Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
8 am patch time oh boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Launch day madness.

So, who's rerolling to get in on the launch day contest? Lib?

quote:

We’re giving new warriors a fresh start with our live launch. Starting tomorrow, 7/29/14, at 2 P.M. PDT (Pacific), we’re going to begin a brand-new leveling contest to see which Swordsman warrior is the most motivated and dedicated to martial arts. For two weeks until August 12, 2014 at 2 P.M. PDT (Pacific), players will have a chance to race to the top by creating a new character and leveling him or her as quickly as possible by our deadline in a race to the top! Experience boosters are allowed during this contest, if you wish to use them.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
All I'm saying is a hero's pack is not worth the effort required to win that contest.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Here's an example of the captcha system they implemented to deter bots

Edit - Please note the Financial Manager guild bonus quests have the captcha as well. If you fail the captcha you lose one quest turn in.

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jul 29, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
RIP in peace bots.

Blacktooth
Apr 13, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Here's an example of the captcha system they implemented to deter bots

Edit - Please note the Financial Manager guild bonus quests have the captcha as well. If you fail the captcha you lose one quest turn in.

That is a much more secure Captcha than I was expecting. I'm shocked.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I was trying to explain that to someone and they kept mentioning how they had set up a captcha bypass program before. I thought he meant writing a program for it and not some textbypass.exe double click.

This is actually a lot more difficult to program something to get around and at best the bots can force it 1 in 56 tries.

The only thing that would make it easy is if it had a stock set of pictures to pull from.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

1 in 28 actually. Clicking the same one twice fails so you have 8-n for each picture, starting at 1.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Ahaha didn't know about clicking on a thing twice would fail you, also yah, I went two far.

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Third World Reggin posted:

I was trying to explain that to someone and they kept mentioning how they had set up a captcha bypass program before. I thought he meant writing a program for it and not some textbypass.exe double click.

I was saying making a sufficiently accurate Captcha breaker for this purpose would not be a difficult/impossible task and you kept telling me to actually look at it. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's (more) secure, no reason to be obtuse about it :confused:

Ihki fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 30, 2014

Dahn
Sep 4, 2004

Ihki posted:

I was saying making a sufficiently accurate Captcha breaker for this purpose would not be a difficult/impossible task and you kept telling me to actually look at it. Just because it's different doesn't mean it's (more) secure, no reason to be obtuse about it :confused:

How could you be so obtuse?

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Third World Reggin posted:

Ahaha didn't know about clicking on a thing twice would fail you, also yah, I went two far.
Well, it's technically a failure in that you don't solve the captcha that way. I dunno if it actually literally pops up "YOU FAILURE" if you do it.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

If you fail the captcha Hello.jpeg appears on the screen and it's calls you a human being in Chinese. Lutherince explained it in mumble

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are those rotating 3d objects?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

As far as we can tell, yah. Stationary but each time you do it they are rotated in a different direction.

Plenty of humans have so far failed it and if you do it for a guild quest that rewards unbound, a worthless quest for most, you use up a quest for the day.

We have had several issues where goats and horses are rotated such that it is hard to figure out which is the right one. Same thing with the pug dog and some other unnameable beast.

It is a pretty good captcha.

Bots will still get into instances but it is so slow that most stay open. The new event also happens in a pvp zone with no penalties so bots can't do that place without dieing.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Swordsman online is a free to play, open pvp game from Perfect World Beijing. It is set in a fantastical chinese setting based on The Heaven Sword and Dragon Saber wuxia setting. Some regard it as a polished, far more enjoyable version of the similar game Age of Wushu.

Here are some samples of the gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2kXkygBztM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLQ22aF_SS4

How to play with goons

Download Arc here
http://games.arcgames.com/en/

Download the game via arc.

First you have to be on the server US East Claymore. You can not be on the other US east server or any other server.

You will need to be level 20 then you can apply to the guild “GoonTangClan”. You just open up the guild list, find us, and apply.

Since we don't know if you are a goon or not let us know your name in this thread. Otherwise you might be niggerstomper59 who just applied.

