Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Pretty pretty pony pony pretty pony pon pon

THE GAME
Once upon a time Wizards of the Coast made a new edition of their wildly popular tabletop RPG series, Dungeons and Dragons. They called it 4th edition and it was a huge departure from everything that came before it. People were furious and rebelled. It was the worst thing that had ever happened.

Learning from their mistakes Wizards made a brand new edition, more faithful to their origins, bringing them back to their roots. People were furious and rebelled. It was the worst thing that had ever happened.

But yet a few brave souls will attempt to tame this newest incarnation, rolling dice for the fate of the universe.

ACTUALLY we're playing 3.5 the BEST version of D&D

THE PARTY
YOUNG JOEY HOOFVSZ (Wolfshirt) Minotaur Cleric of Kord, less magically inclined than a divine man of god usually should be. Some say he only got into the gig for the tax breaks. Nonetheless he does get his soldiers back on their feet even if he's more comfortable putting enemies off theirs.

PALLA (Panzer Skank) Elven Monk of Justice. No time for descriptions, there's only time for JUSTICE! ...sometimes time for cake also, but mostly justice. Also chocolate. Also justice!

ROCKMEATS (Gharbad) Ancient rock golem of Friendship. Leaving his ancient temple home once it became too ransacked Rockmeats met Palla and began his monk training as her apprentice.

KIT OPHELIA LOGOS o SFER (Ikks) Kit is a Barbarian of a Disney Princess. Transformed into a rabbit when her kingdom was cursed she decided to go out and fix it her dang self and not wait for some stupid prophecy to do it for her.

PRAUSIA (Poorweather) Wizard of unfortunate constituation. She's a powerful Yuan-ti mage who travels the world helping those in need. Her kindness and generosity is only matched by her inability to take a hit.

And MEDIBOT as the ever menacing DUNGEON MASTER and chairman of the NPC appreciation station

THE VIDEOS
We play once a month so videos should be 1/4th of a session roughly every week.

SESSION 1
1-1: The Readventuring
1-2: The Encounter of Jellies
1-3: The Errut Problem
1-4: The Golem: Investigation

SESSION 2
2-1: The Meeting Of Larry Larrycola
2-2: The Expert Infiltration of LarryCola Industries
2-3: The True Culprit Revealed
2-4: The Dork, The Industrialist and The Paladin

SESSION 3
3-1: The Victory Party
3-2: The Three Wizards
3-3: The Yuan-ti Enters
3-4: The Beetle Battles

SESSION 3.5
3.5-1: The First Taste of 3.5 Dungeoning
3.5-2: The Fist Double's Lament
3.5-3: The Beetle Battle's Bitter Beginning
3.5-4: The Beetle King is Dead Long Live The Beetle King

SESSION 4
4-1: The Party Ruins A Town
4-2: The Pawnshop and The Bloodsport
4-3: The Curious Pumpkin Bumpkin
4-4 The Bloodless Bloodsport
4-5: The Fake Fight Gets Real

SESSION 5
5-1: The Wicked Wood Weakens Wills
5-2: The Wicked Woods Bandit Beat Up
5-3: The Bandits Get What For
5-4: The Necromancer's Adorable Dungeon

SESSION 6
6-1: The Difference Between Bandits and Adventurers

WolfShirt fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

FAN ART GOES HERE!

Faerie Fortune posted:

Hello my name is Fae and I have too much time on my hands so I crocheted a mini-Palla with tiny cake

PublicOpinion posted:

Doing a three color pixel version of Kit is rough. I'm not super happy with that one:

Dr. Demon posted:

(I got a little... carried away with the perspective and the architecture, hence why this took so long.)

Devious Vacuum posted:

I'm sorry Palla and Rockmeats, you are both my dear friends but Kit is the greatest princess to ever be a bunny:

Pyroi posted:

Here is an artist's rendition of the horrific monstrocity beautiful golem that Joey designed.

Yoake posted:

Really enjoying the campaign so far, so I made some things.

Did someone say justice?

If nobody said justice, then these are wildly inappropriate.

McGwee posted:

Some Kit love.

animaCartographer posted:

Just started listening to this campaign a few days ago, and I am loving it so far. So I drew some fan art, enjoy!

WolfShirt fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Sep 21, 2014

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Just saw this and HOLY poo poo I'M SO EXCITED!

The character descriptions are precious.

Tallik
Jan 17, 2014
Really looking forward to this the whole way through. :)

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

You can get anything you want at malice's restaurant
lp summary:

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

:allears: This'll be quite a thing.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013
I'm... I'm so happy.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

by the way, that's Kit Ophelia Logos o Sfer, thank you.

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

PlasmaMan posted:

by the way, that's Kit Ophelia Logos o Sfer, thank you.

SORRY! Geeze, such a diva! Corrected the OP

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Yay, I can finally follow one of these from the start! Getting into the previous LPs after they had been going was a bit daunting.

I feel like someone should make a Palla in Saint's Row 2's character creator. Maybe I will.

ikks
Sep 6, 2009

AfroSquirrel posted:

Yay, I can finally follow one of these from the start! Getting into the previous LPs after they had been going was a bit daunting.

I feel like someone should make a Palla in Saint's Row 2's character creator. Maybe I will.

this should help.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?

AfroSquirrel posted:

Seconded. I remember enjoying the first few vids of the previous threads, and regret never getting more into them.

