Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

EnsGDT posted:

Kit vs. Shirt vs. Jersey

Discuss.

strip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I will probably not take any of this advice and wear my team USA jersey to the bar to watch the soccer game on Tuesday.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

I will probably not take any of this advice and wear my team USA jersey to the bar to watch the soccer game on Tuesday.

Or you could wear your USA shirt to the pub to watch the football match on Tuesday.

Makes you think.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Or, as they call it in Australia, "Wednesday".

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Referee vs Umpire vs Linesman vs Judge vs Official

Discuss.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I mean really linespeople should more accurately be referred to as assistant referees

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Shrapnig posted:

Or you could wear your USA shirt to the pub to watch the football match on Tuesday.

Makes you think.

or he could wear his usa jersey while he drives off a cliff that would be cool too

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Shrapnig posted:

Makes you think.

Could I get this translated from English to English, thanks in advance.

USA shirt

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque puņ essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I identify as offside.

Filippo?

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

i loled irl

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Oh the things we worry about after our team has been eliminated from the World Cup.

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
im norwegian so im still in this because of costa rica and the us

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Lol at residents of a country where they can't pronounce their R's trying to get all prescriptive about language. Sorry clowns.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

sassassin posted:

Concussions aren't a big deal.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

vaginal culture posted:

Lol at residents of a country where they can't pronounce their R's trying to get all prescriptive about language. Sorry clowns.

I love pronouncing r's so much that I pronounce them multiple times per instance.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fat greasy puto posted:

or he could wear his usa jersey while he drives off a cliff that would be cool too

:(

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Tzen posted:

Referee vs Umpire vs Linesman vs Judge vs Official

A referee stands in the middle of an association football pitch and gives fouls.
An umpire makes a Nazi salute when it goes for four or six, then points at something when the batsman is out.
A linesman has a flag that s/he points at the offsideses depending on which attacking third of the field it enters.
You can also refer to a linesman as "The A.R." I promise nobody will mind.
A judge can be found in your nearest county court.
I don't know what happened to the first three officials.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

runoverbobby posted:

A referee stands in the middle of an association football pitch and gives fouls.

A referee awards free kicks and penalties when fouls occur.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

sassassin posted:

A referee awards free kicks and penalties when fouls occur.

Yer mam awards me goal kicks when my balls go into touch.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
This thread is like dipping into a cool lake after interacting with mainly Americans during the world cup.

Earthy Ape Unit
Jun 17, 2014

by XyloJW

I am OK posted:

This thread is like dipping into a cool lake after interacting with mainly Americans during the world cup.

I dipped my balls into yet mam. Full dogs in the bathtub.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL
Was that an official FIFA(tm) sanctioned event?

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

MeramJert posted:

What about headballs?
He's the shadow chancellor, famously bad at using Twitter, and supports Norwich City FC. They are not playing at this World Cup.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

EnsGDT posted:

USA shirt

USA shorts

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre
It's Man of the Match (MotM), not MVP.

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Contrary to what you may have heard, it's OK not to say Hhhhamez Rodriguez and pronounce it the English way, since he's the one in the wrong.

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
For the last time, it's it's not its you tit.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Why are British announcers completely incapable of pronouncing Spanish/Portuguese names?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Seltzer posted:

Why are British announcers completely incapable of pronouncing Spanish/Portuguese names?

Who give a poo poo.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Seltzer posted:

Same reason Spanish/Portuguese commentators don't pronounce English names perfectly (also laziness). There are one or two commentators who insist on trying to pronounce names natively and they just come across as pretentious try-hards.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Tsaedje posted:

Same reason Spanish/Portuguese commentators don't pronounce English names perfectly (also laziness). There are one or two commentators who insist on trying to pronounce names natively and they just come across as pretentious try-hards.

I'm not asking for faux accents and all that. Most Brit announcers still say Martin-ez (one example). Tin pronounced like the metal. The Univision announcers seem to do fine with English names.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Maybe when we start playing a Spanish game such as throw a banana at a black person or chase a donkey off a church then we'll start to pronounce their dumb loving names properly

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Seltzer posted:

I'm not asking for faux accents and all that. Most Brit announcers still say Martin-ez (one example). Tin pronounced like the metal. The Univision announcers seem to do fine with English names.

British barely speak english anymore they've corrupted the language so much. Just disgusting.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Don't worry about it, you'll all be speaking Spanish by 2050.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pissflaps posted:

Hell, it's already the dominant language in the US.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

Whatever we speak, the world will be too, so hit the books pendejo.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Thanks OP, also didn't you say you were going to do a doping thread at some point?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

tekz posted:

Thanks OP, also didn't you say you were going to do a doping thread at some point?

There is no doping in modern football whatsoever and if you repeat those baseless allegations surely the good people of FIFA (stands for: Football Is loving Awesome) will bring suit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

tekz posted:

Its been posted in SAS not TRP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
Sweet, thanks

• Locked thread