Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
and 2142 if anything added ways for infantry to mess with vehichles with EMPs and the really really good stationary anti vehichle guns and such. the effective removal of jets helped too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

You might have some rose tinted glasses going on, that game barely worked

I mean the physics were weird and the infantry combat was bad but it worked fine enough for me.

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

Space Hamlet posted:

and 2142 if anything added ways for infantry to mess with vehichles with EMPs and the really really good stationary anti vehichle guns and such. the effective removal of jets helped too

You could damage mechs as an infantryman by running under them and spraying bullets up their exhaust vents or whatever, I thought that was a nice touch

pros just blew everything up with the pilum tho

Mentalfloss
Nov 19, 2003

Grandma is a whore

Crewmine posted:

if the titan was moving the server crashed instantly

Crewmine
Apr 26, 2012

It was p good how almost every server MoTD opened with some variation of

"Welcome to our server please don't move the titan everyone have a good time be polite and have a fun time just please do not move the titan seriously we will ban you do not move the titan"

Mom with a blog
Jul 15, 2009

Comedy is basically self-deprecation.
i was playing dust 514 and it kind of reminded me of 2142 and just how loving badass it was to be in a full APC and have everyone launch their pods onto the enemy titan. and yeah it was just a clusterfuck of grenades but god drat it was intense inside.

i mean dust doesn't have that poo poo but as far as a f2p shooter goes its not bad

bara godzilla
Jul 27, 2010

YourAverageJoe posted:

oh boy hitscan weapons and short ttk

to be fair battlefield hasnt been hitscan for like 4 games now

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
the best part of 1942 was sneaking into the enemy camp and placing landmines in front of the airplane landing gear

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeKillB
May 13, 2009
we run a lan party a few times a year and bf1942 is always the highlight.

• Locked thread