Now I'm an ex-lurker and right on time. I'm stupidly excited for this!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The recap was amazing. :allears:

Panzer Skank
Jan 12, 2004

He's a regular-crab.
Not, like, a sex-crab.

PlasmaMan posted:

this should help.

Palla thought process in order of importance:

1) can i punch it
2) can i eat it
3) where is rockmeats

Gami Cross
Mar 28, 2008
Forget all that E3 and FIFA nonsense- This has me all excited!

I didn't even think Next was even close to being done - Time to make my Kobold Thief!

WolfShirt
May 8, 2007

Gami Cross posted:

Forget all that E3 and FIFA nonsense- This has me all excited!

I didn't even think Next was even close to being done - Time to make my Kobold Thief!

I should mention we're playing with the latest play test rules. not that it matter that much since we willfully ignore all the rules anyway.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Will you guys have an RSS feed for this coming up?

edit: I'm a doofus, this is on youtube and not just mp3.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!
One episode in, and this is already amazing! Can't wait for some more.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Hooray! I bring this up at the start of every thread, but that's because it's still worth saying: the D&D LPs are what finally inspired me to reach out to a group of nerds to play the game. Though the gaming has long since dried up do to Grown Up Situations, the friends I made changed my life for the better during the roughest part of it.

I still need to catch up on the last two 13th Age sessions, but drat those production efforts! Rockmeats is my new favorite rock person.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

DrakePegasus posted:

the D&D LPs are what finally inspired me to reach out to a group of nerds to play the game.

Yeah, same. Always figured they were dumb nerd things that were strictly a grognardy all serious all the time affair.

Then these threads happened and I've never been more glad to be wrong.

ishikabibble
Jan 21, 2012

That intro.
Just... that intro :allears:

Talk about hitting the ground running, goddamn! Eagerly awaiting to see where this is gonna go.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
A D&D LP that I'm not a part of? Scandalous!

I will watch it ALL. :allears:

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Seeing this early was fantastic and had me laughing pretty hard. Looking forward to more adventures. :allears:

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's like a dream I never had or thought of coming true.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Ah, I haven't watched a D&D campaign in quite a while. The intro and character art is top-notch, so I'll be sticking around for this one. (Kit has the best design. :allears:)

Oh no, the dice are already revolting against Rockmeats. Off to a good start.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer
This is going to be the best.

Already loving it.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

This should be fun. Subbed.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
More D&D? But I'm still so far behind on the 13th Age thread. I'm... I'm not sure I'm ready for this. :ohdear:

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Drakkel posted:

A D&D LP that I'm not a part of? Scandalous!

I will watch it ALL. :allears:

Young Algernon is spared the knowledge that Joey exists for a while longer.

So Next is decent now? I think I remember listening to a podcast where people played a trial adventure that made it literally impossible to get hit in the boss fight.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Striking Yak posted:

Young Algernon is spared the knowledge that Joey exists for a while longer.

So Next is decent now? I think I remember listening to a podcast where people played a trial adventure that made it literally impossible to get hit in the boss fight.

It's looking better and better. The actual basic rules are going to be released in 6 days as well.

Capt. J. Linebeck
Dec 28, 2012

Excellent. I've heard a lot about D&D Next so I'll be interested in seeing more of it in action. Also nice to see Joey Hoofvsz in action again.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
I really wasn't expecting this and I'm so excited :toot:

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Yapping Eevee posted:

Oh no, the dice are already revolting against Rockmeats. Off to a good start.

It should be noted that on the stealth checks, Rockmeats didn't actually roll any dice, just '2 + 1'.

kalonZombie
May 24, 2010

D&D 3.5 Book of Erotic Fantasy
Hooray, a thing I can watch from the beginning and not have to obsessively marathon / get burned out on.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

WolfShirt posted:

Disclaimer: We know D&D next has a ...reputation but remember making fun of dumb mechanics is fine. Fighting about dumb mechanics is less fine.

As someone who has not been following the D&D Next development, can someone fill me in on what this reputation is (without, I guess, getting into a fight about it)? I've seen things like character sheets posted on the Escapist, and the comment section is usually "I still have 3.5 so no thanks."

Also, those characters are the most adorable things ever.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lotish posted:

As someone who has not been following the D&D Next development, can someone fill me in on what this reputation is (without, I guess, getting into a fight about it)?
The reputation is that it sucks.

Lotish posted:

Agreed.

General Ironicus
Aug 21, 2008

Something about this feels kinda hinky

Lotish posted:

As someone who has not been following the D&D Next development, can someone fill me in on what this reputation is (without, I guess, getting into a fight about it)? I've seen things like character sheets posted on the Escapist, and the comment section is usually "I still have 3.5 so no thanks."

Well there's this: https://twitter.com/tablehop/status/474970233602859008

OzCavalier
Jun 6, 2006

SON OF BITCH!
[LEFT HOOK]
Chiming in with another "In on the ground floor of a new LP" post.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
I can't believe you're actually running and made D&D Babies.

I mean that owns, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I find the verisimilitude of these characters highly dubious. You power gamers certainly wouldn't get away with taking Minotaur or golem as your race at MY table! :colbert:

Real talk, kinda stoked to see how DDN plays when it's being run by someone besides the humorless spergs it was trying to cater to.

• Locked thread