Game wiki
http://swordsman.gamepedia.com/Swordsman_Wiki

Features:

Intriguing class system

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbzC99q-hFM

Sheep based PvP

Respectfully draws on the Deep well of Chinese culture and heritage for inspiration

Flying Mounts

Glorious Character creator

Deep and Rich Cash Shop

Graffiti system foe painting the town red (red colour not included)

Goon Testimonials:

"School costumes (Girls) :

Most sensible - Splendor
Most sexy - S&M
Most knickers showing - Zephyr
Best hats - 5Venoms"
- Aleksander noted upskirt expert

"The grind is more heinous than I thought, and after the event last night and seeing how gems are blowing up on Lash, I can see the p2w at the end of the tunnel. I find the arenas very fun, and like the idea of being in a tournament, but that can only carry things so far, Add to that my fiance bitching me out last night about gaming too much."
- Haroshia Goon Tang Clan head diplomat

New Goons:

You must reach lvl 20 before applying to the guild, also it is best to stay online and pm a goon to accept you, after posting your in game name in this thread. The quickest way to level is to quest until lvl 15 then solo the first dungeon after turning on your double xp buff (top of screen beige EXP button next to LV number).

You should also enter a tutor number. Hit escape key, and choose tutor button far left, and paste a code into the box for tutor. This gives you a box of goodies every 10 levels.

Tutor codes
HyC's: 23070000000131088460
whoopy: 23070000000212000844

At level 50 players can pick up students and provide them with daily experience and a 15% experience buff for 30 minutes. The buff can be applied by the master all day long, and if the master is not doing it the student can ask for it a limited number of times. So when you join the guild ask for mentors and start using that bonus xp.

Diplomacy:

"In 2 days Zhou will discuss getting us into their alliance. Hopefully that stops people from being tards." - Haroshia Goontang CLan diplomat.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

It's a bit bare bones and mostly copy and pasted from this thread. If someone wants to tinker with it feel free. People wanted a new thread for launch, which was today. If anyone has any suggestions feel free.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Pay me and BERGfu royalties.

Also take off the class chart because we made it to gently caress with other "people". Last thing we need is new goons ranting about how there is no monkey canyon instance secret entrance.

Edit: Fixed some terrible images.

Replace This one

With this

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Jul 30, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Pay me and BERGfu royalties.

Also take off the class chart because we made it to gently caress with other "people". Last thing we need is new goons ranting about how there is no monkey canyon instance secret entrance.

THIS

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?goto=post&postid=431918825#post431918825

alkesandr quote

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Let me know what else you want in the new op and I'll post it after class tomorrow.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Haroshia posted:

In 2 days Zhou will discuss getting us into their alliance. Hopefully that stops people from being tards.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Haroshia posted:

So a bit of the shine is coming off the game for me, unfortunately. The grind is more heinous than I thought, and after the event last night and seeing how gems are blowing up on Lash, I can see the p2w at the end of the tunnel. I find the arenas very fun, and like the idea of being in a tournament, but that can only carry things so far. Add to that my fiance bitching me out last night about gaming too much, and I've decided I'm going to take a brief break. I may come back if when I think about it the game seems worth coming back to, but for now feel free to demote me down to member and give somebody else Wushu goon leadership.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

HaroXLemonKush forever.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Anal Papist posted:

Diplomacy:

"In 2 days Zhou will discuss getting us into their alliance. Hopefully that stops people from being tards." - Haroshia Goontang CLan diplomat.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Some nice open beta stats in the live article.

quote:

Roaring Tiger Crate is an upgraded version of the Tiger Crate w/ better chances at all items such as at the Tiger Tamer fashion (10x better) and the Roaring Tiger Mount (5x better).

10 and 5 times gently caress all is still gently caress all.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

quote:

Goon Testimonials:

"School costumes (Girls) :

Most sensible - Splendor
Most sexy - S&M
Most knickers showing - Zephyr
Best hats - 5Venoms"
- Aleksander noted upskirt expert

As community awarded titles goes on the SA forums i guess i could have got much, much worse.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Exciting Vehicle QTE Races:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ZGDYFj-kU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

New thread posted.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654319

• Locked thread