" campaign has dissapeared. Long live the podcast. :smith:

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Speaking of DnD podcasts, the iphone version of the original "Legend of Kod's gold" campaign has dissapeared. Long live the podcast. :smith:

You mean iTunes? Yes, but luckily a while back some enterprising fans pooled their resources and made this complete LPDND archive! Pretty cool, huh?

Well. Except for the long-lost Session One, but I promise you're not missing much, as exclusive as it sounds.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

ikks posted:

You mean iTunes? Yes, but luckily a while back some enterprising fans pooled their resources and made this complete LPDND archive! Pretty cool, huh?

Well. Except for the long-lost Session One, but I promise you're not missing much, as exclusive as it sounds.

This is, in fact, pretty cool.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

ikks posted:

I'm not entirely sure if it's complete.
If anyone has something that isn't there, but should be, just toss it over to me and I can add it.

Turks
Nov 16, 2006

I'm not sure if anyone has asked this before, but where do you guys get the artwork for your pogs? Especially the gelatinous cube, that was a masterpiece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is everything okay with this game? :ohdear:

• Locked thread